Home

Tom Brady questions his team's toughness...

This is a discussion on Tom Brady questions his team's toughness... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2009, 05:16 PM   #17
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61
Re: Tom Brady questions his team's toughness...

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
If he wants to be a leader, to show he's a leader, then get up there & take the blame now when they are losing. Especially when he's always willing to smile for the camera when he's being compared to Unitas & Montana. That will get respect in the locker room. That will get the locker room to man up.
I think, since we're obviously on two different ends of the situation (I'm a Pats fan, you're not), we definitely have two different outlooks and take two different meanings from the same exact comments. Being an English major in college and doing bull**** readings 24/7, where 15 kids in a class read one line and find 10 different meanings, it's something I actually respect and appreciate. As far as how we view the comments, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

However, on the point I kept in the quote...I actually do agree. I would really love to see Brady say "I've had my ups and downs, especially in the red zone. I've made some bad reads and forced a few throws that I shouldn't have" and those kinds of comments. I just don't think we're ever going to see that in public (that's something I suspect happens when the players are watching film or during the meetings - the specific player mistakes that is).
Old 12-07-2009, 05:24 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
I think, since we're obviously on two different ends of the situation (I'm a Pats fan, you're not), we definitely have two different outlooks and take two different meanings from the same exact comments. Being an English major in college and doing bull**** readings 24/7, where 15 kids in a class read one line and find 10 different meanings, it's something I actually respect and appreciate. As far as how we view the comments, I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.
I can respect that.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #19
Bow for Bau

Vince's Arena

OVR: 28

I agree with JD. If he really wants to put some blame on his shoulders, he needs to say "I" not "we"

http://twitter.com/52isthemike
Old 12-07-2009, 05:46 PM   #20
Banned

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
Can someone show me where in that (rather crappy) article Brady passes the blame off to people?

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-e...ke-weve-played

Much better link with much more information from Brady's interview on WEEI this morning.

He blamed himself just as much, if not more, than anyone. He never states "the guys" or "the rest of the team"...he always uses "we"...etc.

I can see people hating on Brady for trying to get flags, but this is reaching new levels.

UGHHHHH just let us irrationally hate the Pats.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »