Home

Week 14: Denver @ Indianapolis

This is a discussion on Week 14: Denver @ Indianapolis within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 06:46 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: Week 14: Denver @ Indianapolis

They have to get the ball to start either the game or the second half. I see no possible way that that could be construed as cocky. You do know that scenerio happens on a regular basis right?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #50

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Yea, and even though the Broncos didn't capitalize, getting the ball to start the second half was a great opportunity to turn a big deficit into a closer game with a 14 point swing. The Broncos were down 21-0, they scored (almost too quickly) towards the end of the half, and could have scored to start the second half to bring the game within 7.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:16 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
They have to get the ball to start either the game or the second half. I see no possible way that that could be construed as cocky.
Agreed. A lot of teams do that to the Colts anyways. They'll defer the coin toss to try and force the Colts to a 3 and out on their opening drive. And if it fails, at least they get the ball after half. Make the right adjustments at halftime, come out, score, and set the tone for the rest of the game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 07:17 PM   #52
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Yea, and even though the Broncos didn't capitalize, getting the ball to start the second half was a great opportunity to turn a big deficit into a closer game with a 14 point swing. The Broncos were down 21-0, they scored (almost too quickly) towards the end of the half, and could have scored to start the second half to bring the game within 7.
Lol my bad. I deleted that first post, didn't word it the way I wanted to. And yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to get at. The Colts usually start fast and get a nice lead. I think that's what McDaniels was thinking, if we can't stop them, at least we'll have the ball after half.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 12-14-2009 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:24 PM   #53

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
They have to get the ball to start either the game or the second half. I see no possible way that that could be construed as cocky. You do know that scenerio happens on a regular basis right?
I wasn't thinking about it that deeply at the time. I just kinda thought about it so quickly because, I was like thats Peyton...not Eli. Why in hell would you give him the ball first when the bronco's offense has trouble scoring in the first place? I see the reason in it but, that offense really needed every chance they could get. I mean 3 INTs of Peyton and the offense repayed them by doing hardly nothing.

Last edited by SouthernBrick; 12-14-2009 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-15-2009, 11:46 AM   #54
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
I didn't think about it like that. Its Peyton though and the more you can keep it out of his hands the better. I'm not saying go for it on 4th & 2 on your own 30 or something like that but, the best game plan you can have is keep it out of his hands and try and pin them deep all day.
z Revis explained it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Agreed. A lot of teams do that to the Colts anyways. They'll defer the coin toss to try and force the Colts to a 3 and out on their opening drive. And if it fails, at least they get the ball after half. Make the right adjustments at halftime, come out, score, and set the tone for the rest of the game.
BECAUSE it's Peyton, teams will do this. It's not expecting a 3 and out as much as wanting the ball first in the 2nd half to set the tone for the rest of the game (as kehlis stated).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »