Home

Who's on the hot seat?

This is a discussion on Who's on the hot seat? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-13-2009, 10:51 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Who's on the hot seat?

I don't get what the big deal about Del Rio is. His team is on their way to the playoffs, and they're not even that talented. They stay pretty consistent with their W/L each year. He's a fine coach.

I think the big problem there, is that they haven't put enough effort into finding a QB. David Garrard isn't that guy. He was fine when Taylor/MJD were rushing for 200 yards a game. But he's obviously not the guy who's going to lead their offense. Neither is Tim Tebow, before anyone says it.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelcurtain311
I don't get what the big deal about Del Rio is. His team is on their way to the playoffs, and they're not even that talented. They stay pretty consistent with their W/L each year. He's a fine coach.

I think the big problem there, is that they haven't put enough effort into finding a QB. David Garrard isn't that guy. He was fine when Taylor/MJD were rushing for 200 yards a game. But he's obviously not the guy who's going to lead their offense. Neither is Tim Tebow, before anyone says it.
I think Del Rio is an alright coach, I don't consider him particularly special or anything.

The playoffs are not a lock for JAX. They could lose their next 4, anything could happen... unless you win 12 games in this league you're not a lock. We'll see what happens.

As for Tebow, he's not an NFL QB. Never will be.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:15 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 62

It is more than time for Wade Phillips to be fired.
Old 12-13-2009, 11:47 AM   #20
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
I think Del Rio is an alright coach, I don't consider him particularly special or anything.

The playoffs are not a lock for JAX. They could lose their next 4, anything could happen... unless you win 12 games in this league you're not a lock. We'll see what happens.
Agreed that JAX isn't a lock. In fact, I'd pretty much assume that they weren't in the playoffs. Some of those losses on the west coast were killer. But this team went from Super Bowl expectations last year and limped to a 5-win season... the team fired the GM and practically blew up the entire team outside of Garrard, Mathis, and MJD.

This is a very young team, and I certainly didn't expect how this season has gone. I think JDR's safe for this year, but if there's no improvement next year, then I think you're right, and JDR will be gone.

There's one thing that makes me believe there will be a lot of progress for next year... JDR is a defensive coach, and that's where the Jaguars' problems are. Give JDR another offseason to work with his young defensive talent? Next year, I think the Jaguars will have a much improved defense.

Anyway, I don't think the Jaguars' problems are due to JDR. The city of Jacksonville doesn't seem to care about the Jags, and it definitely shows on game day. It will be very telling to see the stands today, as the Jags are playing in a game that will help determine their playoff fate. If there's nobody there, like has happened recently... I think the Jaguars time in Jacksonville is numbered. I sure hope not, unless they're persuaded to move nearer to me.

I don't think he's the best coach ever, but as of now, I think he's proven himself to be a capable NFL coach. He inherited the team after Tom Coughlin and the GM at that time put the team squarely into cap hell. He's got a winning record since then, and the team has only won less than 7 wins in two of seven seasons.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Old 12-13-2009, 12:05 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GIGGAS
Anyway, I don't think the Jaguars' problems are due to JDR.
I agree, and I think maybe I've given off the idea that I thought he was the issue... that's an error on my part for not being clear.

The unfortunate thing we all know about, is that a lot of times it isn't the coach, but then public pressure starts to become an issue and the organization starts moving to quiet it down... and that of course can sometimes mean they look for a scapegoat and it's usually either the QB or the Coach that gets hit.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 07:04 PM   #22
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

wade phillips is probably the biggest name. Cowboy fans should be happy though if there lucky they can get shannahan or Cohwer

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »