Home

Do you cheer for other teams in the division when they get to the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Do you cheer for other teams in the division when they get to the playoffs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 01:12 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

p_rushing's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: Do you cheer for other teams in the division when they get to the playoffs?

no way, they are your rivals
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 01:13 PM   #26
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I think it also depends on how my team is doing. If the Ravens suck then I become an NFL fan pretty early in the season so it's easy to get more behind some of the other teams going forward. If they're good and just barely miss the playoffs or get knocked out, it's easier to want every other team in the division to be sitting at home with them.

For the most part, I hate fans, not teams. Even with the Steelers, wanting them to lose (when it's not effecting the Ravens... i.e. the post season) has more to do with not wanting to hear from their annoying fans than anything else.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:17 PM   #27
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
If [my team] suck[s] then I become an NFL fan pretty early in the season so it's easy to get more behind some of the other teams going forward. If they're good and just barely miss the playoffs or get knocked out, it's easier to want every other team in the division to be sitting at home with them.
I agree with this. My Panthers showed they weren't making the playoffs by week 3 so I've looked at other teams to root for.
Old 12-14-2009, 01:20 PM   #28
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Nope, although the Miami Dolphins were a bit of a strange case. As much as I hate them (they're the Bills biggest rival) I didn't want to see them go 0-16 that one year so while I didn't exactly cheer for them to win I wanted to see them turn things around. I also didn't out and out cheer for them last year but I had a great admiration for what they had accomplished with Chad Pennington and the whole story of how he was thrown away like garbage so the Jets can grab Brett Favre.

I still hate the Phish though so I was glad the Bills beat their butts their last meeting

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 12-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Not within the division. Besides, it's not like the Chiefs or Raiders are making the playoffs anytime soon.

But say if San Diego gets eliminated during the playoffs and a team like Baltimore or Minnesota is still in it, I'll root for them because I like Ray Lewis and Adrian Peterson. Plus the Favre story would be pretty cool, love him or hate him.

Old 12-14-2009, 01:27 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

I mean.. yes and no. It's different from my standpoint. The Colts dominate the division every year, aside from last year. There isn't exactly a 'rivalry' between the Colts and our division opponents. There is, sort of, but in reality there really isn't. The AFC South also has 2 teams that are expansion teams. They don't have a history. So it's hard to really hate them because they're not historically good and you usually beat them anyways. And then you have the Titans. I hate the Titans, would never root for them. But if the Texans ever make the Playoffs, I'd probably find myself rooting for them. And when the Jags made it last in 2007, I was rooting for them to beat the Steelers and obviously the Patriots. But that might have a lot to do with my hate for the Steelers and the Patriots.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-14-2009, 01:56 PM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I mean.. yes and no. It's different from my standpoint. The Colts dominate the division every year, aside from last year. There isn't exactly a 'rivalry' between the Colts and our division opponents. There is, sort of, but in reality there really isn't. The AFC South also has 2 teams that are expansion teams. They don't have a history. So it's hard to really hate them because they're not historically good and you usually beat them anyways. And then you have the Titans. I hate the Titans, would never root for them. But if the Texans ever make the Playoffs, I'd probably find myself rooting for them. And when the Jags made it last in 2007, I was rooting for them to beat the Steelers and obviously the Patriots. But that might have a lot to do with my hate for the Steelers and the Patriots.
Horse shoe aside, your team doesn't really have a history either (and I guess the same could be said for the Titans). May be why it's hard to really have a rivalry.

Off topic, but I would've loved if the Titans and Jags could've found a way to stay with the Steelers and Ravens in a division... and would've loved if the Colts were in the same division for obvious reasons (Colts would probably love that too the way they've beaten up on the Ravens).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 01:57 PM   #32
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Horse shoe aside, your team doesn't really have a history either (and I guess the same could be said for the Titans). May be why it's hard to really have a rivalry.

Off topic, but I would've loved if the Titans and Jags could've found a way to stay with the Steelers and Ravens in a division... and would've loved if the Colts were in the same division for obvious reasons (Colts would probably love that too the way they've beaten up on the Ravens).
Yeah, the Jags/Ravens/Steelers always beat the **** out of each other in the old AFC Central. Good times, Wharton. Good times.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »