Home

Do you cheer for other teams in the division when they get to the playoffs?

This is a discussion on Do you cheer for other teams in the division when they get to the playoffs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-14-2009, 02:06 PM   #33
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Do you cheer for other teams in the division when they get to the playoffs?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Horse shoe aside, your team doesn't really have a history either (and I guess the same could be said for the Titans). May be why it's hard to really have a rivalry.

Off topic, but I would've loved if the Titans and Jags could've found a way to stay with the Steelers and Ravens in a division... and would've loved if the Colts were in the same division for obvious reasons (Colts would probably love that too the way they've beaten up on the Ravens).
I would of loved playing you twice a year.

In my opinion Baltimore is our biggest rival. Sure we have Indy, but there is a lot of bad blood between our teams.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 12-14-2009, 02:38 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

No, I don't care about any team other than the Chargers. Some teams I hate more than others, but hate them all I do and the ones in our division the most! F the faders, chefs, and donkeys.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Horse shoe aside, your team doesn't really have a history either (and I guess the same could be said for the Titans). May be why it's hard to really have a rivalry.
The Pats don't have much of a history either, yet we have a huge rivalry with them. I mentioned the history thing kind of as a side argument. I don't think you really understood it. It's like, we usually beat the Jags and Texans. There really isn't a 'rivalry' between the Colts and those teams. And also, those teams are expansion teams. They have like a 10 year history. So the combination of us beating them all the time and the fact that they're expansion teams who don't make the Playoffs very often kind of makes me root for them more than root against them. Now if they start beating us every year, winning division titles, I'll certainly start hating them a lot more. But for now, I don't have much of a reason to hate the Texans and Jags.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 12-14-2009 at 02:58 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2009, 02:49 PM   #36
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

same with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avrbas
Hell no. I want to see the other teams fail in the biggest way.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-14-2009, 02:52 PM   #37
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

No. Not ever.

Outside of when the Packers win, nothing pleases me more, as a sports fan, than to watch the Vikings and the Bears lose in the Playoffs.

As far as the Lions go, I don't really hate them with even 1/4 the passion I hate the other two, so if they get there and start winning I don't really care.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 12-14-2009, 02:56 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
As far as the Lions go, I don't really hate them with even 1/4 the passion I hate the other two, so if they get there and start winning I don't really care.
This is pretty much how I feel with the Texans and Jags. Moreso with the Texans. I'm not saying I would sit there and become a fan of them. If either of them were to lose, I wouldn't care. But I'd probably rather them win the game than lose to a team that I hate(Chargers/Steelers/Patriots).
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #39
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
I would of loved playing you twice a year.

In my opinion Baltimore is our biggest rival. Sure we have Indy, but there is a lot of bad blood between our teams.
I agree. If we didn't take over the Browns, I think the TEN/BAL rivalry would've kept up it's steam longer. The Ravens (not former Browns) have enough reason for the current rivalry but the Titans were right up there when we were all in the same division.

Not ignoring you, Giggas. I actually had a love/hate relationship with the Jags. For some reason I really liked them and loved playing them, but they would tear us a new one for years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
The Pats don't have much of a history either, yet we have a huge rivalry with them. I mentioned the history thing kind of as a side argument. I don't think you really understood it. It's like, we usually beat the Jags and Texans. There really isn't a 'rivalry' between the Colts and those teams. And also, those teams are expansion teams. They have like a 10 year history. So the combination of us beating them all the time and the fact that they're expansion teams who don't make the Playoffs very often kind of makes me root for them more than root against them. Now if they start beating us every year, winning division titles, I'll certainly start hating them a lot more. But for now, I don't have much of a reason to hate the Texans and Jags.
Actually I think you misunderstood me, lol. The Pats do have a history as they've been around for a very long time. They weren't very good but they were around. The Colts "history" is really that of Baltimore, just like the Titans "history" is really of Houston. Even though those two aren't expansion teams, all the teams in that division don't really have a very long history to call their own. That's why it's probably hard to create a rivalry (when combined with the obvious... the Colts have controlled the division). The Colts "rivalry" with the Pats is very real, but isn't the same as the Pats rivalries with the other teams in their division that they've been playing twice a year forever. The Colts and Titans don't really have a team like that in their division, and as you mentioned, the other two were expansion teams (though I think the Jags have been around long enough that if they stayed in a division with BAL and PIT they wouldn't have the same issue).
Old 12-14-2009, 03:10 PM   #40
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Nope. If the 'Phins, Jets and Bills all went winless, I would be a happy camper.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »