Home

In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrell Owens

This is a discussion on In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrell Owens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2009, 02:42 PM   #25
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrel Owens

in their prime moss cause he had something to prove. TO is a great reciever, but his ego gets him in trouble, mainly because he wants to win and only wants winners around him.

someone said Irvin that's a hard one because while he was a good reciever, he wasn't one who could break away from a crowd. i could be wrong bout that but i really don't remember him with breakaway speed.

then this brings us to rice,talent wise all those guys had more then him, but they didn't have the mental toughness to do what he did. he wasn't that fast but he could break away from a crowd. he wasn't that tall, but he would catch anything near him. jerry rice is what all recievers should try to be you really never saw jerry jump or dive for plays. the reason is he ran through the pass . i see so many passes in the NFL and guys are diving or jumping and missing if the time they took to jump for the ball and just run through the ball there would be more completions. and less drops
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM   #26
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jistic
Agreed. It's the Hall of FAME not Hall of great stats. Irvin is another one. But Swann and Irvin are also thought of as complete or all around great receivers.
I don't know with Swann... and sometimes his speed overshadowed his recurring issues against press coverage. I know it's not all about numbers and I'm the first to usually say that... but his numbers were consistently soooo low, even for his time. He never dominated, and if you take away some pretty catches in Super Bowls combined with him being so well-liked and becoming a media darling, I doubt he would've ever sniffed the hall. Now, perhaps a lot of it had to do with the fact that Stallworth was lining up on the same field, but I've always looked at him as one of the more over-hyped players in NFL history right alongside Joe Namath.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 12-16-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:53 PM   #27
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57

then this brings us to rice,talent wise all those guys had more then him,
The talent that he possessed that the other guys don't have is superior route-running. Because he didn't have world class speed, he had to figure out how to beat defenders to the spot, and he figured out that if his routes are precise he can circumvent any defender's speed advantage.

T.O. is not a bad route-runner, in fact he's pretty good. But he learned a lot of that from Rice, and even as good as he is at it, he's still not on Rice's level. As for Moss, he's not even in the discussion route-running wise. He was terrible at it for most of his career, and since improvement I'd say he's decent at best now.

Rice also had better hands than both guys. So I think he had more talent, he just didn't have the physical gifts T.O. and Moss have. Thing is, he never allowed that to be a weakness. He played in a way that made it not even matter. There were just no chinks in Rice's armor, and the only person that could stop Rice was Father Time... and Rice even managed to beat him for a few years!

Last edited by TheWatcher; 12-16-2009 at 02:59 PM.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:04 PM   #28
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
The talent that he possessed that the other guys don't have is superior route-running. Because he didn't have world class speed, he had to figure out how to beat defenders to the spot, and he figured out that if his routes are precise he can circumvent any defender's speed advantage.

T.O. is not a bad route-runner, in fact he's pretty good. But he learned a lot of that from Rice, and even as good as he is at it, he's still not on Rice's level. As for Moss, he's not even in the discussion route-running wise. He was terrible at it for most of his career, and since improvement I'd say he's decent at best now.

Rice also had better hands than both guys. So I think he had more talent, he just didn't have the physical gifts T.O. and Moss have. Thing is, he never allowed that to be a weakness. He played in a way that made it not even matter. There were just no chinks in Rice's armor, and the only person that could stop Rice was Father Time... and Rice even managed to beat him for a few years!
do you work for the media? lol you didn't put the rest of my quote in where i said he was more mentally tough than those guys. if you look at rice's career at the same point these two are he is better than them now. he worked hard and long to get to where he is now. these guys kinda expect things to come to them.

as far as work ethic TO got moss beat hands down.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:38 PM   #29
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
do you work for the media? lol you didn't put the rest of my quote in where i said he was more mentally tough than those guys. if you look at rice's career at the same point these two are he is better than them now. he worked hard and long to get to where he is now. these guys kinda expect things to come to them.

as far as work ethic TO got moss beat hands down.
I don't think you can say anyone worked harder than TO (and you said as much). Rice is the best WR ever but TO is a workout warrior.
Old 12-16-2009, 03:58 PM   #30
Banned

OVR: 47

I would take Moss. He is was beast going deep and jumping up and coming down with the ball!
Old 12-16-2009, 04:02 PM   #31
Banned

Every game that I watch that Rice played in no one and I mean no one ever caught him from behind. I might have missed some games if they did catch him, but as 49ers not one time. The guy was as fast as they come in my opinion.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2009, 04:04 PM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I don't think you can say anyone worked harder than TO (and you said as much). Rice is the best WR ever but TO is a workout warrior.
If you are talking about weights than yes, but Rice work out shedule was so intense that other players could not hang. He did so much running. I rmemeber when Bonds was little Bonds and he could not hang with Rice's work out schedule; he quit working out with Rice that day.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »