Home

In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrell Owens

This is a discussion on In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrell Owens within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2009, 03:14 PM   #57
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrel Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Are you trying to make my argument for me?

Ownes joined the league at 23 to be the third WR on a team quarterbacked by a 2 time MVP, 3 time All Pro, and in the middle of 8 Pro Bowls with the GOAT lining up on the other side only to be a fairly unproductive second/third option.

By 23, Moss had been a two time All Pro and three time Pro Bowler with an out-of-the-league quarterback and a first year gump.

Moss would have made sure that Young's All Pro count didn't stop at three.

Moss' one good year of Brady may have been better than any of Owens' quarterbacks in a given year, but Owens had 3 years of Young, 3 of Garcia, 2 of McNabb, and 3 of Romo that were better than any second year of quarterbacking Moss received with the possible exception of Brady this year.
Owens had two 1st rounders starting ahead of him. Let's not forget who Moss had on the other side of him and attributed much of his early success to.

Owens was the 3rd WR and played in a WC offense while Moss was a starter in a vertical offense. You tell me who is going to put up numbers in those situations.

In the end all of the debating and arguments being made by both sides are moot. It's opinion by both sides and neither is going to convince the other their side is right.

There's no denying the incredible talent Moss is and he's been a HOF WR. I just think Owens is the more complete WR. The only thing I thought was out of place was your mini-rant about not bringing up Moss' inability to block.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:16 PM   #58
#HTownTakeover #YWCF

coogrfan's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrell Owens

Neither. Diva wr's don't win championships.
Old 12-27-2009, 03:23 PM   #59
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: In Their Prime who is better : Randy Moss vs Terrel Owens

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
Statistically speaking, it's fact. Again, check Brady '07 and Culpepper '04.
That's a pointless argument. I know Moss makes quarterbacks good; it's the crux of my argument.

Check the players without Moss and without Owens.

Moss:

Cunningham: Previous three years were as a backup and unemployed
Culpepper: Immediately following Moss has the worst year of his career. Never starts so much as half a season again.
Collins: Probably has his second or third best season statistically in the one year he played with Moss. Led the league in INTs the year prior to Moss and relegated to backup duty after Moss.
Aaron Brooks: Never played again after Moss
Andrew Walter: Started one game outside of Moss' year
Tom Brady: Clearly a good quarterback without Moss, but as I said earlier, add Moss and he has career high yards by 700, TDs by 22, and passer rating by 25. His two best seasons are 2007 and 2009. His two seasons with Randy Moss are 2007 and 2009.
Matt Cassel: Hadn't started a game in a decade or something like that. He sucks on the Chiefs.

Owens:

Steve Young: Four straight Pro Bowls right before Owens including three straight All Pros and two MVPs.
Jeff Garcia: Certainly not amazing without Moss but played well for Philly and Tampa and decent enough for Cleveland.
Donovan McNabb: Four straight Pro Bowls before Owens. Aside from injuries following Owens' departure, was very good the last three years.
Tony Romo: Having his second best season his first year without Owens and a big improvement over last year.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:06 PM   #60
MVP

OVR: 18

the answer is randy moss.

neither of them is a pure football player, they just happen to be tremendous athletes who fit best at wide receiver.

really, the only wide receiver category that you could give owens the edge to would be blocking. that and he's more willing to go over the middle. when it comes to hands, it's moss. speed, moss. routes, even. ability to cause a defensive coordinator to stay up all night, moss.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:19 PM   #61
Banned

OVR: 47

Randy was the 3rd WR too on his team. Jake Reed, Chris Carter were before him. Though I think his rookie year they all had over 1,000. If I am remembering correctly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2009, 04:32 PM   #62
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Randy was the 3rd WR too on his team. Jake Reed, Chris Carter were before him. Though I think his rookie year they all had over 1,000. If I am remembering correctly.
Jake Reed had less than 500 yards.

Moss led the Vikings by 300 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie, finishing 3rd and 5th in the NFL in those categories.
Old 12-27-2009, 04:46 PM   #63
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by The15thunter
the answer is randy moss.

neither of them is a pure football player, they just happen to be tremendous athletes who fit best at wide receiver.

really, the only wide receiver category that you could give owens the edge to would be blocking. that and he's more willing to go over the middle. when it comes to hands, it's moss. speed, moss. routes, even. ability to cause a defensive coordinator to stay up all night, moss.
There is no way anyone could ever argue that Moss was a better route runner than T.O. or more willing to go over the middle. Moss has been know to have a bad case of alligator arms in the past.

T.O. had the edge in blocking, route running, strength (getting off the LOS).

Moss had the edge in hands and speed.
Old 12-27-2009, 05:13 PM   #64
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Jake Reed had less than 500 yards.

Moss led the Vikings by 300 yards and 5 TDs as a rookie, finishing 3rd and 5th in the NFL in those categories.
Then who was the 3 Wr then? I know the Vikings had 3 guys with 1,000. I thought it was Moss, Reed and Carter. Damn I am losing. I swear their was 3 Wr on the Vikings that had 1,000 yards guess I was wrong. Maybe they were on their way, but then Reed got hurt.

Last edited by Scottdau; 12-27-2009 at 05:19 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »