Home

Charlie Frye, not Jamarcus Russell, gets the start for Gradkowski this week.

This is a discussion on Charlie Frye, not Jamarcus Russell, gets the start for Gradkowski this week. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-17-2009, 01:45 AM   #1
All Star

splff3000's Arena

OVR: 32
Charlie Frye, not Jamarcus Russell, gets the start for Gradkowski this week.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

I must say, I'm really liking the Cable guy for this move. I would love to see him come back next year and have a full year with Gradkoswki at the helm. Most coaches would feel pressured to play JR in this situation, but not the Cable guy. On the flip side, this tells you how much faith and trust they have in Jamarcus. They won't even start him for a meaningless game. After he came into the game last week, it was definitely obvious that the players on the team don't want to play with/for him anymore. I fully expect him to be out of Oakland within the next few years. I think I saw on BSPN that the Raiders would only take a 3 million dollar cap hit if they release him in the offseason. Looks like it may be time to say bye bye to Jamarcus. I really wanted to like him because he's from my hometown, but his performances were inexcusable. If Frye lights it up(which I doubt he will) Jamarcus will most surely be out. I think it may be time to float the possibility of "#1 bust" into the air.

Last edited by splff3000; 12-17-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 01:49 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Charlie Frye, not Jamarcus Russell, gets the start for Gradkowski this week.

This has already been posted in like 2 threads. And I don't think it deserves it's own thread, to be quite honest(not to sound harsh or anything, just sayin).

As for the actual post, it does show how much faith they have in Russell. They won't even start their "franchise QB" who's been there 3 years, even after Gradkowski goes down. Wouldn't be surprised if he's gone in a year or two, maybe even out of the league. Although I think someone will take him in and give him another chance.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-17-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
All Star

splff3000's Arena

Re: Charlie Frye, not Jamarcus Russell, gets the start for Gradkowski this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
This has already been posted in like 2 threads. And I don't think it deserves it's own thread, to be quite honest(not to sound harsh or anything, just sayin).
I don't see why you feel like it doesn't deserve it's on thread. When the no.1 overall player drafted can't even get the start in a meaningless game that's news. It somehow showed up on the front page of NFL.com, cbssportsline.com, and ESPN.com, but it can't get a thread on OS? I'm sorry, I don't go perusing random threads looking to see if someone mentioned something that I want to start a thread on. I went through 3 pages and didn't see a thread dedicated to this so I started one. Now, if the mods feel the same as you, so be it. Until then, I'm gonna keep movin with this topic.

Back on topic, I reread the article and I noticed that Cable mentioned work and preparation over and over. It seems the kid just won't learn. You gotta work to get anything out of the NFL. You can't just show up and expect to perform on the level that you need to.

Another thing is Al must be giving up on him as well. You know Al would not let this decision fly if he still had faith in JR. Oh well, knowing, our luck, he'll get released, someone will pick him up, and he'll become one of the greatest QB's of all time lol.

Last edited by splff3000; 12-17-2009 at 02:04 AM.
Old 12-17-2009, 02:10 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
I don't see why you feel like it doesn't deserve it's on thread. When the no.1 overall player drafted can't even get the start in a meaningless game that's news. It somehow showed up on the front page of NFL.com, cbssportsline.com, and ESPN.com, but it can't get a thread on OS? I'm sorry, I don't go perusing random threads looking to see if someone mentioned something that I want to start a thread on. I went through 3 pages and didn't see a thread dedicated to this so I started one. Now, if the mods feel the same as you, so be it. Until then, I'm gonna keep movin with this topic.
I tried saying that in the most polite way I could, and you still took offense to it.

Obviously you think it's thread worthy, you're the one that posted it.

It's already been posted in a couple other threads. He's been on the bench the last 3 games. Everyone is well aware that Russell sucks. He's been in the league 3 years and hasn't done anything. He's regressed. At this point, who cares, really..
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-17-2009, 02:11 AM   #5
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by splff3000
When the no.1 overall player drafted can't even get the start in a meaningless game that's news.
So we should have had a thread for each of Gradakowski's starts?

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-17-2009, 04:57 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
So we should have had a thread for each of Gradakowski's starts?
Yeah almost the same thing.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:01 AM   #7
Banned

I would start Russell. A higher draft pick could be a good thing.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:54 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 27

I liked Charlie Frye coming out. Then he went to Cleveland and got crushed. Probably wrecked his confidence forever.

I can't see him doing much now since the Raiders are terrible. I just think the Raiders made a mistake letting go of Jeff Garcia. That was dumb.

Last edited by TheWatcher; 12-17-2009 at 11:25 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »