Home

Superbowl Contenders?

This is a discussion on Superbowl Contenders? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 12:03 PM   #25
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Superbowl Contenders?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
No the chargers are not going to the SB. They are a bad team, they havenmt beat anyone, and are in general a classless organization. I hope they get defeated in their first playoff game.
Can somebody say angry much. I guess when you've beat the Cowboys, Bengals, Eagles, Giants, Broncos, Oakland twice (who beat the Bengals, Steelers, Eagles, and Broncos), Miami that's not beating anyone. Common denominator between those teams (except Oakland) is Playoff Contenders. Are you still angry that BK keeps calling the Titans the cheapshot artists? Really dude, its just a sports forum.

As for SB contenders, I have to be a homer and go with the Chargers out of the AFC. NFC not sure. I'd like the Saints to go but they haven't been playing their best football right now. Same with the Vikings. So i'm gonna say.........the Packers.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-28-2009 at 12:10 PM. Reason: Forgot Packers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
I don't think anyone can argue right now that the Eagles, Chargers, and Packers are probably the 3 most dangerous teams RIGHT NOW.
They're all playing well but for the Eagles, can they continue to make big plays in the playoffs? If they're forced to put together a drive of 10 plays, can they do it?

On the Packers, they seem to be doing well on defense despite the loss of Harris and Kempman. Maybe they can get hot on offense like the Cards last year.

I agree you can't underestimate the Pats. Their defense seems to be playing better lately and their offense is capable of putting up 40 in a game.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:08 PM   #27
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NovaStar
Would'nt sleep on the Pats. If you think that both the Chargers and Colts would want to face a team that is more than capable of beating both of them you are sadly mistaken.

The last the time the Chargers were this good, the Pats knocked them out. As a matter of fact, the Pats have knocked the Chargers out the last two times they have met in the Playoffs.

The Colts were more than fortunate to beat the Pats this year on the "4th and 2" call. I think any one of four AFC teams can win it all, the chargers, colts, pats and denver.

In the NFC, you have four teams as well, The Saints, Cards, Cowboys, and Vikes. Should be an interesting playoffs.
As much as I hate to admit it you are right. Everyone keeps saying the Chargers have the Colts number (which they have the last few years). But the truth is the Pats have the Chargers number. The Chargers have never beat the Pats in a meaningful game. They do scare me come playoff time. Same with the Steelers (if they even make it). Certain teams just step it up come playoff time.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:21 PM   #28
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEFTFUNDAMENTALZ
Wouldn't it be something if the Packers and Vikes met in the playoffs? That would be nuts.
Yeah, especially if they met in the championship game. Both of them along with the Eagles are hot right now. Like someone else said, the Saints are sputtering down the stretch and need to get their act together if they want to make it to the SB. People are probably counting out or disregarding the Cardinals and their 10-5 record since they play in what has been the weakest division in the NFL for several years now. The Cowboys appear to have gotten over their annual December funk this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Right now I'm leaning heavily towards the Chargers being the biggest threat. The team is firing on all cylinders & seem to have the least amount of kinks in their armor.
Agreed. The top 2 seeds in the AFC appear to have a bit more distance on the Bengals, Patriots, and whichever 2 other teams wind up making it. Whereas nothing would really surprise me in the NFC where all 6 teams appear to be pretty close, I would be surprised if the AFC Championship game wasn't Colts vs. Chargers.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:23 PM   #29
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Once you get in to the playoffs it's anyone's ballgame.

As a Charger fan, despite past years, I fear the Colts more than the Pats this year. I think the Chargers matchup much better with the Pats this year than they do with the Colts.

If I were forced to choose teams I would go with Colts vs. Eagles for the SB. I think New Orleans may simply have peaked too soon, and have lost too much momentum.

The Vikes I really like, but am not sure that team is all on the same page.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:28 PM   #30
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
On the Packers, they seem to be doing well on defense despite the loss of Harris and Kempman. Maybe they can get hot on offense like the Cards last year.
Hopefully we can but we'll find out in these next 2 weeks since we might have to see those same Cardinals in back to back weeks. One good thing about us is that we don't have to worry about playing outdoors the rest of the year, unless we end up in Philly in the WC, which I don't know if that's possible.
Old 12-28-2009, 12:29 PM   #31
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade44
No the chargers are not going to the SB. They are a bad team, they havenmt beat anyone, and are in general a classless organization. I hope they get defeated in their first playoff game.
Someone's still bitter Karma caught up to his team .
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 12:30 PM   #32
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Hopefully we can but we'll find out in these next 2 weeks since we might have to see those same Cardinals in back to back weeks. One good thing about us is that we don't have to worry about playing outdoors the rest of the year, unless we end up in Philly in the WC, which I don't know if that's possible.
The Packers are an interesting team that seem to be flying under the radar.

I like them and think they are going in the right direction, I just don't think they are a team capable of stringing together a series of road wins in the post season in order to get to the SB. At least not yet.

I think they own the NFC North in the very near future though.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »