Home

PFT: Childress tried to bench Favre in 3rd Qtr tonight

This is a discussion on PFT: Childress tried to bench Favre in 3rd Qtr tonight within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2009, 09:04 PM   #73
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PFT: Childress tried to bench Favre in 3rd Qtr tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottdau
Yeah if you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. Manning will play even if the Coach doesn't want him too.
I have yet to see Peyton refuse to come out of the game when his coach wants to bench him. I have no reason not to believe Manning when he says that.

Quote:
Even if Brett was on the Packers doing this I would feel the same way.
Yeahh.. no.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-22-2009, 09:20 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I have yet to see Peyton refuse to come out of the game when his coach wants to bench him. I have no reason not to believe Manning when he says that.

Yeahh.. no.

I am for real when I say if Brett was a Packers and he pulled that I would still say this is no big deal. Brett didn't want to come out. If I was a player and I was getting beat up out there and my leader of my team is not wanting to come out I respect that more. He wants to be out there. How can you hate on that. You guys say I have rose color glasses on so be it. Brad is Brett had a mutual agree at the end and Brett won what is so wrong with that. It is not like Brad was dead set on it. He basically gave Brett the choice. At least that is what I read if it is different then I stand corrected.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:16 PM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

It's really funny that you say I think all NFL locker rooms are perfect, but you post stuff like "Brad is Brett had a mutual agree at the end and Brett won what is so wrong with that. It is not like Brad was dead set on it. He basically gave Brett the choice."

Seriously I don't even know what to do but laugh. If you believe that I'll buy that bridge you have to sell and sell it back to you for more. Come on man.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2009, 10:44 PM   #76
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

It's almost getting comical. He's basically saying he has no problem with players defying their Coaches.

Quote:
I am for real when I say if Brett was a Packers and he pulled that I would still say this is no big deal.
You're right because Holmgren and to an extent McCarthy never, NEVER allowed and wouldn't even dare tolerate this. I seriously doubt you'd be saying this if Favre wasn't a Viking.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:46 PM   #77
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's really funny that you say I think all NFL locker rooms are perfect, but you post stuff like "Brad is Brett had a mutual agree at the end and Brett won what is so wrong with that. It is not like Brad was dead set on it. He basically gave Brett the choice."

Seriously I don't even know what to do but laugh. If you believe that I'll buy that bridge you have to sell and sell it back to you for more. Come on man.
The story I read say it was a mutual choice, what is so wrong about that. Plus Brett earned the right to stay in the game if he wants. He is living legend. You know what it is, I believe that some players have a right or earned that right to do some things other players can't. Brett has earned that right in my mind. I thought the same thing when Scotty N of the Ducks dick his team around about not telling his team is he was going to retired until the beginning of the season. So I just see it different. I would still back up any QB that pulled that stuff. Now they have to great and I put Brett in the great category. As a player I would look at Brett different by staying in the game and getting his *** kicked. Players go against their coaches a lot. I think it is becasue some of these players make way more money than the coach. Most companies don't run like that. I think it is the fact that Brett thought he could help the team win. I still say their Defense need to get better at giving up the big play.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:50 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 17

All I know is......I would give my left nut to have video of that private butt-chewing that Chilly allegedly gave Favre after the Carolina game. Also, when you let your QB get into the habit of calling you "Chilly" then you've transferred all the Hand in the relationship to him.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:55 PM   #79
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
It's almost getting comical. He's basically saying he has no problem with players defying their Coaches.

You're right because Holmgren and to an extent McCarthy never, NEVER allowed and wouldn't even dare tolerate this. I seriously doubt you'd be saying this if Favre wasn't a Viking.
I am being for real. I WOULD NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH BRETT DOING THIS ON ANY TEAM. I truly believe some players have earn a right to dick their team around. It is just way I think. It might be wrong in your eyes and that is great, but you are not player, so you don't understand. Think about it if you are a player getting your *** kick and they want to bench your QB, because they don't want him to get his *** kicked anymore. And he says NO WAY, I am playing. Me, as a player would respect that. If you don't that is cool, but I would. I am not a player, but you know what I mean. Though I did play a game with a separated shoulder, but I was only a SS. Are star RB punk out and was tired of getting hit so hard, so he took him self out of a game and he was a so call leader. So I see it different than you gave. I love how when we debate you guys always though out the same card. "Rose glasses, crazy or comedy. But it is cool. We will just agree to disagree. Whar I still love you! Pross Merry Christmas.
Old 12-22-2009, 10:57 PM   #80
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
All I know is......I would give my left nut to have video of that private butt-chewing that Chilly allegedly gave Favre after the Carolina game. Also, when you let your QB get into the habit of calling you "Chilly" then you've transferred all the Hand in the relationship to him.

You really think he yelled at Brett! I don't see that happening. Beside this is why Brad is not a good head coach. He is not handling this right. yelling at your team is not going to make them play better. Some coaches can do that. Like Bill P and Bill B. But I don't Brad in that category. Also giving up your right nut is pretty painful. You really would do that?

I agree with the bolded part.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »