Home

Week 16: Cowboys @ Redskins

This is a discussion on Week 16: Cowboys @ Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #129
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Week 16: Cowboys @ Redskins

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Wait, seriously, you're throwing Patrick Ramsey in there? Well, if you look at that nice roster most, if not all of those guys aren't even on the roster or won't be next year. Bailey is a Bronco, Arrington (IMO did bust) wasted away in NY, Rod Gardner who?, Sean Taylor met an unfortunate & tragic early demise, the organization was trying to replace Campbell this past offseason, etc. While they may not be busts in the traditional sense, the organization did fail itself in not keeping the right players. And trading away so many picks for players/picks who didn't pan out didn't help either.

Orakpo is going to be very solid after watching him at Texas and now twice against the Cowboys. Landry I'm not to sure of... he's very one dimensional (see: Roy Williams, Safety) & blows alot of coverages but he can be great if put in a more constricted role.

I had to throw Ramsey out there, because he was a 1st round pick, as was Gardner. I never said all of them were great. (have to present the whole argumetn not just the positive) Point being, the skins have made solid picks in the first round. You are right they may not have kept them and they may not have all played very long, but the majority of those players were not "Busts". Arrington did eventually peak and fall back no argument here but from 2001-2003 he was one of the best at his position, he was injured in 2004 and never was the same. "Wasted away" 1 year in NY and retired.

I'm not defensing the organization, they squandered draft picks left and right, failed to resign players that developed into talents on other teams, their picks in the rounds subsequent to the first haven't really been contributors, failed on many free agents, but their track record with 1st round picks is far from sub par, and filled with "busts".

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 12-28-2009 at 09:01 AM.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:32 AM   #130
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28

Well, as a Cowboys fan, all I can say is it's very hard to see a prominent franchise & rival like the Redskins in the woes they're in now. I love the history & rivalry between the two and would want nothing more to see it revived.

With that said, as a Cowboys fan, I can't wish you guys too much luck & good fortune... we gotta look out for ourselves, too.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:24 AM   #131
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
Hopefully the NFL learned a lesson on putting the Redskins on back to back prime time games.
Of course not. They're one of the most successful franchises in the last 25 years(ignoring recent history)so they can't possibly pass up showing the Skins on National TV.

/sarcasm
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #132
All Star

OVR: 20

Only bright side to Cowboys winning and knocking the Giants out of the playoffs is that it looks like Wade Phillips is sticking around.
Old 12-28-2009, 10:51 PM   #133
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWRMETS
Only bright side to Cowboys winning and knocking the Giants out of the playoffs is that it looks like Wade Phillips is sticking around.
and what wrong with him sticking around. 2 out of his 3 years the Cowboys won 10 games or more.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:35 AM   #134
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Thanks Bears!!Lets go #2 Seed!!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »