Home

Wow... nice job, Philly fans.

This is a discussion on Wow... nice job, Philly fans. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 03:46 AM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Wow... nice job, Philly fans.

The NFL needs to do a better job of handling these things if they want to get ticket sales up. With games being blacked out you can't have people scared to take their families to a game.
Old 12-24-2009, 03:59 AM   #58
Hall Of Fame

canes21's Arena

OVR: 41

Never happens at FedEx field when the Cowboys come to town.

― Plato
Old 12-24-2009, 04:44 AM   #59
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31

This is just wrong I had season tickets to the Cowboys for 12 years with my dad. Ive seen plenty of fights but security as always there pretty quickly. They also had actual cops there so that may have made a difference.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 12-24-2009, 05:12 AM   #60
Banned

OVR: 32

The problem is alcohol.

Snow ball throwing happen in Giants staduim a few years ago. An older guy was knocked unconscious.

Philly fans are very aggressive. During Super Bowl week Pats complain how some Eagles went over the line. Tough city with tough fans. I would never wear a cowboys gear into the Linc. Just not worth the risk
Old 12-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #61
Champs!

Kearnzo's Arena

OVR: 18

SMH at the same core Philly fans in here that defend anything and everything Philly related. Tired act, fellas.

I will agree however that yes, it was a disgusting act, but this happens in pretty much any stadium, some with snowballs, and some with worse. Doesn't make it any better, but like someone said, where the heck was the security?
Old 12-24-2009, 07:55 AM   #62
MVP

FlyingFinn's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by P2K
What makes it worse is that because of some drunk/idiot football fans, the label somehow carried over to fans of all Philly teams, which makes no sense. You never hear about fans at Phillies, Sixers and Flyers games. Only the one thing with J.D. Drew.

Meanwhile, Pistons fans (Sorry Detroit folks) turned The Palace into a Mad Max film within minutes, creating one of the most horrible sports stories ever, yet not a peep about them.

Gang members and murderers in Dodger Stadium. Not a peep.

Indiana Pacers fans going racial on opposing ball players and throwing stuff at them. Nothing. I could go on forever with examples.

Eagles fans throw snowballs. Nuke the city away.

*smh*

Are all the fans here saints? No. But it's like that everywhere. Do I condone any of these actions? Nope. But it happens everywhere.
Not true, I know people that got beer thrown at them at the Phillies/Rays world series games because they were wearing Rays gear. Philly is the WORST sports city in the country period. It seems that this type of behavior is condoned rather then discouraged. I have been a season ticket holder of the Bucs for 10 years (never missed a game) and I have NEVER seen an opposing team's fan ever get physically abused at a game.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #63
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

I multi-quoted a bunch of posts but at this juncture I just don't see the point. Why? Because this is a common theme at any stadium in any sport. Some cities have a higher rate of incidents, but no one city is innocent or without "blood on their hands".

So what does that make it then? A contest of who's fanbase is worse than the next fanbase?

So what have we gathered from the original post that we didn't already know or assume? Or was it a flailing attempt by a NY sports fan to throw dirt on Philly while we bask in our team's recent successes, the Giants wallow in disappointment, and the Mess try to piece together another baseball team?

I don't defend the actions of my fellow Eagle brethren, and I also believe there to be fans of other cities and other sports just as raucous as Eagles fans are.

At any rate...Happy Holidays.

...and if i had a snowball I'd throw it!
Old 12-24-2009, 09:43 AM   #64
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Well......

Atleast they didnt wear those jersey's in the bar, which is one of Spike TV's 1000 Ways To Die....
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »