Home

Albert Haynesworth is Complaining....

This is a discussion on Albert Haynesworth is Complaining.... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-26-2009, 07:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Albert Haynesworth is Complaining....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
Football is different then any other sport, because there can be so many variables as to why a player is, or is not "performing".

There are legit cases when teams are being poorly game planned.

If Haynesworth is right, then that coaching staff shouldnt coach another down in the NFL.
They basically did.

The offensive coaches were relieved of game duties halfway through the year.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:09 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 55

I can't wrap my brain around how that defense isn't dominating every week. They have so much talent at every level of the defense. What I'm getting out of this report is that Haynesworth thinks the defense should be less tricky and more straightforward to allow them to utilize their superior athleticism. They are physically better at a lot of positions than a fair portion of offenses out there in my opinion.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-26-2009, 10:23 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
I can't wrap my brain around how that defense isn't dominating every week. They have so much talent at every level of the defense. What I'm getting out of this report is that Haynesworth thinks the defense should be less tricky and more straightforward to allow them to utilize their superior athleticism. They are physically better at a lot of positions than a fair portion of offenses out there in my opinion.
The corners play 10+ yards off the WRs, we seemingly choose a starting free safety at random, our linebackers consist of grandpa Fletcher and several young backers, and in any given week we could be missing any combination of players.

On top of that, there are various bad blitzes and coverage calls during the game, the most evident being the usage LaRon Landry as a man coverage nickleback for the past two months after it has been more than obvious that he sucks at any coverage assignment.

With good coaching and good player usage, I think there's a top 5 defense on this team right now. However, our second best player (Rogers) is gone next year and we'll certainly make a trademark-Snyder bad acquisition, trade, or cut.
Old 12-26-2009, 10:34 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
The corners play 10+ yards off the WRs, we seemingly choose a starting free safety at random, our linebackers consist of grandpa Fletcher and several young backers, and in any given week we could be missing any combination of players.

On top of that, there are various bad blitzes and coverage calls during the game, the most evident being the usage LaRon Landry as a man coverage nickleback for the past two months after it has been more than obvious that he sucks at any coverage assignment.

With good coaching and good player usage, I think there's a top 5 defense on this team right now. However, our second best player (Rogers) is gone next year and we'll certainly make a trademark-Snyder bad acquisition, trade, or cut.
If I were running the squad I'd call an 08 Titans style D. Not a lot of blitzing, and just some very solid coverage behind it. That puts pressure on your talented front 7 to get pressure on the QB and it takes pressure off DB's. When you blitz it can really pressure the DB's into tough 1 on 1 situations one too many times. Your Landry examples are great - I can see where opponents would exploit that easily.

Despite being the great player he is, I don't understand how Orakpo fits into a 4-3 scheme at linebacker. He seems like a 3-4 OLB to me? The guy's strengths are obviously playing downhill and rushing the passer. Those aren't always the best qualities for a 4-3 OLB. It can kind of limit your ability to cover on D. I mean you think of a Derrick Brooks or Keith Bullock as a 4-3 OLB, not Orakpo.

M - I - N - N - E - S - O - T - A
Old 12-26-2009, 10:41 PM   #21
MVP

MrOctober430's Arena

OVR: 12

haters gonna hate
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-26-2009, 10:46 PM   #22
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreatineKasey
If I were running the squad I'd call an 08 Titans style D. Not a lot of blitzing, and just some very solid coverage behind it. That puts pressure on your talented front 7 to get pressure on the QB and it takes pressure off DB's. When you blitz it can really pressure the DB's into tough 1 on 1 situations one too many times. Your Landry examples are great - I can see where opponents would exploit that easily.
There's certainly a time and a place to blitz, but 85% of our sacks have come from the DL, and I'd imagine most of those are from base defenses.

As you said, I'd feel much more comfortable with our DL doing the rushing of the quarterback and the coverage done by the corners. Even worse, almost every time we do blitz it seems as if we do something stupid and have Fletcher covering a slot receiver, Landry covering the #1/#2 receiver, or something of that ilk.

Quote:
Despite being the great player he is, I don't understand how Orakpo fits into a 4-3 scheme at linebacker. He seems like a 3-4 OLB to me? The guy's strengths are obviously playing downhill and rushing the passer. Those aren't always the best qualities for a 4-3 OLB. It can kind of limit your ability to cover on D. I mean you think of a Derrick Brooks or Keith Bullock as a 4-3 OLB, not Orakpo.
It's not that big of a deal since we'll clearly have a new coaching staff next year.

At this point, there's a 90% chance that Orakpo will be playing his proper position of 4-3. The remaining chance is that we go the direction of a 3-4 where he plays OLB in a Merriman-like situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »