Home

The Rivalry Continues - Ravens @ Steelers

This is a discussion on The Rivalry Continues - Ravens @ Steelers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-28-2009, 02:49 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 19
Re: The Rivalry Continues - Ravens @ Steelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
With all that have been said I actually thought the officials did an excellent job Sunday. I saw no confusion or hesitation going on, probably the best I've seen all year. Although the Ravens did make it an easy game to call. The NFL might want to look into using Ravens games as a farm system for referees.
Disagree, playcalling was fair when the Ravens were down by 10, when things got close the Ref's reached for the yellow. Ravens simply recieved more scrutiny than the Steelers last game. They called alot of meaningful ticky tac calls against the Ravens (Washington "hold" that had no factor on the play, Carr holding on last play when the rules explicitly state defensive holding is not a factor when a qb is scrambling) while letting a bunch of Steelers ones go through (Heap armbar in the endzone that even the ******** telecast guys could see, linemen held throughout the game, etc etc). Having said that, we made alot of blatant and ridiculous personal foul and Mason dropping the ball was inexcusable. It's tough to win when we are playing against a good team, ourselves, and the ref's. This team will not go far in the playoffs for these reasons.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:05 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Wow. Watching the highlights of the this game right now.. Ravens had so many opportunities. From my count, they had 3 touchdowns taken off the board because of penalties? That's just demoralizing.
You saw what they had time to show... they'd need a full half hour to go through it all. One that did deserve more attention was the series that took them out of range for most likely a sure td (was it inside the 5?) back to punting range bc of all the penalties. I don't want to take anything away from the Steelers but the Ravens blew this one.

We can also talk about the fumble that was recovered by Ray but Landry should've easily scooped up and ran in for a td... or the free play Suggs gave Ben when he jumped offsides, turning the play from a probable attempt at an out or comeback to a 45 yard bomb into scoring range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnwood
With all that have been said I actually thought the officials did an excellent job Sunday. I saw no confusion or hesitation going on, probably the best I've seen all year. Although the Ravens did make it an easy game to call. The NFL might want to look into using Ravens games as a farm system for referees.
I didn't see any bad calls. I'm actually surprised there weren't more with the amount of time Frank Walker was on the field.

Adam, the refs weren't any worse than the average NFL game... I'd even say they were better. They were definitely better than the average Ravens game over the years.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:11 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
You saw what they had time to show... they'd need a full half hour to go through it all. One that did deserve more attention was the series that took them out of range for most likely a sure td (was it inside the 5?) back to punting range bc of all the penalties. I don't want to take anything away from the Steelers but the Ravens blew this one.

We can also talk about the fumble that was recovered by Ray but Landry should've easily scooped up and ran in for a td... or the free play Suggs gave Ben when he jumped offsides, turning the play from a probable attempt at an out or comeback to a 45 yard bomb into scoring range.

I didn't see any bad calls. I'm actually surprised there weren't more with the amount of time Frank Walker was on the field.

Adam, the refs weren't any worse than the average NFL game... I'd even say they were better. They were definitely better than the average Ravens game over the years.

It's not so much what they called, it's what they missed. The noncalls for the Steelers coupled with ticky tac calls against the Ravens on important play after important play drove me crazy. The Ravens simply recieved more scrutiny from the ref's than the Steelers in yesterday's game. Surprisingly, Frank Walker played relatively well for a Frank Walker.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-28-2009, 04:39 PM   #36
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Dayton
It's not so much what they called, it's what they missed. The noncalls for the Steelers coupled with ticky tac calls against the Ravens on important play after important play drove me crazy. The Ravens simply recieved more scrutiny from the ref's than the Steelers in yesterday's game. Surprisingly, Frank Walker played relatively well for a Frank Walker.
I don't know. It's hard to judge when you're a fan of one of the teams. I'll just say I've seen much worse officiating this year in both Ravens games and neutral games. Can't expect them to be perfect. The hold on Washington was obvious. You say it's wrong to call it when it didn't effect the play and I say he's an idiot for holding when it wasn't going to help the play. I don't know the exact rule on the call on Walker you're talking about but it seems a flag is thrown on that every time. I don't remember too many plays that weren't called on the Steelers, and I still remember a ton from each of the 3 games we played them last year.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:54 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40

I have no problems with the refs in yesterday's game. The last play maybe could be taken to the rule book but the game should have been over. The Ravens royally screwed themselves out of 21 pts and it's their own fault PERIOD. The Suggs block on the INT return, the Washington hold on the McGahee TD, the Mason drop. And more points, the Cousins stupid, just stupid penalty on Woodley. Someone mentioned undisciplined. I say in one sense yes, in the sense that you just act like you don't care. However, I think there is a difference between undisciplined and stupid. Some of the things the Ravens players did yesterday was just sheer stupidity rather than being undisciplined.
Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

mjb2124's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
I have no problems with the refs in yesterday's game. The last play maybe could be taken to the rule book but the game should have been over. The Ravens royally screwed themselves out of 21 pts and it's their own fault PERIOD.
Bingo...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »