Home

10+ questions for 10 years

This is a discussion on 10+ questions for 10 years within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #41
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23
Re: 10+ questions for 10 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
If Martz had run the ball more the Rams probably win that game.
I'm pretty sure Marshall Faulk was relatively contained in that game, since Bill Belichick made it a point of emphasis to shut him down by double covering him. Besides, it simply wasn't Martz's nature to run the ball.

While we're talking about the Rams, I can't believe I forgot about The Tackle.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 01:49 PM   #42
The Few. The Proud.

SportsTop's Arena

OVR: 44

Best team? New England Patriots

Best individual team? 2007 New England

Best player? Peyton Manning

Best individual performance? Clinton Portis - December 7th, 2003: 22 carries for 218 yards and 5 TD's.

Best play? The Music City Miracle. Tyree is a close second.

Best game? 2009 Superbowl. That game had almost everything....including an incredible ending.

Biggest upset? Giants over Patriots.

Biggest controversy? Spygate. To this day there are players that contest the Patriots championships of this decade are tainted. Whether it's true or not, it still has raised the question and tainted the game.

Biggest "What If?" What if the Chargers don't trade Eli Manning and he and Rivers places are reversed?

Worst personnel decision? The Raiders drafting Jamarcus Russell with the #1 overall pick in the 2007 draft. They passed up a franchise RB, franchise Tackle, and franchise LB for an overweight and unmotivated QB with nothing more than a big arm.

Worst coaching decision? Mornhinweg's decision to kick-off in OT to take the wind and they never saw the ball.

Most important moment/play? James Harrison's 100 yard INT return in the Superbowl. If he gets tackled at any point during that return I think the Cardinals win that Superbowl.

Honorable mention to Big Ben making a game saving tackle he had no business making against Nick Harper in the '06 playoffs.

Your favorite team's best moments? LT's 2006 MVP Season. It was truly amazing to watch him play that season.

Its worst moments? As bad as the early 2000's were, I'd have to say losing to the Patriots in the '07 playoffs was the worst. They should've won that game if not for a fumble, an incredibly idiotic penalty, and bad offensive play-calling in the second half.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:56 PM   #43
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop

Honorable mention to Big Ben making a game saving tackle he had no business making against Nick Harper in the '06 playoffs.
Wow, how did I forget about that? That was a huge tackle. If not for that, Colts probably win that game and we'd have a different Super Bowl champion that year. And I'd have to say, it'd probably be the Colts. That '05 Colts team was easily the best Colts team of the decade. Just a shame we got upset in the Playoffs.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 12-29-2009, 01:57 PM   #44
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Wow, how did I forget about that? That was a huge tackle. If not for that, Colts probably win that game and we'd have a different Super Bowl champion that year. And I'd have to say, it'd probably be the Colts. That '05 Colts team was easily the best Colts team of the decade. Just a shame we got upset in the Playoffs.
Yeah, but it was all set up by the horrific overturn of the Polamalu INT and the fluke fumble by Bettis.

That was easily the worst officiating call of the decade.

Old 12-29-2009, 02:24 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman
Yeah, but it was all set up by the horrific overturn of the Polamalu INT and the fluke fumble by Bettis.

That was easily the worst officiating call of the decade.
For sure. But the game itself, the reason the Steelers were dominating us, was setup by our philosophy of resting starters at the end of the year. We lost rhythm/momentum/timing. Came out completely flat that game. I still, to this day, think we would've won if we didn't rest for damn near a month before the game.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-29-2009, 02:42 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olson-for-Heisman
I'm pretty sure Marshall Faulk was relatively contained in that game, since Bill Belichick made it a point of emphasis to shut him down by double covering him. Besides, it simply wasn't Martz's nature to run the ball.

While we're talking about the Rams, I can't believe I forgot about The Tackle.
I think the real problem is that the Rams came in thinking they were going to run a track meet, and they didn't realize that they needed to get shorter (which they finally did late in the game... funny how the EXACT same thing happened to the '07 Patriots in Super Bowl 42). The Rams weren't incapable of doing that either, after all they won the NFC Championship in '99 doing that and I don't recall their offensive squad being much different in '01. They just got out-coached and it wouldn't be the last time that happened to Mike Martz.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:46 PM   #47
goh
Banned

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
Against the Giants in the '03 playoffs. Epic comeback by the 49ers capped by the botched snap by the Giants and later and admitted blown call.
To be exact,they were down 38-14 and won 39-38. The blown call would've resulted in a replay of down so they still might've missed. Steelers had a big comeback against the Browns earlier that same day too,won 36-33 after being down 24-7 in the 3rd.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »