Home

Pro Bowl Selections

This is a discussion on Pro Bowl Selections within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #73
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Pro Bowl Selections

Quote:
Originally Posted by Longhorn
As a Patriot fan...I completely disagree. Without Welker, this offense runs no where near as smoothly. Welker may not have the best skill set and clearly isn't as physically gifted, but he is absolutely perfect for the Patriots offense. Teams gameplan on Moss and can't cover Welker. It's not that they "refuse" to cover him, he just has a knack for getting open.

Oh, and calling him "the most overrated player in the league" is hysterical. Welker is never considered one of the best receivers in the league, is never talked about in the same breath as Fitz, Johnson, Moss, Wayne, etc.....so how is he overrated? He's hands down the best #2/slot receiver in the league and that should not even be an arguable fact.
I would never go so far as to state that he's over-rated but you can't discount what Edelman was able to do during Welker's absense due to injury. At some point there is a line where Welker is THAT good and where having a great system & Moss helps. Regardless, I'd take Welker on my team any day; the guy is just tough & a hard-nosed player.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:11 PM   #74
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
As a Patriot fan...I completely disagree. Without Welker, this offense runs no where near as smoothly. Welker may not have the best skill set and clearly isn't as physically gifted, but he is absolutely perfect for the Patriots offense. Teams gameplan on Moss and can't cover Welker. It's not that they "refuse" to cover him, he just has a knack for getting open.
Yes, he's perfect for the Pats offense. If he was a great NFL WR, he could put up great numbers in any offense, not just NE's. That's the point. He wouldn't. The guy is Ricky Proehl.

Quote:
Oh, and calling him "the most overrated player in the league" is hysterical. Welker is never considered one of the best receivers in the league, is never talked about in the same breath as Fitz, Johnson, Moss, Wayne, etc.....so how is he overrated? He's hands down the best #2/slot receiver in the league and that should not even be an arguable fact.
Evidently he is considered among the best since he made the Pro Bowl over the likes of Moss, OchoCinco & Vincent Jackson.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:14 PM   #75
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Evidently he is considered among the best since he made the Pro Bowl over the likes of Moss, OchoCinco & Vincent Jackson.
What's the argument for any of those three over Welker? More TDs? Is that it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #76
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
What's the argument for any of those three over Welker? More TDs? Is that it?
More TD's, more yds, more dangerous. Welker is a dump off artist. He's not a game changer.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!
Old 12-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #77
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
More TD's, more yds, more dangerous. Welker is a dump off artist. He's not a game changer.
So people get into the Pro Bowl because of how "dangerous" they are, or what their specialty is? That makes no sense to me.

And, for the record, Welker has more yards than every receiver in the league but Andre Johnson. And he missed 2 games, which means he leads the league in yards per game. Can't punish Welker for the lack of TDs when he has Moss on the other side. That "Moss helps him" argument goes both ways. If Moss wasn't there, Welker would certainly have more TDs.

And I'd say the 122 catches, 1,336 yards make him a pretty damn "dangerous" "dump off artist."

Last edited by Beantown; 12-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #78
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Welker is overrated? That news to me.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #79
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBzrule
Rice definitely deserves it IMO. 2nd in the league behind Chris Johnson in yards from scrimmage. McClain also. Lewis, started strong and played well until that injury in the Colts game. Ed Reed is lucky to still be in the league Not sure how much longer he's going to last.
Why do you think McClain deserved it (I kind of agreed with Mil on that one)?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #80
Hall Of Fame

J0nnD0ugh's Arena

Quote:
So people get into the Pro Bowl because of how "dangerous" they are, or what their specialty is? That makes no sense to me.

And, for the record, Welker has more yards than every receiver in the league but Andre Johnson. And he missed 2 games, which means he leads the league in yards per game. Can't punish Welker for the lack of TDs when he has Moss on the other side. That "Moss helps him" argument goes both ways. If Moss wasn't there, Welker would certainly have more TDs.

And I'd say the 122 catches, 1,336 yards make him a pretty damn "dangerous" "dump off artist."
122 catches, FOUR touchdowns. Just 11 yds per catch. I'd expect that from a TE. Not a #2 WR. Out of the 41 players w/@ least 50 catches, Welker's yds per catch is 37th. There are 11 players w/less than 50 receptions who have more TD catches. 2 of those have less than 30.

The guy is not dangerous. He's an acceptable evil for DC's. They don't care if he gets catches.
-August 17, 1960
Thanks, dookies!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »