Home

Peyton Manning wins MVP

This is a discussion on Peyton Manning wins MVP within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who should win the 2009 NFL MVP Award?
Peyton Manning 43 56.58%
Drew Brees 4 5.26%
Brett Favre 7 9.21%
Phillip Rivers 5 6.58%
Aaron Rodgers 4 5.26%
Tony Romo 2 2.63%
Tom Brady 1 1.32%
Chris Johnson 9 11.84%
Other 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-07-2010, 02:11 PM   #57
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: MVP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
So that does not make him "the Greatest Football player of all Time". Obviously as the term is subjective. Very good yes,best ever that depends on who you ask. As for me I say no way. He isn't even the "best"qb playing now.(Brees,Schaub,Rodgers,Rivers,Brady,Roethlisber ger,Palmer,) There is very little seperating this group.
No one said he's the best football player of all time. I said most valuable asset of all time, which is hard to argue. That doesn't mean he's the best ever. Just that he's the most valuable asset to his team, ever. Name one more player that is more valuable to his team than Manning is to the Colts.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-07-2010, 02:20 PM   #58
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Can I vote Charles Woodson and not get called insane? The Packers have used him in an insane number of ways in their defensive scheme and he's succeeded in every role they've asked him to fill in the biggest way. He has nine picks, four scores, four forced fumbles, and two sacks. For a guy who is primarily a cornerback, that's insane, and I can't imagine what the Pack's D would look like without him this season.

If it has to be an offensive player, I guess it's Peyton Manning by default, though I'd give heavy consideration to Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:24 PM   #59
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANDROMADA 1
That is the most rediculous thing I've read yet about Manning. I'd take Brady all day every day over Manning.And 16 interceptions is being a bit careless with the football, MVP or not that is too many turnovers, unlike Rodgers who has minimal turnovers as well as Brees,Rivers, and Dare I say it Favre,and Romo. If you like high interceptions then sure give it to Manning. If you want to give it to the best qb it has to be somebody else.
Do you even understand what I'm saying? I'm confused by just reading your posts. It has pretty much nothing to do with my original argument. I never said Manning is the best QB of all time. I never said Manning is better than Brady. I never said anything about his interceptions this year. I never said anything about this year, period. I said Manning is the most valuable asset of all time. What does that have to do with this year? Or Manning being the best of all time? Or Manning being better than Brady? Or Peyton's INT's this year? lol. Seriously. Please post something relevant that directly responds with my original point.

Now, onto his INT's.. I don't like pulling the "did you watch [insert team name here]" card, but did you watch the Colts this year? I said in the OP that his 16 INT's may hurt him because people will just look at it and think he's been careless with the ball, like you just said. That's not the case though. First and foremost, the Colts have the worst rushing attack in the league(32nd). That alone makes it hard to pass the ball. Not to mention, Peyton has more pass attempts than every other QB in the NFL aside from Matt Schaub(who has 1 less pick than Peyton). Those factors alone would usually equate to more turnovers/INT's. The biggest factor though, tipped passes. They've been completely out of whack this year for the Colts. It seems like every time I turn my head Peyton throws a pass that gets tipped and picked. I'd bet money that at least half of Peyton's INT's this year were off of tipped passes.

Last edited by z Revis; 01-07-2010 at 02:30 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #60
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Can I vote Charles Woodson and not get called insane? The Packers have used him in an insane number of ways in their defensive scheme and he's succeeded in every role they've asked him to fill in the biggest way. He has nine picks, four scores, four forced fumbles, and two sacks. For a guy who is primarily a cornerback, that's insane, and I can't imagine what the Pack's D would look like without him this season.
That's insane. Ha. Seriously though, if you're just throwing his name around into the discussion, sure. But if you're actually voting for him, then I would disagree.

I will say he's had a monster year, though.
Old 01-07-2010, 02:31 PM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

How do you determine who's the most valuable asset of all time?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2010, 03:06 PM   #62
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How do you determine the MVP each year in the NFL?
Old 01-07-2010, 03:14 PM   #63
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Like this...

Old 01-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #64
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Do you even understand what I'm saying? I'm confused by just reading your posts. It has pretty much nothing to do with my original argument. I never said Manning is the best QB of all time. I never said Manning is better than Brady. I never said anything about his interceptions this year. I never said anything about this year, period. I said Manning is the most valuable asset of all time. What does that have to do with this year? Or Manning being the best of all time? Or Manning being better than Brady? Or Peyton's INT's this year? lol. Seriously. Please post something relevant that directly responds with my original point.

Now, onto his INT's.. I don't like pulling the "did you watch [insert team name here]" card, but did you watch the Colts this year? I said in the OP that his 16 INT's may hurt him because people will just look at it and think he's been careless with the ball, like you just said. That's not the case though. First and foremost, the Colts have the worst rushing attack in the league(32nd). That alone makes it hard to pass the ball. Not to mention, Peyton has more pass attempts than every other QB in the NFL aside from Matt Schaub(who has 1 less pick than Peyton). Those factors alone would usually equate to more turnovers/INT's. The biggest factor though, tipped passes. They've been completely out of whack this year for the Colts. It seems like every time I turn my head Peyton throws a pass that gets tipped and picked. I'd bet money that at least half of Peyton's INT's this year were off of tipped passes.
Okay, even then His contract doesn't make him the most Valuable Player now does it? Value is equated by Fungollas',loot,cheddar. And as for all the excuses for turning the ball over...My drill instructor would say everybodys got one

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »