Home

Peyton Manning wins MVP

This is a discussion on Peyton Manning wins MVP within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: Who should win the 2009 NFL MVP Award?
Peyton Manning 43 56.58%
Drew Brees 4 5.26%
Brett Favre 7 9.21%
Phillip Rivers 5 6.58%
Aaron Rodgers 4 5.26%
Tony Romo 2 2.63%
Tom Brady 1 1.32%
Chris Johnson 9 11.84%
Other 1 1.32%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-08-2010, 12:14 PM   #65
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: MVP Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Jamal 2003: 2066 rush yards, 205 rec yards, 14tds, NFL record 295 rush yards in a game... 500 rush yards against 1 team (2 games).

Chris this year: 2006 rush yards, 503 rec yards, 16 tds, 284 total yards in one game.

I'm not saying Jamal had a better year than Johnson but I can't see how CJ had a "much" better year than Jamal (if better at all). I forgot, the Ravens actually did make the playoffs that year after going 10-6 if that kind of thing fits in the discussion... of course they lost to the Titans.
Jamal did have a better year. Wanna know why? They made the playoffs. I would love for CJ to get MVP, but it won't happen. Only way he should have had a legit shot is if the Titans made it into the post season and CJ broke Dickerson's record,

And whoever was saying was Vince stepped in and if he would have sooner we would have been better off is missing something. Our secondary was the worst in the NFL the first six games giving up multiple 300+ yard performances, our return game was absolutely horrid and Collins was getting pressured (we all know thats a bad thing for Collins) because the O-line was rusty. After the bye our entire defense and special teams showed up.

With that said Peyton Manning for MVP.

CJ2K for Offensive Player of the Year!

For the record, Johson had 435 yards playing houston, 303(plus more, couldn't find anywhere with his rec yards fromt eh first game), 183 vs Colts and 186 vs the Rams.

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics

Last edited by DustinT; 01-08-2010 at 12:23 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 12:27 PM   #66
Banned

vols bravesfan's Arena

OVR: 22

CJ for MVP!!!
Old 01-08-2010, 12:52 PM   #67
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
How do you determine who's the most valuable asset of all time?
It would hard to determine but I get where Z was coming from. I agree with him on Manning though. I have a hard time thinking of a player who has meant more to their organization over the past 30 years than Peyton.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:00 PM   #68
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Brett Favre all the way
Old 01-08-2010, 01:18 PM   #69
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
Can I vote Charles Woodson and not get called insane? The Packers have used him in an insane number of ways in their defensive scheme and he's succeeded in every role they've asked him to fill in the biggest way. He has nine picks, four scores, four forced fumbles, and two sacks. For a guy who is primarily a cornerback, that's insane, and I can't imagine what the Pack's D would look like without him this season.

If it has to be an offensive player, I guess it's Peyton Manning by default, though I'd give heavy consideration to Phillip Rivers, Aaron Rodgers, and Drew Brees.
I don't think it's crazy but I think Z was talking about more than this year... and even for this year I don't think you can go with Woodson bc of what's going on on the other side of the ball. What Manning is doing is happening with a mediocre running game, a rookie and 2nd year WR playing huge roles and a defense that's pretty much average. Woodson's doing damage with an offense also firing on all cylinders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eckoefx
Jamal did have a better year. Wanna know why? They made the playoffs. I would love for CJ to get MVP, but it won't happen. Only way he should have had a legit shot is if the Titans made it into the post season and CJ broke Dickerson's record,

And whoever was saying was Vince stepped in and if he would have sooner we would have been better off is missing something. Our secondary was the worst in the NFL the first six games giving up multiple 300+ yard performances, our return game was absolutely horrid and Collins was getting pressured (we all know thats a bad thing for Collins) because the O-line was rusty. After the bye our entire defense and special teams showed up.

With that said Peyton Manning for MVP.

CJ2K for Offensive Player of the Year!

For the record, Johson had 435 yards playing houston, 303(plus more, couldn't find anywhere with his rec yards fromt eh first game), 183 vs Colts and 186 vs the Rams.
Agree on all accounts... though I wouldn't be mad if someone thought CJ's year is better than Jamal's was. It's DEFINITELY debatable though. You couldn't find rec yards? Tried nfl.com?
Old 01-09-2010, 09:44 AM   #70
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Just heard on ESPN Radio that Manning has won MVP with 39 1/2 votes and Drew Brees coming in 2nd.
Old 01-09-2010, 10:07 AM   #71
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Just heard on ESPN Radio that Manning has won MVP with 39 1/2 votes and Drew Brees coming in 2nd.
Yep, it's official.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 10:13 AM   #72
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Manning was a worthy choice ,but I would have rather had Brees win though.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »