Home

Mike Shanahan Becomes Head Coach of Redskins

This is a discussion on Mike Shanahan Becomes Head Coach of Redskins within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 03:31 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Mike Shanahan Becomes Head Coach of Redskins

And what if they took Tim Tebow in the first round?
Old 01-06-2010, 04:10 PM   #34
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
1. They won't

2. Given the Redskins' line, I'd give him far more of a chance of making it through the season than Emu or Bradford.
Old 01-06-2010, 05:06 PM   #35
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
The lack of OL on the current roster might actually benefit the Shanahan rebuilding process. He loves smaller, athletic guys for the zone blocking schemes & with no stalwarts or big name/big contract guys on the OL he can rebuild it from scratch..
good point

Quote:
As good of a coach as Shanahan may be, as long as Daniel Snyder owns them they'll mediocre at best.
This is a funny misconception, similar to "Tony Romo sucks" and "Cowboys can't win big games". The team went to the playoffs just 2 years ago, and I have little doubt they would've been successful if Marty stayed. Danny just needs to pick the right people and stick with them. He had the right guy with Marty but didn't stick with him; he tried to stick with Spurrier and Gibbs... not the right guys for the NFL in this day and age. I think this combo could be right, and think he will stick with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Well...they've now got a coach and a GM. No excuses now.
very true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 09:34 PM   #36
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
after Tebows combine, i dont think it'd be a bad move at all for the skins to draft him and let him sit for a year or two behind Campbell/Brennan...sure, he'd come in for the wildcat and nfl-spread-option plays, etc

on topic-i think the shanahan signing is best decision made in a long time by Snyder, and he's willing to step away now and let shanny and bruce allen run things, and they'll do it right

fantasy owners live him too, cuz every year, he has a back (or two) run for 1000+ yards and WR's running up the stats, the guy always has great offenses, i think they should keep Blache around as d-cord

shanny was awesome in denver, and in a few years, pat bowlen will be wishing he hadnt fired shanahan
Old 01-06-2010, 09:38 PM   #37

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
after Tebows combine, i dont think it'd be a bad move at all for the skins to draft him and let him sit for a year or two behind Campbell/Brennan...sure, he'd come in for the wildcat and nfl-spread-option plays, etc
With the 4th pick and with all the other needs they have?

That would be pure insanity.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:44 PM   #38
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
With the 4th pick and with all the other needs they have?

That would be pure insanity.
not insane at all, shanahan drafted Cutler with the 17th pick a few years ago, plus Tebow has a much better upside and potential than Bradford or Clausen, plus he's not injured

how often is a player like Tim Tebow going to come around??

if the Bucs didnt have Josh Freeman, i'd be camped out at onebuc place petitioning for them to 'trade up' to draft Tebow
Old 01-06-2010, 09:50 PM   #39

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniverson1973
not insane at all, shanahan drafted Cutler with the 17th pick a few years ago, plus Tebow has a much better upside and potential than Bradford or Clausen, plus he's not injured

how often is a player like Tim Tebow going to come around??

if the Bucs didnt have Josh Freeman, i'd be camped out at onebuc place petitioning for them to 'trade up' to draft Tebow
Shanahan traded up for Cutler after everything he wanted was in place.

He picked up Plummer as a stop gap while he got the surrounding cast in order before he made that move because he understood the importance of having depth at every position.

The Redskins desperately need OL help in addition to other areas. It would be insane to draft a QB with questions with the 4th pick with so many other area's of need.

I'm not saying Tebow can't succeed, I think he has a decent shot, I just think no way he is worth a 4th pick from a team that needs help in many other area's and they already have a serviceable QB.

Unrelated: Anyone wonder what Shanahan will do with Portis (if anything)? He traded him out of Denver because of his distaste for his attitude at the time.

I personally don't think it would be an issue but it certainly wouldn't surprise me to see a move with Portis...
Old 01-06-2010, 10:12 PM   #40
GO RAYS!!!

daniverson1973's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis

The Redskins desperately need OL help in addition to other areas. It would be insane to draft a QB with questions with the 4th pick with so many other area's of need.

I'm not saying Tebow can't succeed, I think he has a decent shot, I just think no way he is worth a 4th pick from a team that needs help in many other area's and they already have a serviceable QB.

i agree Tebow isnt worth the 4th pick, the rams pick 1st i think right? they should draft Tebow, him being worthy of being drafted with the 1st pick

the last team that won a superbowl with a "servicable QB" was the ravens '99 team (trent dilfer)

tebow is much more than dilfer and will be more than servicable

either way im not even a huge redskins fan, although i like Snyders passion to win and spend whatever it takes to win

as far as portis thats very interesting cuz he's slowing down a bit and from what i remember, i dont think him an shanny had the best relationship, i wouldnt be surprised if they cut him

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »