Home

Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills

This is a discussion on Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2010, 01:20 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Everyone screaming realign just stop. For years the arizona cardinals were in the nfc east, hell the colts aren't even in the south, there is no need to realign anything.
And if you really think about Dallas should'nt be in the NFC East. Because geography wise they are no were near New York, Philly, or D.C.
Old 01-08-2010, 01:52 PM   #34
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJNT
And if you really think about Dallas should'nt be in the NFC East. Because geography wise they are no were near New York, Philly, or D.C.
Another one is Baltimore. They aren't exactly in the North.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #35
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

Well y'all forgetting the obvious. Just move the jags to the nfc west, and then put the Seahawks in the AFC west! **** yeah, back to playing oakland and denver adn kc and sd.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2010, 02:03 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitchingcoach36
Well y'all forgetting the obvious. Just move the jags to the nfc west, and then put the Seahawks in the AFC west! **** yeah, back to playing oakland and denver adn kc and sd.
So then the AFC West would have 5 teams and the AFC South would have 3? Interesting..
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-08-2010, 02:04 PM   #37
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos81
The current AFC West franchises have been together since 1960, forgive me if I don't want the NFL to break that up.
It's not that so much as the idea of redoing 3 other divisions to keep 1 in tact, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Another one is Baltimore. They aren't exactly in the North.
We aren't exactly South either. Baltimore is actually fine and would be in the North, South or East. There are definitely many more head scratchers out there geographically, but I don't think it's a big deal in the NFL. College on the other hand... BC being in the ACC is a joke. These kids don't travel on private planes and have other things that are "supposed" to be more important to their time than long travels just to be in a specific conference.

I will say, if Jacksonville is the team that moves, some kind of realignment would need to be necessary bc they wouldn't be anywhere close to any of the teams in their division.
Old 01-08-2010, 02:59 PM   #38
MVP

sniperhare's Arena

OVR: 10

The Jags aren't leaving Jacksonville, so stop trying to push an agenda. The group that wants to move to LA wants to buy a team, the Jags aren't for sale, the Rams are.

Jacksonville had a problem selling games this season, they are usually fine. The Raiders have had more blackouts over the past few years and have years of tradition behind them.

Jacksonville is still a young franchise, and many that grew up watching them are just now able to buy tickets, but the economy is in the toilet and many of those 18-23 year olds can't get work to buy tickets.

Weaver has said time and again that he wants to keep the team in Jacksonville, he's in his 70s and is not interested in becoming a little fish in a big pond (like he would become in LA) he wants to stay where he's at right now.

The only problem that the Jags really have is the city built a stadium that is oversized for the NFL market. The average attendance of the Jaguars would fill over half the stadiums in the league, so it's not like they don't have a core group of hardcore fans.

But that same stadium has a 30 year lease signed with Weaver that would require him to prove he is not making money to break. The Forbes list that came out said the Jags are making a profit, so they can't leave even if he wanted to sell.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #39
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36

YOu're saying the rams going back to LA? Who wants that pile of crap anyway
Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #40
Hall Of Fame

Chaos81's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It's not that so much as the idea of redoing 3 other divisions to keep 1 in tact, lol.
I think you took my post the wrong way.

The part about moving teams around was me just throwing it out there in response to SPTO's post about using a North division team. The second part about the AFC West was just me commenting on the entire subject at hand and saying I didn't want them to break up the AFC West to bring in an LA team. The two comments had nothing to do with each other, other than being in the same post.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »