Home

Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills

This is a discussion on Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #1
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35
Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills

LOS ANGELES (AP)—The company behind a plan to lure the NFL back to Los Angeles said Tuesday the Jacksonville Jaguars and Buffalo Bills are the first teams it will try to relocate.

Majestic Realty Co. managing partner John Semcken said the company is still considering at least seven franchises for a new stadium some 25 miles east of Los Angeles.

They also include the San Francisco 49ers, San Diego Chargers, Minnesota Vikings, St. Louis Rams and Oakland Raiders.

But he said the Jaguars and the Bills are at the top of the list because they play in small markets that tamp down their earning potential and because they have little hope of building larger venues in their home regions.

“Jacksonville and Buffalo are two teams in very, very small markets, he said. “They are teams that have either outdated stadiums or are having trouble filling their stadiums or both.”

The Jaguars have struggled for years to fill Jacksonville Municipal Stadium and had several games blacked out on local TV this season. The Bills, meanwhile, have been playing some home games in Toronto in an effort to expand their market.

Messages were left seeking comment from the Jaguars and Bills.

Jaguars majority owner Wayne Weaver and Bills owner Ralph Wilson have steadfastly dismissed any suggestion they will sell or move their teams.

Semcken said Majestic won’t approach the 49ers, Chargers or Vikings as long as they are seeking stadium plans of their own. He said it would not be fair to interfere with their efforts to remain in their home markets.

Semcken also said Majestic chief executive Ed Roski’s preference is to find owners willing to sell their franchise to a consortium of investors that he would lead, rather than buying a minority stake in a team that would move with its existing majority owner at the helm.

EFF OFF LA, Leave Buffalo alone.If the Bills left Buffalo, I fear a mass suicide would take place in Buffalo
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 09:13 PM   #2
Everyday is Faceurary!

dickey1331's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Los Angeles announces intentions to poach the Jaguars or Bills

Yeah I dont see Buffalo moving but I could see the Jags moving IF they can get out of thier stadium lease. I could also see Oakland moving but I def dont see Al Davis selling the team but who knows we saw what happend to Seattle with basketball.
NFL: Dallas Cowboys
NHL: Dallas Stars
NBA: Dallas Mavericks

I own a band check it out
Old 01-06-2010, 09:18 PM   #3
Pro

Senor_Herbatron's Arena

OVR: 21

The Jags should be packing their **** as we speak. The team has been a real let down and can't sell out a game to save their lives.

Move to LA and start over fresh.

Old 01-06-2010, 10:10 PM   #4
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

The Jaguars are the only team that would have no one crying if they left but I'm going to laugh when they move to LA and have the same kind of attendance.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 01-06-2010, 10:27 PM   #5
MVP

skydog71's Arena

OVR: 12

If the Jaguars go to L.A., I wonder if they will realign the divisions? Maybe the Chiefs in the AFC South? That would be strange.

Hopefully the Bills go to L.A., join the AFC West, moving the Chiefs to the AFC South, and then the Colts to the AFC East. That would be full of win.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM   #6
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Personally, I would hate to see the Chiefs get moved out of our division. It would be weird.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:09 PM   #7

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rag3vsW0rld
Personally, I would hate to see the Chiefs get moved out of our division. It would be weird.
Yea, me too.

I didn't think of the realignment that would likely be necessary...
Old 01-06-2010, 11:36 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by skydog71
If the Jaguars go to L.A., I wonder if they will realign the divisions? Maybe the Chiefs in the AFC South? That would be strange.

Hopefully the Bills go to L.A., join the AFC West, moving the Chiefs to the AFC South, and then the Colts to the AFC East. That would be full of win.
Why so the Titans won't have to face the Colts anymore? lol.

I'm down with that anyway. Brady vs Manning twice a year? Oh yea.

You do bring up a good point though. It'll be interesting to see what the league does with the divisions.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »