Home

Best Kicker in the NFL

This is a discussion on Best Kicker in the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2010, 09:04 PM   #9
Go Titans..

OVR: 34
Re: Best Kicker in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperChargers
only downfall on kaeding is that he isnt too reliable from past 50-55 yards. but inside 40 yards he is unstoppable. i cant remember how many he has made in that range in a row but it is a lot.

Nate Kaeding FG percentage 87.2
Nate Kaeding is not too reliable beyond 50 yards , In the clutch anyways. On the other hand Rob Bironas is extremely reliable beyond 50 yards. I could name alot of games Big Rob has won on 50+ yard field goals. Here's two. 2006 60 yard field goal to beat colts. 2009 MNF , Big Rob hits a 53 yard field goal when just minutes that eventually won the game.

I recall Kaeding missing field goal in playoffs Vs Patriots , with just seconds to go that ended the Chargers (14-2). Which ultimately sent the charger one and done in the playoffs that year.

Last edited by Evan_OS; 01-09-2010 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:12 PM   #10

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlueDude
Nate Kaeding is not too reliable beyond 50 yards. On the other hand Rob Bironas is extremely reliable beyond 50 yards. I could name alot of games Big Rob has won on 50+ yard field goals. Here's two. 2006 60 yard field goal to beat colts. 2009 MNF , Big Rob hits a 53 yard field goal when just minutes that eventually won the game.

I recall Kaeding missing field goal in playoffs Vs Patriots , with just seconds to go that ended the Chargers (14-2) season a few years ago.
So now you are basing things off of kicks "you" remember, you clearly don't know what you are talking about.

Career 50+ stats...

Bironas: 13-19 68.4%
Kaeding: 9-13 69.2%

Nice try though...
Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Nate Kaeding is not too reliable beyond 50 yards , In the clutch anyways. On the other hand Rob Bironas is extremely reliable beyond 50 yards. I could name alot of games Big Rob has won on 50+ yard field goals. Here's two. 2006 60 yard field goal to beat colts. 2009 MNF , Big Rob hits a 53 yard field goal when just minutes that eventually won the game.

I recall Kaeding missing field goal in playoffs Vs Patriots , with just seconds to go that ended the Chargers (14-2). Which ultimately sent the charger one and done in the playoffs that year.
and he missed a 40 yard GW FG vs. the Jets in '04.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 09:20 PM   #12
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

Rob Bironas definally is more clutch beyond 50+ yards in my opinion. Rob Bironas is clutch from anywhere from the field really. I haven't Watched Nate Kaeding too much , But i can't argue , we both have different opnions. I do agree Nate Kaeding is one of the best kickers , but the stats u posted are 50+ yards , which could of happened in the 1st quarter or so. If i were too choose who i would want to kick a 55 yard field goal , it would be Rob Bironas in any type of elements.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:24 PM   #13
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Phil Dawson.

/thread.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #14
LVP

BatsareBugs's Arena

OVR: 39

Quote:

Kaeding should've never been put in that position, the Chargers had a good lead, abandoned the run when LT was having a field day and had all kinds of boneheaded mistakes, including the Marlon McCree fumble after his interception that would've sealed the deal with the Chargers ahead. That 53-yarder was doomed to fail the moment the Chargers got the ball back after giving up that go-ahead score to Reche Caldwell.

Say what you want, he nailed a 50+ yard game winner this year with enough room to spare for 60 yards.

Nate's miss in 04' is his only true blemish in being "not clutch" and that was his rookie year. I won't complain after seeing Wide Rightey and Steve Christie as kickers for a few seasons.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:39 PM   #15

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Rob Bironas definally is more clutch beyond 50+ yards in my opinion. Rob Bironas is clutch from anywhere from the field really. I haven't Watched Nate Kaeding too much , But i can't argue , we both have different opnions. I do agree Nate Kaeding is one of the best kickers , but the stats u posted are 50+ yards , which could of happened in the 1st quarter or so. If i were too choose who i would want to kick a 55 yard field goal , it would be Rob Bironas in any type of elements.
I'm confused now.

First you said it is easy to say Baronas is the best kicker in the league, but just looking at stats, it is easy to say that is a false statement.

Then you were the one that brought up the stats of 50+ so when I show the stats proving your wrong, you argue that Kaedings 50+ could be from at any point in the game. Guess what, it's the same thing for Baronas.

You admit you don't watch Kaeding, that's fine. But don't start a completely homeristic thread by saying it's easy to say Baronos is the best if you don't watch other kickers in the league or don't know about any other kickers in the league.

Last edited by kehlis; 01-09-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2010, 09:40 PM   #16
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33

Does it really matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »