Home

NFC Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

This is a discussion on NFC Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2010, 11:31 PM   #17
Big Dummy

DustinT's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: NFC Divisional Round: Dallas Cowboys @ Minnesota Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84
I'm going vikings all the way them cowboys don't scare me...

first the giants were were the hottest team in the NFC and the "one to beat" then it was the 'aints then it was the eagles then it was the packers and now i'm suppose to believe its the cowboys????? HA its been vikings the entire year
Considering that the Vikes only played the Giants and Packers, you shouldn't really be talking any **** about the other teams.

Packers put up a good fight both times againts the Vikes and lost...before their streak started.

Gianst didn't even care to play two weeks ago.

The way you have played at the end of the season I would be ****ting my pants scared that the Cowboys will knock you guys out.

Cowboys 34 - 10

R.I.P Seattle SuperSonics
Old 01-10-2010, 11:49 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 47

Not really, Why? Because those loses came on the road. We are 8-0 at home this year. For what ever reason are Defense plays good at home. So I have faith. I stay the Vikes get it done 28-17.
Old 01-10-2010, 11:57 PM   #19
Banned

OVR: 55

I can't think of a good reason to not go with the Vikings here. I think Favre is going to be lights out and the Minnesota offense will put on a show. If the Vikings defense can put pressure on Romo and keep him guessing then there is no way the Cowboys can win this game. Give me the Vikings 31-20.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:16 AM   #20
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

If I look at this game logically, it is the most difficult one for me to pick. Luckily, I can throw logic by the wayside and be blinded by my hatred for the Cowboys.

28-20, Vikings
Old 01-11-2010, 02:05 AM   #21
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Minnesota will not handle the Cowboys D, Romo and co will have enough points in them to end the fairytale that's not meant to be for Favre.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2010, 06:03 AM   #22
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

With the Packers now out, I think the Vikings are the biggest matchup problem for the Cowboys remaining in the NFC right now.

The key for me will be how the two defensive fronts perform respectively. Minnesota's offensive line has turned up some suspect performances lately, but with the bye week they have had a chance to correct some issues. Certainly, if Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer & co. can put consistent pressure on Favre, I like the Cowboys' chances. Likewise, the matchup of Flozell Adams vs. Jared Allen is potentially a nightmare scenario. Flo is good but I'm not sure he's gone up against a guy like Allen this season. Not to mention, the rest of the Vikings front seven is pretty talented as well and if our offensive line as a whole doesn't show up, we don't have a chance.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:34 AM   #23
All Star

SoxFan01605's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krioniq
With the Packers now out, I think the Vikings are the biggest matchup problem for the Cowboys remaining in the NFC right now.

The key for me will be how the two defensive fronts perform respectively. Minnesota's offensive line has turned up some suspect performances lately, but with the bye week they have had a chance to correct some issues. Certainly, if Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Anthony Spencer & co. can put consistent pressure on Favre, I like the Cowboys' chances. Likewise, the matchup of Flozell Adams vs. Jared Allen is potentially a nightmare scenario. Flo is good but I'm not sure he's gone up against a guy like Allen this season. Not to mention, the rest of the Vikings front seven is pretty talented as well and if our offensive line as a whole doesn't show up, we don't have a chance.
Pretty much agree here.

I'll add that I think the Vikings should be favored, but it's close with the way the Cowboys have played as of late. I look forward to the QB play as well. If Romo has any time at all, those Vikings safeties can be exploited. And Favre has been surprisingly efficient most of the year.

I think the game very well could just come down to mistakes as they seem to match up fairly evenly overall right now...which should make for a hell of a game.

One other thing for the Cowboys, they can't afford to play themselves out of scoring chances like they did early in the Philly game. Minnesota can be a much more balanced offense and can also do more to control the run as well. It will be important to capitalize on every opportunity.

I picked Minnesota to represent the NFC early in the year, and while I'm hoping for that to change () I don't know that I see enough evidence to suggest that it should. I'm all for being wrong though!
Old 01-11-2010, 08:16 AM   #24
All Star

Jasong7777's Arena

OVR: 24

If the game was played in Dallas, I would give the nod to the Cowboys. But I just can't see the Cowboys going into Minnesota and beating the Vikes. Vikings 33 Cowboys 28.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »