Home

AFC Divisional Round: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers

This is a discussion on AFC Divisional Round: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2010, 07:36 PM   #57
Fear the Friar

chilli311's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: AFC Divisional Round: New York Jets @ San Diego Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
There's always the Norv factor though. There's always that.
lol... I love how Norv is still getting hate, despite going 32-16 in San Diego, and winning playoff games every time he's been there (including in Washington).
Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 PM   #58

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

With as many key injuries as the Chargers have had the fact the Chargers have had the season they've had is nothing less of spectacular. All coaches have bad calls but, Norv can no longer be considered the main reason for the Chargers failures. I still think the Injuries could catch up to them but, at this point the back ups have had enough experience to go out and play like starters. Don't get me wrong you can't replace a star NT especially in the 3-4 but, If they fail It'll be because there was a team better than them that day.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:20 PM   #59
World Series Champions!!

Cubfan's Arena

OVR: 20

Go Bolts. Im worried about this match up. Can our o-line protect Phillip Rivers? Can the Chargers defense stop the run.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:42 PM   #60
All Star

franch1se's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: AFC Divisional Round: Jets @ Chargers

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Yup that was last season. How many times in a row before that was San Diego heavily favored and still lost to the Jets? Last season was more then exception than the rule given the Chargers history vs. the Jets over the last decade or so.
we didn't have Rivers those other times, he has uncanny ability to just win and pull through. I have faith in this team and our QB.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:52 PM   #61
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsTop
You must be new here if you're just now realizing Krich is an a-hole.

Besides, it's just fun and games, right?
Right, I thought it was common knowledge.

I do like how it's all fun and games, but just in one direction. If you are going to continually show up in Charger threads and pop off, don't get mad when you get some replies.

Besides, isn't Raider fan collecting cans to make money common knowledge?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-10-2010, 08:54 PM   #62

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubfan
Go Bolts. Im worried about this match up. Can our o-line protect Phillip Rivers? Can the Chargers defense stop the run.
Got some stats of the Chargers against good/great run teams from somebody on another website.

Chargers are 7-1 against great/good running teams.

I'm worried a bit too but, I have more faith now more than ever. Last year the Chargers had the 31st or 32nd ranked defense. The running game for SD is about the same but, different...in a way. We've beaten the #2, #4, # 7, #8, #9, and #11 rushing teams this season!! Tennessee #2...best rusher in the league BY FAR, on the road, with the Titans playoff hopes on the line: BLOWN OUT.

Miami #4, a healthy Ronnie Brown and Pennington (most of the game!), blown out! Cincinnati and Dallas, both with great running games both lost to SD. We've beat all these teams and rushing yards don't mean jack if you can't score a TDs. The ONLY loss against a top rushing offense this season was against Baltimore, week two, our O-line and D-lines were a complete mess. We held them to their average, and still had a chance to win that game if not for Norv's bad call/lack of execution.

I have a lot of confidence in this team and I think the only way they lose is if they come out flat/out of sync on offense and just horrible on defense(I'm talking Steelers vs Chargers) horrible to. I'm not saying It will be easy but, I'm pretty confident about our chances against the Jets next weekend.
Old 01-10-2010, 08:55 PM   #63
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Got some stats of the Chargers against good/great run teams from somebody on another website.

Chargers are 7-1 against great/good running teams.

I'm worried a bit too but, I have more faith now more than ever. Last year the Chargers had the 31st or 32nd ranked defense. The running game for SD is about the same but, different...in a way. We've beaten the #2, #4, # 7, #8, #9, and #11 rushing teams this season!! Tennessee #2...best rusher in the league BY FAR, on the road, with the Titans playoff hopes on the line: BLOWN OUT.

Miami #4, a healthy Ronnie Brown and Pennington (most of the game!), blown out! Cincinnati and Dallas, both with great running games both lost to SD. We've beat all these teams and rushing yards don't mean jack if you can't score a TDs. The ONLY loss against a top rushing offense this season was against Baltimore, week two, our O-line and D-lines were a complete mess. We held them to their average, and still had a chance to win that game if not for Norv's bad call/lack of execution.

I have a lot of confidence in this team and I think the only way they lose is if they come out flat/out of sync on offense and just horrible on defense(I'm talking Steelers vs Chargers) horrible to. I'm not saying It will be easy but, I'm pretty confident about our chances against the Jets next weekend.
Key is to get up on the Jets early and force them to abandon the run. They don't throw the ball well enough yet to beat the Chargers throwing it.

The thing that does make me nervous is good TE's seem to give the Chargers headaches, and the Keller kid is really good. Real up and comer.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:00 PM   #64
My Head Hurts

jnofx's Arena

OVR: 11

Over/Under on this game is 42.5. I think it's safe to take the under, IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »