Home

In Your Opinion: Where Does Donovan McNabb Rank Amongst Active QBs?

This is a discussion on In Your Opinion: Where Does Donovan McNabb Rank Amongst Active QBs? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #9
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: In Your Opinion: Where Does Donovan McNabb Rank Amongst Active QBs?

the fact he is usually in the top 10 every year would suggest he is a good qb. but his hardware cabinet is empty. I think injuries he has had over his career where he has missed games and season's his stats doesn't look that well. overall he has been a good qb for the eagles. he has made it possible for them to add skill and quality players to the team. unfornately for him he will be the next to go . the team is young and should have a qb that can grow with them also.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
the fact he is usually in the top 10 every year would suggest he is a good qb. but his hardware cabinet is empty. I think injuries he has had over his career where he has missed games and season's his stats doesn't look that well. overall he has been a good qb for the eagles. he has made it possible for them to add skill and quality players to the team. unfornately for him he will be the next to go . the team is young and should have a qb that can grow with them also.
How many active QB's have SB rings?

1. Favre (a million years ago)
2. Warner
3. Brady
4. Roethlisberger
5. Peyton
6. Eli

Six...Six starting Qb's have "hardware"
Old 01-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #11
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Right now I'd put these guys ahead of McNabb and who I'd want as my QB (in no order):

Romo
Rodgers
Brees
Ryan
Warner
Brady
Flacco
Roethlisberger
P Manning
Rivers

That's today. However, McNabb-eManning-Favre are all pretty close IMO, with Sanchez looking not to far behind.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:42 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 17

After looking at some numbers i'm probably not giving him enough credit. I would rate him about middle of the pack or so I guess.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:43 PM   #13
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
Right now I'd put these guys ahead of McNabb and who I'd want as my QB (in no order):

Romo
Rodgers
Brees
Ryan
Warner
Brady
Flacco
Roethlisberger
P Manning
Rivers

That's today. However, McNabb-eManning-Favre are all pretty close IMO, with Sanchez looking not to far behind.
lol at choosing Matt Ryan (love him, but has not accomplished diddly squat in the NFL) and Joe Flacco (carried by his running game and defense...10 passes?!??) over a 5 time pro bowler with 8 playoff wins on his resume who was let down by his defense and coaching this year.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:47 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFCBeast55
lol bottom third? You're tripping. So you're saying he's one of the 10 worst starting QB's in football?

1. Stafford/Culpepper
2. Jay Cutler
3. Josh Freeman
4. Delhomme/Moore
5. Alex Smith
6. Matt Hasselbeck
7. Marc Bulger
8. Jason Campbell
9. Jamarcus Russell
10. Matt Cassel
11. Kyle Orton

There, that's 11 guys who have had worse stats and worse records than McNabb over the past couple of years (Aka, they're worse).

Now, that's leaving out...

12. David Garrard
13. Vince Young
14. Quinn/Anderson
15. Joe Flacco
16. Chad Henne
17. Insert Bills QB here
18. Mark Sanchez
19. Matt Ryan

That's 19 guys who are definitely worse than McNabb based on statistics and wins. So, he's in the top half at least, and an argument could be made that he's better than the likes of Palmer (has never won a playoff game and his stats are declining), Schaub (never made the playoffs and this was his first good year), Eli Manning, and Romo.

So, in closing, you're clueless.
Alot of those guys also play on far worse teams. Ever think of that? One of the guys you listed (Matt Cassell) is a great example of what a QB will do on two different levels of teams. Stats don't always tell the whole story dude. Might want to consider basic common sense points like that before calling somebody "clueless". Put mcNabb on the Chiefs and let's see how well he does.

And yeah, a few of those guys on your list I would absolutely take over present-day McNabb.
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 6

Right now I would go

Peyton Manning
Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Philip Rivers
Drew Brees
Donovan McNabb
Kurt Warner
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-12-2010, 12:55 PM   #16
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

i don't totally agree with the last post if mcnabb was on a team that actually ran the ball he would probably have had at least one ring. many of mcnabbs injury was because he ran the ball on the goal line and was jumped on or scrambling . if he didn't have to do that most of the time and hand the ball off he would be up right most of the time. if he was to go to another team he would probably surprise many. his ability to get the ball down the field makes him valuable if he was tighter with his short stuff under pressure we wouldn't be having this convo. plus of the top ten qb other than warner and farve he is the oldest and has played longer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »