Home

Are the Chiefs becoming the 2000s Patriots?

This is a discussion on Are the Chiefs becoming the 2000s Patriots? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 27
Re: Are the Chiefs becoming the 2000s Patriots?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
Yeah I mean, they are the Chiefs...or as my KC friend calls them..The Chefs...LOL
Nah, Chefs are a good thing.

I've heard them called the "queefs". Now that accurately reflects their sputtering offense and their lack of toughness at the same time.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:39 PM   #18
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
Brady was a nobody w/o Weis. The Chiefs have some talent in key places and the draft this year should help.

Remember, the Pats went 5-11 in their 2000 season. I think with the coordinators the Chiefs have and w/a good eye like Pioli in as head man they have the eery potential to be this decade's Pats.
Well, Brady was a rookie in 2000, he only attempted 3 passes that year, and he didn't take over as the starter until the following year... so I don't understand how he could be classified as being a nobody without Weis. Actually, both he and Weis built their legacies together. I think we can safely say that Brady has been just fine without Weis, if not better in some ways...

However, I liked the Patriots offensive playcalling logic better when Weis was there, because, well, it was better. It was more sensible.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:46 PM   #19
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Well, Brady was a rookie in 2000, he only attempted 3 passes that year, and he didn't take over as the starter until the following year... so I don't understand how he could be classified as being a nobody without Weis. Actually, both he and Weis built their legacies together. I think we can safely say that Brady has been just fine without Weis, if not better in some ways...

However, I liked the Patriots offensive playcalling logic better when Weis was there, because, well, it was better. It was more sensible.
Of course he's been fine w/o Weis; he learned the system and how to perform in it for nearly 5 years. Weis was OC for the Jets from 97-99...Testeverde arguable had his best year and Weis actually made Ray Lucas a decent QB during his tenure so you actually believe that it wouldn't have mattered who was OC when Brady came up in that '01 season?
Old 01-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #20
Go Titans..

OVR: 34

They go 8-8 at best next season. The Cheifs' defense just needs a totally new group. On offense Cassel pretty much sucks , and they're just going down hill. Doubt they even get 6 wins next year...
Old 01-13-2010, 06:59 PM   #21
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Of course he's been fine w/o Weis; he learned the system and how to perform in it for nearly 5 years. Weis was OC for the Jets from 97-99...Testeverde arguable had his best year and Weis actually made Ray Lucas a decent QB during his tenure so you actually believe that it wouldn't have mattered who was OC when Brady came up in that '01 season?
Oh gosh I hate the system argument. If one system was better than all the others, every team in the NFL would use it. It was Brady.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
Banned

OVR: 6

Cassel played fine last year...
Old 01-14-2010, 12:01 AM   #23
MVP

Quote:
I never said or even implied that...

You said Brady was nobody without Weis. I'm saying that they both built their legacies together. Weis has a long track record, we know that. But people don't remember Weis as an offensive guru because of what he did prior to the New England dynasty... they know him best because of the New England dynasty and what he did to help make it happen.
Old 01-14-2010, 06:45 AM   #24
In Dalton I Trust

Buckeyes_Doc's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Well I wasn't saying that they're the next dynasty. I'm saying they're up and coming and could be a very good team if all the pieces fall in place right.
It sounds like that. You compared them to the 2000s Patriots who were a dynasty.

I think it is really too early to tell. Hell any team in 5 years from now can turn things around and be good. Look at Arizona and Cincinnati.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »