Home

Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams, 26, died

This is a discussion on Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams, 26, died within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 62
Re: Chicago Bears defensive end Gaines Adams, 26, died

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lintyfresh85
No one had problems with it in the Brittany Murphy thread.
Exactly......

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I don't really care to discuss the latter unless something about a drug problem comes out. It just seems kind of ignorant to jump to conclusions about someone you don't know ANYTHING about. Not to mention, the whole respect for the dead thing. So yeah, I'll wait.
I know as much to speculate it could have been drug related as anyone else here does to say it was a genetic defect. PEDs are part of professional sports today. Speculating his death could have stemmed from that is not disrespectful in anyway.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 12

I get the speculation, but maybe some of you could wait more than 10 minutes after his death was announced...jus' sayin
Old 01-17-2010, 12:30 PM   #35
D* W*rk!

Rocky's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Exactly......

I know as much to speculate it could have been drug related as anyone else here does to say it was a genetic defect. PEDs are part of professional sports today. Speculating his death could have stemmed from that is not disrespectful in anyway.
What if one of your loved ones died,you happened to look on this forum, and someone said "it was probably drugs"? How would that make you feel?

It's about respect man.
"Maybe I can't win. But to beat me, he's going to have to kill me. And to kill me, he's gonna have to have the heart to stand in front of me. And to do that, he's got to be willing to die himself. I don't know if he's ready to do that."
-Rocky Balboa
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-17-2010, 12:34 PM   #36
Banned

OVR: 62

Would I care what some anonymous poster on a sports message board said? Not at all.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:47 PM   #37
Banned

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremym480
I don't really care to discuss the latter unless something about a drug problem comes out. It just seems kind of ignorant to jump to conclusions about someone you don't know ANYTHING about. Not to mention, the whole respect for the dead thing. So yeah, I'll wait.
As others have said when a young person dies from a heart attack, its generally drug use or a genetic defect. I was just throwing it out there as one of the possibilities (since other posters listed all the posibilities except that) and not jumping to conclusions at all. Having said that, I do agree such talk can lead to rumors/speculation and he deserves the benefit of the doubt.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:48 PM   #38
MVP

OVR: 19

I don't remember anybody saying it was probably drugs, they just brought up the possibility. Everything I've heard about Gaines off-the-field was good. Didn't hear any complaints about character issues.

That being said, when I first saw the report on NFL Countdown, one of my first thoughts was a drug-related possibility. Not because I thought Gaines was a user, I have absolutely no reason to think he was, but because there have been so many celebrity/athlete related incidents/deaths in the past 20 years. Our culture is so drug-influenced that it is very difficult to at least not have a passing thought about it.

Food for thought - I heard a psychologist recently say, in his opinion, that our country began self-medicating because of some of the tragic losses and traumatic events it sustained in the 60's and 70's (MLK, JFK, Vietnam), which bled over into the culture of the last few generations so that it is intertwined with our everyday living.
Acts 2:38. Let the truth be told.
John 4:23. He is seeking a seeker.
John 3:20. Say no to normal.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:49 PM   #39
Chaos Theory

19's Arena

OVR: 29

On 670 WSCR in Chicago, they say 3 different Doctor's have said probable Heart Attack/Heart Condition... FWIW.
Old 01-17-2010, 12:59 PM   #40
YNWA

ImTellinTim's Arena

OVR: 32

RIP.

So our first two picks next year have been traded for Cutler and a guy who isn't living anymore. Great.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »