Home

NFC Championship Game: Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

This is a discussion on NFC Championship Game: Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-18-2010, 05:58 PM   #81
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: NFC Championship Game: Minnesota Vikings @ New Orleans Saints

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobia
Did Bush show up or what. I swear Kim must of gave him a "Happy Beginning" because boy came out running like we have not seen him do before. Laying the shoulder.....whatttttt!!!!!
they played the sorry cardinals defense who just had to run a marathon last week in the shootout with GB, Maurice Morris put up 126 on the 'aints "defense" less than a month ago

Quote:
Now about the Vikes Saints. I truly feel the Saints should win this game. Not because I am a Louisiana boy but because I truly feel Brees is the most underrated QB in the game today. I think if the Vikings send their front 4 with Allen and company the Saints are going to run the ball on them. If they send the heat often, expect Brees to pick them apart.
you think that the vikings might send their front 4?!?!?! ha well duh and you think that only then 'aints will try to run on them????? good luck! the vikings are killer at stopping the run, first of all they won't miss all the tackles the cards did and we're the type of the team to play straight up on run and will let u guys try all day we'll just hit ya right back in the mouth.

Quote:
Also if you noticed they had Bush all over the field this last game. He was lining up in the slot, out wide, in the backfield, motioning out the back field, etc. Just all over the place, you can't match up with that speed, cutting ability, and his hands.
Ever heard of Percy Harvin??? Vikings finally used him all over the field on Sunday and his speed, cutting ability, and hands are just as good if not significantly better than Bush is all aspects, team that up with All Day Adrian Peterson on the field at the same time and again good luck...

Quote:

Look for Bush to have another good game. Then Brees finishing them through the air.

Vikings - 21
Saints - 35
ya we'll seee about that

First the Saints are in the bottom barrel of the league as far as defense goes and their offensive stats are VERY comparable with he vikings....

they only averaged 24.2 more yards and 2.5 more points than us but that is not taking into account the weak defenses the saints beat up on and the fact that vikings rested their starters MANY times this season sometimes as early as the 3rd

we just put up 78 points in the past two games against some pretty damn good defenses while only allowing 10 points against two teams ESPN in preseason had picked both to make playoffs and one to make the NFC championships

18-3 in the past two seasons playing under fixed roofs. Up here in minnesota the "big easy" superdome is just another bump in the road to miami

Last edited by RandyMoss84; 01-18-2010 at 06:16 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 07:08 PM   #82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyMoss84
they played the sorry cardinals defense who just had to run a marathon last week in the shootout with GB, Maurice Morris put up 126 on the 'aints "defense" less than a month ago

you think that the vikings might send their front 4?!?!?! ha well duh and you think that only then 'aints will try to run on them????? good luck! the vikings are killer at stopping the run, first of all they won't miss all the tackles the cards did and we're the type of the team to play straight up on run and will let u guys try all day we'll just hit ya right back in the mouth.
These same Cardinals that you refer to did beat the Vikings just as the Cowboys beat the Saints. Both teams had sloppy endings to their regular seasons.
Old 01-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #83
Banned

OVR: 47

At the Cards house not at the Dome. Either way it will be a good game. I think the front 4 will give Brees some troubles, but if you think you are going to run on the Vikings. Good luck there. The Williams Wall will be ready and if Ray can do what he did against the Cowboys it will be a long day for the Saints offense. If they get pressure on Brett and AD can't get it going it will be a long day for the Vikings. The Vikings Secondary is going to have to play great and that has been a problem. But if the Vikings can get their running game going and I have a feeling they will it should give the Vikings the edge, but the biggest edge in my opinion is that it is played in New Orleans. That crowd will be very loud!
Old 01-18-2010, 08:44 PM   #84
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Maurice Morris put up 126 on the 'aints "defense" less than a month ago
Quote:
ok. A shootout is more than welcome.
Quote:
Ever heard of Percy Harvin??? Vikings finally used him all over the field on Sunday and his speed, cutting ability, and hands are just as good if not significantly better than Bush is all aspects, team that up with All Day Adrian Peterson on the field at the same time and again good luck...
That's a purdy exciting story, what next Lies on Ice?
Quote:
First the Saints are in the bottom barrel of the league as far as defense goes and their offensive stats are VERY comparable with he vikings....they only averaged 24.2 more yards and 2.5 more points than us
you don't say.
Quote:
but that is not taking into account the weak defenses the saints beat up on and the fact that vikings rested their starters MANY times this season sometimes as early as the 3rd
Is that what they call it these days? Because I call it 4 losses.
Quote:
we just put up 78 points in the past two games against some pretty damn good defenses while only allowing 10 points against two teams ESPN in preseason had picked both to make playoffs and one to make the NFC championships
WERE DOOMED.
Quote:
18-3 in the past two seasons playing under fixed roofs. Up here in minnesota the "big easy" superdome is just another bump in the road to miami
glad to hear it.

I hate to bust your bubble but evreything you just said doesn't make a **** come Sunday.

@AdamdotH
Old 01-18-2010, 08:45 PM   #85
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

OVR: 40

He's not even a Vikings fan, don't worry about him. He's just a bandwagoner.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2010, 08:46 PM   #86
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by no juice
These same Cardinals that you refer to did beat the Vikings just as the Cowboys beat the Saints. Both teams had sloppy endings to their regular seasons.
we didn't loose at home and aren't too concerned. we've only been thinking about one season in minnesota since august and thats the postseason
Old 01-18-2010, 08:49 PM   #87
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
we didn't loose at home and aren't too concerned. we've only been thinking about one season in minnesota since august and thats the postseason
You realize this game isn't at home, right? The Vikes 4-4 record on the road is cause for plenty of concern by itself. Factor in that the Superdome is the loudest place in the league and i'd be very worried.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-18-2010, 08:52 PM   #88
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
You realize this game isn't at home, right? The Vikes 4-4 record on the road is cause for plenty of concern by itself. Factor in that the Superdome is the loudest place in the league and i'd be very worried.
18-3 last 2 years in fixed roofs with turf. Sure its loud there but nothing to worry us

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »