Home

John Clayton's Top Ten QB's of All-Time List

This is a discussion on John Clayton's Top Ten QB's of All-Time List within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 12:16 AM   #17
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: John Clayton's Top Ten QB's of All-Time List

An argument can be made that Favre's offenses were never as talented as that of many other quarterbacks on this list, yet he's still been a top-flight quarterback for a longer duration of time than anyone on this list.

Examples: Bradshaw had Stallworth and Swann to throw to. Later in his career, Elway had Rod Smith, Hands McCaffery, and Shannon Sharpe catching passes (not knowledgeable of Elway's earlier years in league). Montana had Rice (maybe John Taylor and Dwight Clark as well, not sure). Manning has almost always had some combination of Harrison, Wayne, and Clark. Unitas had Mackey and Berry. Brady currently has Moss and Welker, though I am aware that he won all three of his Super Bowls without them.

That notwithstanding, Favre is still one of only two players to win three or more MVP awards (Manning won his fourth this year), and Favre won all of his MVP awards consecutively.

I'm not trying to put Favre at the top of this list, as I don't know enough about some of these guys to argue for Favre over each of them I'm uneducated about. My point is more towards the Favre detractors who say he doesn't belong in this discussion; he does.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 AM   #18
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
My thoughts are that I think Brett Favre is better than Otto Graham.
Otto Graham won 82.5 percent of the games in his career. I would have Favre high on my list, but that one fact on Graham is enough for me to be okay with where Favre is in relation to Graham on that list.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:33 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Hello, single season least interception record?

Oh, and hes won more superbowls than Marino and the same as Manning. Your point is invalid.

2007-2008 NFC Championship: Special Teams miss a fumble by RW McQuarters that couldve sealed the game at the end as they wouldve been in fieldgoal range.

2004-2005 Wildcard Game: The defense couldn't stop Randy Moss with a freakin severely sprained ankle. The infamous moon incident.

2003-2004 Divisional Game: The Packers defense couldnt stop the Eagles on a 4th and 26 to seal the game and they later lose in OT.

2002-2003 Wildcard Game: Half the team is injured. Botched calls by the refs like a botched punt that was never touched by Tyrone Williams leads to a 27-7 defeat. Brett Favre's main wide receiver was Robert Ferguson as Donald Driver had a fractured collarbone and Terry Glenn was out with a concussion. Nuff said.

2001-2002 Divisonal Game: I give that one to Favre.

Need I go on?

Bottomline is, you can blame Favre for all that, but that is just totally ignorant to place it all on him.
I think the best QB ever is Dan Marino, so you know I'll never blame the QB for a team's failures. The only postseason failures I put directly on Favre are the three I listed. Other than the six INT game, Favre had the opportunity, regardless of how the game had gone before that moment, to take the game over and lead his team to victory. A top 10 all time QB takes advantage of that opportunity, yet favre didn't. These weren't situations where Favre was playing a vastly superior opponent.

Also, what is the "single season least interception record"?
Old 01-20-2010, 12:45 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I think the best QB ever is Dan Marino, so you know I'll never blame the QB for a team's failures. The only postseason failures I put directly on Favre are the three I listed. Other than the six INT game, Favre had the opportunity, regardless of how the game had gone before that moment, to take the game over and lead his team to victory. A top 10 all time QB takes advantage of that opportunity, yet favre didn't. These weren't situations where Favre was playing a vastly superior opponent.

Also, what is the "single season least interception record"?
He set the record for least interceptions thrown in a season this year with seven.

I believe the 2001 Rams were a vastly superior opponent to the Packers that year.

And basically what you are saying is you are putting three of Favres failures directly on him, in how many postseason appearances? Thats pretty damn good.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:00 AM   #21
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by marq
My thoughts are that his list is ludicrous since he has Peyton at 8th. I'll stick with Trent Dilfer's opinion who thinks Peyton Manning is the greatest of all time.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

Last edited by z Revis; 01-20-2010 at 01:17 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 01:04 AM   #22
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
He set the record for least interceptions thrown in a season this year with seven.
A) Aaron Rodgers also threw 7 INT's this year, so Favre isn't alone.

B) Favre is the only QB to throw over 30 TD's and 7 or less INT's. I think that's the record you mean.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:09 AM   #23
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
No he didn't.. ?

I'm not sure what the record is, but I know it's not 7 because David Garrard only threw 3 picks in his 2007 season.

EDIT: Yeah what WAAW said above.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-20-2010, 01:12 AM   #24
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
No he didn't.. ?

I'm not sure what the record is, but I know it's not 7 because David Garrard only threw 3 picks in his 2007 season.

EDIT: Yeah what WAAW said above.
I stand corrected, even still.......pretty darn good feat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »