Home

John Clayton's Top Ten QB's of All-Time List

This is a discussion on John Clayton's Top Ten QB's of All-Time List within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-20-2010, 01:29 AM   #33
MVP

bukktown's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: John Clayton's Top Ten QB's of All-Time List

I think that Kurt Warner is one heck of a QB too. He also has the highest 'TD/games played' ratio in the playoffs of anyone in history according to the stats that FOX showed on sunday.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLmatic
Peyton Manning isn't even better than Tom Brady so bump all this "greatest ever" talk. Last time I checked Brady-3 Manning-1. Why does it seem as if the post season is being overlooked in a lot of these lists? Its about finishing the race and winning. Not just being able to say you lead for most of the race but lost in the end.
Will people, such as you, ever learn that Super Bowls are not an individual achievement? "Brady-3 Manning-1" is the oldest argument in the book, and so overused.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 01-20-2010, 01:32 AM   #35
Banned

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeAreAllWitnesses
No, it doesn't. Throwing a bad INT in OT of the NFC Championship, throwing 6 INT's in a Playoff game, this game, and last season's Jets collapse all certainly seem to point to it.

The only way he can make all that go away is if he wins the Super Bowl again.
Like I said, the Special Teams picked up a fumble by RW McQuarters on a punt that wouldve had the Packers in fieldgoal range, but the dumb*** tried to run with it instead of fall down and lost it. So blaming Favre on the NFC Championship is bullcrap.

I give you the Rams, but the 2001 Rams were vastly superior, while you say they werent.

The Jets collapse was because he tore his bicep, the coaches knew about it and didnt bench his ***, and look what happened? That cant be put on him either.

Quote:
Huh? He still gets bashed to this day. All the time. There's multiple people who still call him a choker and say that his defense carried him to the Super Bowl. Hell, there's one poster in the Jets/Colts thread that said he hopes the Colts get to the Super Bowl so he can see how great Peyton truly is, going up against the Vikes or Saints, and no Rex Grossman this time.
Then he is ignorant as well. Im sure the defense carried them in that AFC title game where Peyton had to lead a comeback. HA!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2010, 01:37 AM   #36
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatisback
Like I said, the Special Teams picked up a fumble by RW McQuarters on a punt that wouldve had the Packers in fieldgoal range, but the dumb*** tried to run with it instead of fall down and lost it. So blaming Favre on the NFC Championship is bullcrap.

I give you the Rams, but the 2001 Rams were vastly superior, while you say they werent.

The Jets collapse was because he tore his bicep, the coaches knew about it and didnt bench his ***, and look what happened? That cant be put on him either.
Favre had the ball at the end of a game with a chance to win and he threw a terrible interception. Regardless of whatever else happened in that game, Favre had the ball with a chance to win and he threw it away. I blame him.

Regarding the Jets, so Favre couldn't have said to his coaches "my shoulder hurts, I think i'll sit out"?
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Favre had the ball at the end of a game with a chance to win and he threw a terrible interception. Regardless of whatever else happened in that game, Favre had the ball with a chance to win and he threw it away. I blame him.

Regarding the Jets, so Favre couldn't have said to his coaches "my shoulder hurts, I think i'll sit out"?
If the fumble thing wouldve happened correctly, they wouldve taken the ball out of Favres hands and wouldnt have had to go to OT. Unless you throw like five picks in a game, the blame cant be squarely on anyones because the team shouldn't have even been in that position to begin with.

They did know and they said he was their best chance to win because Kellen Clemens sucks. He even told them he'd sit.

Last edited by hatisback; 01-20-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:41 AM   #38
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

Quote:
They did know and they said he was their best chance to win because Kellen Clemens sucks. He even told them he'd sit.
You're right. I believe everything Favre says. Remember when he retired and stayed gone? I think my favorite trait of his is his honesty.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:43 AM   #39
Banned

Quote:
You're right. I believe everything Favre says. Remember when he retired and stayed gone? I think my favorite trait of his is his honesty.
Even still, they knew and they thought he was their best chance. Blame the coaching, not Favre.
Old 01-20-2010, 01:47 AM   #40
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

Quote:
Even still, they knew and they thought he was their best chance. Blame the coaching, not Favre.
Per USA Today:
"It was a decision that we made collectively and Brett was part of it," Tannenbaum said. "We just felt he gave us the best chance to win and that was based on how he was playing and how the team was doing. Again, he was part of that decision, but collectively, we thought that was in the best interest of the team."

So, what I get out of that is if Favre had said to them "hey, I want to sit" he would have been on the bench.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »