Home

Todd Mcshay makes my blood boil!

This is a discussion on Todd Mcshay makes my blood boil! within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-30-2010, 01:48 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 30
Re: Todd Mcshay makes my blood boil!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
You didn't think it was back then? Russell was a 6'6, 250 lbs giant with one of the strongest arms ever.
And everyone who had ever watched him knew he wasn't good at football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby the Monday after the Moss trade
You drafted a QB who's only really good asset bombing it out, and then trade the best deep threat in football?! Hmmmm...
Old 01-30-2010, 01:53 PM   #50
Rookie

MVP23's Arena

OVR: 9

Me 2

Miami Heat

Miami Marlins
Old 01-30-2010, 02:05 PM   #51
Hall Of Fame

BlueNGold's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
And everyone who had ever watched him knew he wasn't good at football.
Yeah but in that Mayock quote, he wasn't saying he was going to be a great QB. He said his ceiling/potential is the highest he's ever seen since Elway.

We're probably seeing the same thing with Taylor Mays. Someone is going to take him high in the draft and that's gonna be mostly based off the fact he's a linebacker sized safety, so scouts are going crazy about the potential he has with that size, just like Russell.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 02:18 PM   #52
Pro

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I don't know why anyone other than Domers would think that Clausen is a top pick.
Clausen = Tim Couch

Pacers/Heat
Michigan

Old 01-30-2010, 02:20 PM   #53
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371
Those players at Notre Dame are pretty overrated. Did you never watch them this year when their receivers occasionally turned into drop professionals? After all, Matt Leinart played with great talent and shredded lesser competition and he sucks, so I fail to see how you judge a QB based on that. Tim Couch shredded lesser competition with lesser talent and he sucked, so I fail to see how you judge a QB based on that. Why is it so hard to comprehend that a guy that's productive, has a strong arm, and a good football IQ is being considered the best NFL QB prospect?
Three 1st round pass receivers arent overrated! Golden Tate was one of the most physically imposing WR I have ever seen. Micheal Floyd can out jump any CB in college. And Klye Rudolph is a prototype pass catching TE. Against the likes of Wash. St, Purdue, and Nevada.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #54
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNGold
Yeah but in that Mayock quote, he wasn't saying he was going to be a great QB. He said his ceiling/potential is the highest he's ever seen since Elway.

We're probably seeing the same thing with Taylor Mays. Someone is going to take him high in the draft and that's gonna be mostly based off the fact he's a linebacker sized safety, so scouts are going crazy about the potential he has with that size, just like Russell.
Actually Taylor Mays had the worst week so far at the Senior Bowl. They were saying his stock has dropped immensely this week. He couldn't cover, showed poor instincts, and really raised a lot of doubts about if he can play CF for a team in the NFL. He'll still get drafted, but the articles I read said he had fallen out of the first round with his performance.
Old 01-30-2010, 02:30 PM   #55
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

JaMarcus Russell probably has the strongest arm in league history and has great mobility for his size. Ofcourse if your poking a prodding him in a t-shirt and shorts your going drool over a 6'6 QB with that kind of gun for an arm. ONCE AGAIN the QB position is first cerebral then accuracy and then arm strength. Its easy to be accurate when you dont have to read defensives. Russell problem isnt his accuracy its his decision making. Which will never be fixed if he continues to be lazy.

To say an analyst is off because he simply says a guys physical potential exceeds all other QB's he's evalutate is missing the point.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2010, 02:33 PM   #56
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsforever
Actually Taylor Mays had the worst week so far at the Senior Bowl. They were saying his stock has dropped immensely this week. He couldn't cover, showed poor instincts, and really raised a lot of doubts about if he can play CF for a team in the NFL. He'll still get drafted, but the articles I read said he had fallen out of the first round with his performance.
This has been his problem all season not just the Senior Bowl. But he'll run a 4.3 flat bench press 225 a million times and the Raiders will draft him with their 1st round pick.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »