Home

The Cardinals QB Situation 2010

This is a discussion on The Cardinals QB Situation 2010 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: This year, what should the Arizona Cardinals do to fix their QB situation?
A. Make Matt Leinart the starter 32 66.67%
B. Draft a QB in the upcoming draft 5 10.42%
C. Sign a veteran QB 11 22.92%
Voters: 48. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #33
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: The Cardinals QB Situation 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Anyone that takes Tebow in the 1st or 2nd round as a QB is out of their mind... especially a team that currently only has an unproven Leinart in front of him. It's not just the talent on the team needed to be successful with that offense, it's also the talent (read mostly speed) of everyone on the defenses they'll be playing against. I could see him being that 3rd to 5th rounder you're talking about, but not to start any sooner than 2012 or get any more reps than Pat White did this year.
Oh, I don't think Tebow merits such a high pick as a traditional QB but at the same time, where exactly could he go? As a QB most would say 3rd or 4th round, I agree, but then you throw in all the intangibles: him as a person, leadership intangibles, freakish athleticsm & size, work ethic, etc. Think about it Matt Jones went in the 1st round and he was being projected as an "athlete" coming into that draft. Jones had a reputation for being a slacker, having less than adequate QB skills, and he was no where the specimen as Tebow. So to say Tebow can't go that high doesn't necessarily mean he won't. The Draft is crazy like that.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:15 PM   #34
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgreazy1
Oh, I don't think Tebow merits such a high pick as a traditional QB but at the same time, where exactly could he go? As a QB most would say 3rd or 4th round, I agree, but then you throw in all the intangibles: him as a person, leadership intangibles, freakish athleticsm & size, work ethic, etc. Think about it Matt Jones went in the 1st round and he was being projected as an "athlete" coming into that draft. Jones had a reputation for being a slacker, having less than adequate QB skills, and he was no where the specimen as Tebow. So to say Tebow can't go that high doesn't necessarily mean he won't. The Draft is crazy like that.
Matt Jones was set to be WR come draft time though. Guys like Pat White have specific physical skill sets to make the experiment worthwhile. You're right about Tebow's intangibles but I think they skyrocket his draft projection at another position but he seems dead set on being QB. Troy Smith was a 6th round pick with lesser but similar intangibles and better QB skills (granted not the same frame). It's a position that's pretty risky to take early with the type of money QBs get and the amount of time (all or none) on the field dedicated to the position. Could he go that high? Of course. But I still think the team that takes him that high is out of their mind. He's no lock to "get it" with all the work he has to do, and I don't know of a team that has absolutely no needs in other places to make the risk worth it that high in the draft. We both know there are owners/gms that are indeed out of their mind so it's not impossible.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:26 PM   #35
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Arizona and Minnesota are in the same boat with issue. as far as arizona goes leinart gets the keys he does right or wrong he must be given a full 16 weeks to see his football smarts. picking up a vet won't hurt it just depends who. no sense picking anyone who has been in the league longer who has no playoff or big experience.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2010, 03:40 PM   #36
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

The only veteran QB FA/backup I think could succeed as a viable backup/2nd option is Kerry Collins, but I doubt Tennessee releases him. He's got a big arm and can take shots down the field. Jeff Garcia is out there too but I'm sure the Cards will shy away mainly because of arm strength even though the guy simply knows how to win.
Old 02-01-2010, 04:15 PM   #37
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
The only veteran QB FA/backup I think could succeed as a viable backup/2nd option is Kerry Collins, but I doubt Tennessee releases him. He's got a big arm and can take shots down the field. Jeff Garcia is out there too but I'm sure the Cards will shy away mainly because of arm strength even though the guy simply knows how to win.
Kerry will retire i think i don't he'll be available
Old 02-01-2010, 10:02 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
I wouldn't mind seeing Garica in AZ as the backup vet. The dude is a competitor and he's a lot better than AZ QB's of the past and present such as Plummer, McCown or St. Pierre. As far as arm strength goes, I never considered the Cardinals receivers as deep threats, so it really shouldn't matter.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »