Home

LaDainian Tomlinson's Future

This is a discussion on LaDainian Tomlinson's Future within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-04-2010, 10:33 AM   #1
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46
LaDainian Tomlinson's Future

Quote:
Tomlinson Disappointed in Chargers Season

LaDainian Tomlinson is not happy about the status of the Chargers, both on and off the field. Tomlinson was interviewed on San Diego sports radio station XX 1090 Scott and BR show Tuesday about his team's quick exit from the playoffs, and the focus of some of his teammates.

"There's a big part of this year where for whatever reason, I didn't feel connected - as far as the team - the kind of unity, togetherness, family," Tomlinson said. "I didn't feel that at times in the season. That was a problem in the locker room."

Tomlinson is coming off the least productive season of his career, which may factor into his frustrations. His 223 carries for 730 yards were both the lowest of his career, and the first time he's ever finished with less than 1,000 yards rushing. He also only caught 20 passes, 31 receptions less than his previous low. With San Diego reducing his role, Tomlinson might be ready to move on.

"We're at a point where guys come into the league it's not about the same values no more," Tomlinson continued. "It's not about the things that you're taught - faith, family football. To them it's not about that no more… That's the thing that's so disappointing to me, is because I can't deal with that no more. If that's gonna be allowed. I just can't deal with that type of stuff."
It definitely doesn't sound like LT will be in San Diego for much longer if this is any indication. Where do you think would be a good fit for the aging runningback?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 11:27 AM   #2
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: LaDainian Tomlinson's Future

Honestly, he only has two options: go to a sellar dwellar and start or go to a capable team and be forced to share duties or be the backup. At this point in his career, age and slowed production & athleticism in the last few years, he doesn't have options. A lot of it sounds exactly like what Emmitt Smith went through with the "diamond surrounded by trash" comments where the man is merely frustrated.

When a RB is done in the league he is done. I'm not saying LT should hang it up but the end is very near. It's such a physical position that there is no coming back and rarely is their a rejuvination of their careers. Look at the more recent 1000 yard, household-named RBs who's careers simply just ended: Deuce McAllister, Eddie George, Rudi Johnson, Corey Dillon, Fred Taylor, Jamal Lewis, Edgerin James, etc and the common denominator is there is no fountain of youth or rebirth for a player at that position.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:00 PM   #3
MVP

OVR: 18

i know i saw a rumor that he would head to the titans and team up with chris johnson.

he can either stay in san diego and be upset while sharing duties, move on to a terrible team and be a feature back running in quicksand, or he could go to a contender or above-average team and help out, but his days as a premier featured running back are over.
Old 02-04-2010, 12:07 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 15

After the season he had, he won't have the kind of leverage to go to a contender and be the LT we're used to seeing
Old 02-04-2010, 12:41 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 18

i don't think he needs leverage. i'm almost sure the chargers would let him go if he asked to leave, because it would save them money and they could save face. instead of leading a wounded dog out into a pasture and shooting him, they could just let him go free.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #6
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

It doesn't sound like he's too concerned with touches. Sounds like his issue is more with team unity, and the mentality of players on his team and the NFL in general.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:43 PM   #7
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
It doesn't sound like he's too concerned with touches. Sounds like his issue is more with team unity, and the mentality of players on his team and the NFL in general.
That's pretty much what I got from his statement too. LT is a humble dude, I don't think he'd mind playing second fiddle on another team if it was the right fit.
Old 02-04-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

I wouldn't mind him on the Pats.

It would be doubtful, though, and I would rather they spend their money re-signing Wilfork, Bodden, and giving Brady an extension.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »