Home

Goodell to ban the 3 point stance?

This is a discussion on Goodell to ban the 3 point stance? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-08-2010, 06:38 PM   #49
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Goodell to ban the 3 point stance?

In my opinion its just like joining the armed forces. Go ahead and sign up, but dont bitch later about the consequences of what you are doing. You know what you are getting into when you join.
Old 02-08-2010, 06:52 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Exactly

When was the last time you saw a player getting a concussion getting out of their stance on the LOS?

Eliminating the three point stance would result in a game that isn't football. The flag football comparisons are accurate because there would be no running game.
Read the Gladwell's New Yorker article above. Kyle Turley said at the end of a long drive he only saw stars. There are ton of unreported concussions by linemen that never get reported.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:14 PM   #51
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
I'm all for making the game safer and reducing concussions, but I don't really know how much eliminating the 3 point stance is going to reduce concussions.
Exactly. If they were truly concerned about concussions and head injuries, they'd just outlaw tackling and any physical contact period.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 07:15 PM   #52
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
Read the Gladwell's New Yorker article above. Kyle Turley said at the end of a long drive he only saw stars. There are ton of unreported concussions by linemen that never get reported.
If they never get reported, how do you know they have concussions?
Old 02-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #53
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
If they never get reported, how do you know they have concussions?
The example is Klye Turley. He had tons of concussions and played through the head injuries.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:24 PM   #54
MVP

bgeno's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
I'm all for making the game safer and reducing concussions, but I don't really know how much eliminating the 3 point stance is going to reduce concussions.
My thoughts exactly. I totally understand helping defenseless players (WRs going for catches, QB's in the motion of throwing... I can even sort of understand the ban of blindside hits on defenders chasing the ball carrier), but banning 3-point stances isn't going to help ANYTHING in terms of injuries and concussions (aside from maybe slowing down the pass rush in general). Guys aren't getting concussions from run blocking. There's not enough built up velocity/momentum of either player in a stance (what are they, two yards apart at the most?) for the helmet to helmet to cause any damage.
Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #55
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Exactly

When was the last time you saw a player getting a concussion getting out of their stance on the LOS?

Eliminating the three point stance would result in a game that isn't football. The flag football comparisons are accurate because there would be no running game.
When in a 3 point stance many linemen block with their heads. There are many head to head contacts because of the stance. Football over the years has taken out of many plays to make football safer as a sport. The flying wedge, clothes line, grabbing on the face mask, spearing, qb protection rules, and they recently took out the wedge during the kick offs, Deacon Jones rule, Eric Williams rule and let not forget the Roy Williams rule. All those plays at one time was legal until the league decide the game would be safer without those plays.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2010, 07:28 PM   #56
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by grunt
The example is Klye Turley. He had tons of concussions and played through the head injuries.
Well Kyle Turley is a moron and has no regard for his own life. You take the risks that come with playing such a physical game. Either you choose to take those risks or you don't.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »