Home

Is Drew Brees a Hall of Famer?

This is a discussion on Is Drew Brees a Hall of Famer? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
View Poll Results: As of now do you think Drew Brees is a Hall of Famer?
Yes he's done enough 84 45.65%
Possibly, needs few more years playing at a high level 88 47.83%
Nope 12 6.52%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-12-2010, 08:17 PM   #49
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Is Drew Brees a Hall of Famer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
Are you drunk or under the influence of illegal drugs?
When in doubt, resort to a throw away HS line. Nice one. We'll leave it there.

Thanks for your input z revis.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:24 PM   #50
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
When in doubt, resort to a throw away HS line. Nice one. We'll leave it there.

Thanks for your input z revis.

When in doubt?

I murdered your abysmal, uninformed opinion.

Then, after being served you post a nonsensical response filled with laughing emoticons about how I fell for your trap.

That behavior is consistent with the actions of a person under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:52 PM   #51
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
You don't see my point Cebby?

Your wrote: "He's a four time Pro Bowler, an All Pro, and a Super Bowl MVP and he plays quarterback. He's a lock."

Mark Rypien is a two time Pro Bowler, a former All Pro (I guess that's what a Pro Bowler is right?), a Super Bowl MVP and he played QB.

Based on your criteria, Rypien, as too Brees, is a lock for the Hall right?

Disclaimer: Just to cover myself in the event the sarchasm is missed, my post is/was tongue in cheek.
I don't see how the above is too hard for one to comprehend. My bad for not illustrating my point I guess.

Each to their own.

Have a good weekend.

Cliff notes
- I believe you original post is a tad loose when stating 'He (Brees) is a lock' for the HOF when others who have similar 'criteria' (again, only based on what you wrote) aren't in the HOF.
- There was no comparing of Rypien and Brees in the 'Who is better debate?'. That is a no brainer.

Last edited by MARTZball; 02-12-2010 at 09:54 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2010, 10:12 PM   #52
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Cliff notes
- I believe you original post is a tad loose when stating 'He (Brees) is a lock' for the HOF when others who have similar 'criteria' (again, only based on what you wrote) aren't in the HOF.
Nobody has similar criteria and isn't in the Hall.

The three Super Bowl MVP quarterbacks eligible for the Hall who aren't in are Phil Simms, Mark Rypien, and Jim Plunkett.

Drew Brees has the same number of Pro Bowls as all three combined, three times as many All Pro selections as all three combined, and an offensive player of the year award.

Brees has led the NFL in 9 major statistical categories while those three never led anything once aside from Plunkett's most INTs and Simms' most sack yardage.

And of course, their Super Bowl didn't come for post-Katrina New Orleans.

In terms of personal accomplishments, the two closest to Drew Brees are Joe Namath and Troy Aikman. They're both in the Hall.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:18 PM   #53

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

All this coming from the same person who claimed the Colts "choked" the Super Bowl away simply because they were favored to win and they were up 10 points at the end of the 1st quarter...
Old 11-29-2011, 12:22 PM   #54
Train Nsane or remainsame

Feared's Arena

OVR: 18

So I got to thinking about this after watching last night's game, and remembered this thread.

Brees again is on pace to break Marino's passing yardage record that he came oh so close to in 2008. He leads the NFL in passing yardage with 3,689 passing yards through 11 games... and 4 out of the last 5 games he will play will be in-doors with favorable passing conditions. It looks like he will shatter Marino's record of 5,084 at his current pace. (Rodgers, Brady are also projected to come close to exceeding that record)

Brees has also been chasing a few other records in the past 2 seasons, He currently has a Passing Touchdown in 38 consecutive games, which is the second most next to Jonny Unitas' streak of 46 consecutive games which he has a chance at. He's 11th in all time Touchdown passes with 262, next is Joe Montana at 273. Also 13th in All time passing yardage with 38,955. Next would be Unitas in the 40k+ club.

I'm going to go ahead and say if that record falls Brees is as good as in. His contributions to revitalizing a perpetually losing franchise have been invaluable. Where would the Saints be without Brees? You could also argue that Sean Payton has been equally if not more valuable to the Saints than Brees... but where would Payton be without Brees? They are inter-joined, say if Brees went to the Dolphins in the Off-season of '06 and Payton had to settle for another choice at QB like Romo, Leinart. (which were possibilities) where would they be now?
Old 11-29-2011, 12:27 PM   #55
Next Miami Great

iAM-IncReDiBLe-'s Arena

OVR: 34
He looks like an hall of famer when I watch him play.

Sent from Jesus EVO
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-29-2011, 12:36 PM   #56
Rangers Lead The Way!!!!

ABR173rd's Arena

OVR: 20

Its hilarious that this question even needs to be asked- Drew Brees will be a first ballot Hall Of Famer..... Barring injury his number will be astronomical and will surpass Manning in most category's..... I would love to know how you can justify "Possibly" ....

Last edited by ABR173rd; 11-29-2011 at 12:43 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »