Home

Arena Football to air on NFL Network

This is a discussion on Arena Football to air on NFL Network within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-13-2010, 10:16 PM   #41
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Arena Football to air on NFL Network

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
When they began the NFL Network and I found out I was getting it, I was excited. I thought they were going to show NFL Films almost 24 hours a day, and people could really get a chance to see all those great NFL Films that haven't been aired in ages. Boy, was I wrong.

When I had the NFL Network, all I saw was stuff like the NFL Quarterback Challenge from 1998 (20 times a week, lol), NFL Total Access played on some kind of non-stop loop, and the basic NFL Films you got on ESPN throughout the mid-late 90's which were okay but ho-hum. In other words, it was crap. Total... crap. When the NFL Network was taken off my cable listing, I didn't even care.

There are enough films and specials in the NFL Films library to probably run non-stop ever-changing programming for a decade if not longer. Yet, we're treated to very little of it.

I watch the NFL Network online for free when they have something important that I need to see. I'd never pay for it in my home. The NFL just didn't get it done here.

I like Arena Football, but not enough to pay for NFL Network.
I agree here. I have a theory. Or two.

NFL films may have a contract with ESPN, who usually broadcasts their stuff. Thus NFL-N can't air the library because ESPN has primary broadcast rights. The limited content they show may be all their allowed to show.

Or.

NFL films wants to sell more DVDs. By airing the good stuff on NFL-N they may be giving the milk away for free when they could sell the cow. So to speak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-13-2010, 11:33 PM   #42
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

FYI NFL-N is showing a marathon of all (or at least most) of the NFL Follies stuff that NFL Films used to do starting at 6 AM tomorrow (Sunday)

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 02-14-2010, 05:18 PM   #43
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman42
ESPN still has NFL Matchup with Jaws and Hoge which is a great show. Unfortunately they show it at like 3 AM on Sunday mornings so no one can watch it.
Yeah I like Matchup but I still like Playbooks better. And that 3am thing is a problem too.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:16 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Arena football does not claim to be anything but an offensive showcase. The NFL claims that it's rules are fair when they clearly are not.
I agree. The NFL obviously heavily favors offense now.

If these rule changes and officiating continues to favor passing offenses, eventually people may not be able to tell much of a difference between the NFL and Arena football.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:22 PM   #45
Rookie

OVR: 3

I agree about the NFL Network sentiments shared by some on here. It's a great idea to have the network but there's hardly anything good on it.

Plus, I find Rich Eisen to be a complete D-bag. Along with Sanders and Mariucci. I think they're all pretty horrible at what they do. Not informative at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-14-2010, 07:26 PM   #46
Hard Times.

Bellsprout's Arena

OVR: 40

Eisen, Mooch, and Sanders are the first place I go at night. Not necessarily very analytical, but they're entertaining. I find Eisen hilarious. Same with Deion.

Gameday Final is pretty much the only thing I watch on the Network. Other than the Scouting Combine. Now i'll be adding Arena Football to that. Love the Arena game. Should be fun.
A lot of you guys seem pretty cool, but you have wieners.
Old 02-20-2010, 02:47 PM   #47
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Why only the nfl network. That ain't fair to the people who haven't got direct tv are dish network. I love my cable. One channel is not worth it.O well good luck to arena football on the NFL network.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »