Home

Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

This is a discussion on Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-18-2010, 02:00 PM   #73
Banned

OVR: 55
Re: Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
I have never seen any one offensives player and all my years of watching football draw as much attention from a defense as Bush has his whole career.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I'm on your side, but you probably should have included his contribution as a pass catcher and return man.
Even including the receiving numbers, he's not near the top of the running back list.

125 players had more 20+ yard receptions last year including 7 RBs and 15 more running/full backs had equal numbers of such receptions.

He's simply not a big play guy by any measures.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #75
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
He is certainly "among the worst."

He has 11 20+ yard runs in his four year career.

For comparison, when was the last time you heard Clinton Portis labeled a "homerun" or "big play" guy? He had 13 such plays in 2008 alone.

Frank Gore has had 39. Willie Parker has 30. Cedric Benson had 10 last year. Brandon Jacobs had 12 in 2008. Carnell Williams has had 13 while missing 12 more games than Bush and having no healthy ACLs.

Michael Vick had 11 in 2006 alone. Travis Henry had 12 and hasn't played the last two years.

Aside from Vick, none of those guys are considered "big play" guys yet all of them are significantly more likely to break big plays than Bush. I won't even go into guys like Chris Johnson, AD, and LDT.

Bush is a homerun threat like Michael Jordan was a great 3 point shooter. It sounds right until you actually look at the numbers.
Like I said, I agree with you but worst in the league is still a stretch. Maybe worse home run threat that some people think is great and we both agree really isn't.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 02:43 PM   #76
Banned

Quote:
But you are forgetting the threat part. Teams still view him as a threat. I have never seen any one offensives player and all my years of watching football draw as much attention from a defense as Bush has his whole career.
Given your grammar, I wouldn't be surprised if your "years of watching football" began when Bush was drafted.

Either way, if you are implying that he demands as much attention as Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, LDT, Marshall Faulk, Randy Moss, TO, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, or realistically, any running back or wide receiver to suit up then you need to watch games that don't involve the Saints.

Quote:
If he is giving the touches I believe in will be a 20 TD and 2k yards for scrimage guy for the next 4 or 5 years.
So a guy whose yards from scrimmage have decreased every year is going to increase his production to roughly double his career high yards in his fifth through tenth seasons in the NFL?

This year he had a little over 700 yards. He's gone from basically co #1 back to #2 back to now #3 back. Yet somehow he's going to post Hall of Fame numbers?

Come on dog, even the corndoggiest of Louisiana homers can't believe that nonsense.
Old 02-18-2010, 02:55 PM   #77
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Given your grammar, I wouldn't be surprised if your "years of watching football" began when Bush was drafted.
What does this have to do with this discussion? I thought so!

Quote:
Either way, if you are implying that he demands as much attention as Chris Johnson, Adrian Peterson, LDT, Marshall Faulk, Randy Moss, TO, Jerry Rice, Tim Brown, or realistically, any running back or wide receiver to suit up then you need to watch games that don't involve the Saints.

So a guy whose yards from scrimmage have decreased every year is going to increase his production to roughly double his career high yards in his fifth through tenth seasons in the NFL?

This year he had a little over 700 yards. He's gone from basically co #1 back to #2 back to now #3 back. Yet somehow he's going to post Hall of Fame numbers?

Come on dog, even the corndoggiest of Louisiana homers can't believe that nonsense.
Have you ever heard of a break out year? Bush last two season were hampered by a knee injury. And this year Bell played well cutting into his touches. If you watch Bush's progression from his rookie season til now you will see he's light years better as a runner. I thought Reggie was prime for a huge year this past season. Given he gets the required touches and stay healthy I think Reggie can have an OPY type season.

I will be glad to revisit this discussion half way through next year. Because Reggie will get these touches where ever he ends up landing. If he's going to make 8mil a season he will be given the opportunity to have a break out season.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:27 PM   #78
Banned

Quote:
Have you ever heard of a break out year?
Yes

They generally don't happen when you go backwards in yards for your fourth year in a row and continue to slide down the depth chart.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #79
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Yes

They generally don't happen when you go backwards in yards for your fourth year in a row and continue to slide down the depth chart.
He was injuried in 08 and coming into 09. He was limited all offseason coming into this year. He finished this year off strong and should be as close to 100% coming into the 10 season. I think the biggest question is going to be his health because like I mentioned his touches based on his salary should be more than just situational.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-18-2010, 04:47 PM   #80
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW McGraw
I'm on your side, but you probably should have included his contribution as a pass catcher and return man.
To which he is no more potent than DeSean Jackson in either which shotgun styles and DaThrone did not refute.

There's some 100% homemade all natural homerism goin in cheer.

...and as an Eagles fan apparently I should know that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »