Home

Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

This is a discussion on Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 01:44 PM   #57
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

lol at You muz don' watch da zaints.. for some reason I read that with a cajun accent.

Reggie sure is valuable, he also is worth a lot of money for what he is doing in that offense. You could probably find a rookie that can

A. run really, really fast.
B. Be coached up to take a hand off and bounce it outside and then run out of bounds to avoid contact.

Either way, if the Saints were smart, they'd try to get as much value as they could and trade Bush and start working on keeping the roster young and fresh. But they more than likely will not do this, and we will continue to hear how he is the most valuable decoy in the league. If it keeps winning SB's I guess you can't knock it.
Old 02-17-2010, 01:49 PM   #58
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Uh...someone correct me if I'm wrong, but Bush won't even be a free agent this year. In an uncapped year only players w/ at least 6 years of service time are eligible for free agency. Bush has 4. So the team will tender him what is basically a franchise tag and he's back on the Saints for the foreseeable future.

...I basically heard or read the above info from a John Clayton report, can't find it at the moment though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Really? No.
The above comment in response to you dismissing DeSean Jackson as a bigger matchup problem than Reggie Bush?

By Comparison each player's 2009 rush/rec./ret. yd totals:

DJ: 117 rush/1167 rec./441 ret.
Bush: 390 rush/335 rec./130 ret.

Jackson's total yards actually double Bush's and Bush only played in 2 less regular season games. To say Bush is more of a matchup problem than DeSean Jackson is beyond outlandish. It's buffoonery.

Bush doesn't even come a mile close to any per avg. rush/rec./ret. figure that Jackson finished w/ in '09. So other than pulling it out of you arse how can you determine Bush is more a matchup problem than DJ?

Last edited by JBH3; 02-17-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 02-17-2010, 04:03 PM   #59
Go Cougs!

WazzuRC's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
So other than pulling it out of you arse how can you determine Bush is more a matchup problem than DJ?
BUT, but people have to gameplan strictly for Bush! Nobody ever has to game plan for anybody else on the Saints but Bush. He makes the offense go! He's the glue that holds it together. Just the mere fact that he could be a home run threat changes defenses (even though he doesn't hit many home runs football speaking).

Old 02-17-2010, 04:09 PM   #60
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by WazzuRC
BUT, but people have to gameplan strictly for Bush! Nobody ever has to game plan for anybody else on the Saints but Bush. He makes the offense go! He's the glue that holds it together. Just the mere fact that he could be a home run threat changes defenses (even though he doesn't hit many home runs football speaking).

Old 02-17-2010, 06:05 PM   #61
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Quote:
His draft status doesn't even make him a bust. The expectations created by the media when he came out of college are what make him a bust. People expected him to be the next Marshall Faulk... and maybe better. That's insane for any player, but especially one that wasn't a full time back to begin with.
That's sort of what happens when you're good in college, does it not? LOL

Quote:
Simply put, you don't pay franchise money for a Eric Metcalf or Brian Mitchell type player.
My thoughts exactly. That doesn't mean I think he's a bust(I can see how Saints Fans think he is worth the no. 2 pick)but me personally I wouldn't draft a player with a top 2 just be used in "certain situations".
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 07:37 PM   #62
All Star

rdnk's Arena

OVR: 22

There is no way Reggie Bush is worth 8 M. Kevin Faulk is being paid 3.5 M (or something), and Bush is basically a faster Faulk who can return balls. So, 4 M? 4.5 M? No one would argue that you could get more than that, unless da ThRONe is his agent or something. Plus he isn't going to get 8 M, since the Saints have other more important players (Sharper ect.) they have to resign.

As for matchup problems, that's a pretty bad argument. There are too many weapons to think about Bush exclusivley. You have to deal with Colston first. If you put Bush on every team in the league, I'd still gameplan around a different player than him first.

Brees is far and away the biggest reason why they've been good. Without him, and with Bush, the team is still in the basement.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:07 AM   #63
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
That's sort of what happens when you're good in college, does it not? LOL

My thoughts exactly. That doesn't mean I think he's a bust(I can see how Saints Fans think he is worth the no. 2 pick)but me personally I wouldn't draft a player with a top 2 just be used in "certain situations".
Yeah, good in college + espn = the next (first) player to put up HOF numbers their first year. But at some point you have to temper expectations when faced with reality. It seems like people are still holding onto those unreasonable expectations when evaluating him.

I agree with you on the pick when you put it that way. But also consider his personality and connection to the city... especially since Katrina. And the fact is he improves the team whenever he's on the field (returning, rushing, receiving). He's not Chris Johnson but he does make the team better. Combining all of those together, I'd be fine with my squad using a #2 pick on that player. As long as he consistently does it for years.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:09 AM   #64
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
Yeah, good in college + espn = the next (first) player to put up HOF numbers their first year. But at some point you have to temper expectations when faced with reality. It seems like people are still holding onto those unreasonable expectations when evaluating him.
On the otherside, people are still using his college days to claim that things like that he's a "homerun" kind of player when he is among the worst "big play" offensive players in the NFL.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »