Home

Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

This is a discussion on Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money. within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2010, 04:17 PM   #1
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

I have been quoted on OS as saying "Stats dont tell the whole story" the one stat IMO that is most telling is wins and loses. While this tends to reflect on QB's more than any other positions if you dont help your team win games it effects your worth.

Looking at the Saints record and season outcome when he's been healthy as opposed to when he has been injuried its a no brainer to me. year 1 and 4 healthy(mostly) both years we had a first round bye. Year 2 and 3 he was injuried and we missed the playoffs. Drew has been here and healthy every year Bush has been in the league.

If you look at production number wise there is no way Bush is with the 8mils he's do. But using that logic there is no way Albert Haynesworth is worth a 100mil. The knock on Bush to me is a plus. The fact that he is "Situational" adds to his shelf life which is the lowest at his position.

Bush has progressed a ton since his rookie year. People who talk about his ineffectiveness must not watch the Saints much. Because the only thing that has stop Bush since last year has been injuries and a lack of touches.

Please Mr. Loomis re-sign Bush.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 04:19 PM   #2
Burrow Club

Watson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Why Reggie Bush is worth the Money.

I'd much rather use that money on a DT.

@AdamdotH
Old 02-16-2010, 04:20 PM   #3
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39

8 million is too much for a situational player/punt returner. However, since next year is possibly going to be an uncapped year, I think that the Saint's will re-sign him.

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans
Old 02-16-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

I'l reference a response from today's Ask Vic column on jaguars.com

Quote:
Go back to the 2006 draft and find me the guy the Saints should’ve drafted. Vince Young? You could make a point for D’Brickashaw Ferguson. A.J. Hawk? Vernon Davis is just coming on now. Michael Huff? Donte Whitner? Ernie Sims? Matt Leinart? Jay Cutler? You have to go all the way down to number 12, Haloti Ngata, to find a star player who has played at a dominant level since his rookie year.

My Video Game Streams
Old 02-16-2010, 05:03 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
I'l reference a response from today's Ask Vic column on jaguars.com
I don't think anyone thinks that Bush was necessarily a bad pick, but you have to use off the wall logic to believe that he hasn't been a big disappointment.

You don't draft a guy #2 overall for him to become your third leading rusher (and not within 250 yards of the #2 rusher) on your team in year four.

If anything, the OP's argument is the best reason to NOT resign Reggie Bush.

Carries by year:Record

2007: 157 7-9
2006: 155 10-6
2008: 115 8-8
2009: 70 13-3

Quote:
But using that logic there is no way Albert Haynesworth is worth a 100mil.
Haynesworth was an All Pro 2 years and a row. He may be somewhat overpaid, but he's not even close to Bush in that regard.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2010, 05:19 PM   #6
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cebby
I don't think anyone thinks that Bush was necessarily a bad pick, but you have to use off the wall logic to believe that he hasn't been a big disappointment.

You don't draft a guy #2 overall for him to become your third leading rusher (and not within 250 yards of the #2 rusher) on your team in year four.

If anything, the OP's argument is the best reason to NOT resign Reggie Bush.

Carries by year:Record

2007: 157 7-9
2006: 155 10-6
2008: 115 8-8
2009: 70 13-3

Haynesworth was an All Pro 2 years and a row. He may be somewhat overpaid, but he's not even close to Bush in that regard.
You must dont watch the Saints much. I already pointed out his stats arent mind blowing but if you watch the Saints people need to key on Bush which opens up the offense. Sure people are like is a an 8 million dollar "Decoy"? I dont see him as a decoy I see him as a game breaking match up nitemare for defenses.

Brees threw for 5000 yards last year no pass catcher had over 1000. Thomas was there also. And what happened we missed the playoffs.

Bush has been here only 4years. Each year he played the majority of the season we went to the NFC championship game and won a superbowl. The two year he missed the majority of the season we missed the playoff. With arguably the best QB in the league right now. I dont think this is a coincidence.

And I completely forgot got to add his vaule from a buisness stand point. The Jaguars is think of drafting Tebow just to put butts in the seat. Reggie does this sales jersey and him and Drew are clearly the faces of this franchise.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:16 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

I don't think Reggie being injured is the reason the Saints missed the Playoffs the last 2 years. I'd pin more of that on defense, or lack thereof, the last 2 years.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-16-2010, 06:17 PM   #8
MVP

OVR: 15

Correlation =/= causation. Just because when Reggie Bush is healthy, the Saints have made the playoffs does not mean Reggie Bush is the reason the Saints are doing so. 06 was obviously just a magical fluke while 09 was the result of a good running game, a running game that Reggie Bush contributed relatively little to, and opportunistic defense.

My favorite stat of the 2009 season. HB Reggie Bush: 390 rushing yards. QB Aaron Rodgers: 310 rushing yards.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »