Home

Ravens sign Stallworth to 1-year deal

This is a discussion on Ravens sign Stallworth to 1-year deal within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-17-2010, 07:40 PM   #25
Rookie

Wenkinator's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: Ravens sign Stallworth to 1-year deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by seriousluboy83
Care to elaborate???
Yeah I don't get it...

If any sport has done that it would be baseball thanks to the good ole' roid issues.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #26
Banned

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
Really? I'm not suprised at all. If you have even a shred of talent you will be given multiple opportunities in the NFL. If memory serves didn't a Ram DE kill a woman with a vehicle too.
Yeah, but Leonard Little was a better DE than Stallworth ever was a WR.
Old 02-17-2010, 09:21 PM   #27
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Killing someone and getting locked up is an incident with the law, is it not? Apparently, some of you thought I was trying to compare it with getting a speeding ticket or jaywalking which I wasn't even trying to do. Hell, I wasn't trying to compare anything but was talking about the comments Biscotti made.
Incident, defined as:

–noun
  1. An individual occurrence or event.
  2. A distinct piece of action, or an episode, as in a story or play.
  3. Something that occurs casually in connection with something else.
  4. Something appertaining or attaching to something else.
  5. An occurrence of seemingly minor importance, esp. involving nations or factions between which relations are strained and sensitive, that can lead to serious consequences, as an outbreak of hostilities or a war: border incident; international incident.
  6. An embarrassing occurrence, esp. of a social nature.
Given the above, incident isn't the proper word, and it's note #6 either...that's like someone pulling your pants down in public or something.

The lesson brought to you by JBH3 .
Old 02-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #28
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by metallicatz
Yeah, but Leonard Little was a better DE than Stallworth ever was a WR.
Thank you for the name. I forgot and was at work and too lazy to look it up.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 02-17-2010, 10:10 PM   #29

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Ravens need to drop these old receivers and get some younger ones. Hopefully they'll get someone for Flacco to throw to besides Ray Rice and Derrick Mason who is also very old but, had a good year.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:38 AM   #30
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dislimb
I wonder who is going to drive him to and from practices... I'm actually being serious here, as he was stripped of his driving privileges for the rest of his natural life.
My guess would be his driver.

This is a great move for the Ravens. He's the deep threat we've been waiting for Williams to turn into, with experience playing with elite QBs in elite organizations. He's also got a ton to prove which could make him a great addition to the team and the community. The worse case scenario is that he gets hurt (again) but the Ravens should be in the process of creating depth at WR because they're used to having to deal with WR injuries. At $900,000 he's a risk worth taking. It'd be a mistake to think that he'll solidify the receiving core, but Ozzie's smart enough to know that. The move will look a lot better when it's in addition to whatever else they pull off.

Guys hating on him need to get over yourselves. At least bring back the thread on him to have that discussion. In the real world, Baltimore knows very well the kind of man Ray Lewis is, and all the contributions he's made to the community. All the players who consider him a "big brother" and call him for advice and guidance weekly know what kind of man he is too. From what I can tell, Stallworth has the same qualities, and has been very accountable for his accident. Part of his punishment is having millions of people using that one moment to define him as a person. But he can still prove to be a strong member of the community. Maybe he ends up drinking and driving again and getting suspended for the year. Again, at $900,000 the potential positives FAR outweigh the potential negatives. And there's no history to indicate he isn't sincere.

Welcome to Baltimore, Dante.
Old 02-18-2010, 12:54 AM   #31
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Ravens need to drop these old receivers and get some younger ones. Hopefully they'll get someone for Flacco to throw to besides Ray Rice and Derrick Mason who is also very old but, had a good year.
Or Mason, who's had good years 7 out of the past 8 (he's had over 1000 yards seven out of the last eight years). He may retire though, if the Ravens don't give him enough money to come back... and yeah, he's old too.

I wouldn't call Stallworth old. If anything, the year off may have him the healthiest he's been in years (though a little rusty I'm sure). Other than that they have Clayton (27), Williams (26), Washington (30), Harper (24) and Smith (25). It's funny that people keep saying the Ravens need to draft WRs because they always take a few years to develop, and they've drafted a bunch who have only been in the league a few years. All of these guys have potential. It's more a problem of them staying healthy than not having potential. If anything, they need to get more "old" guys (veterans) at WR. Mason has made an obvious impact, Washington played his role perfectly last year, and a healthy Stallworth will surely make a difference too. Adding (or replace Mason with) Boldin/Marshall/Bryant/TO... even Floyd would be a huge upgrade. Drafting another WR would leave them around the same for another year or two.

Don't get me wrong, if a WR falls in the draft, they should jump on him, but because of the "best player available" mentality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-18-2010, 01:14 AM   #32
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
My guess would be his driver.

This is a great move for the Ravens. He's the deep threat we've been waiting for Williams to turn into, with experience playing with elite QBs in elite organizations. He's also got a ton to prove which could make him a great addition to the team and the community. The worse case scenario is that he gets hurt (again) but the Ravens should be in the process of creating depth at WR because they're used to having to deal with WR injuries. At $900,000 he's a risk worth taking. It'd be a mistake to think that he'll solidify the receiving core, but Ozzie's smart enough to know that. The move will look a lot better when it's in addition to whatever else they pull off.

Guys hating on him need to get over yourselves. At least bring back the thread on him to have that discussion. In the real world, Baltimore knows very well the kind of man Ray Lewis is, and all the contributions he's made to the community. All the players who consider him a "big brother" and call him for advice and guidance weekly know what kind of man he is too. From what I can tell, Stallworth has the same qualities, and has been very accountable for his accident. Part of his punishment is having millions of people using that one moment to define him as a person. But he can still prove to be a strong member of the community. Maybe he ends up drinking and driving again and getting suspended for the year. Again, at $900,000 the potential positives FAR outweigh the potential negatives. And there's no history to indicate he isn't sincere.

Welcome to Baltimore, Dante.
Yeah going through a murder trial seems to have that effect on people, what kind of guy was he before the "incident"? Birds of a feather flock together, that goes for Ravens too. Even if Ray didn't kill noone he was hanging with people who did, that right there tells me what kind of person he really is. Just because people idolize him they get all butt hurt when the truth is told. And Stallworth should be sincere, he killed another human in part because he made a stupid decision.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »