Home

Rams to trade #1 Pick?

This is a discussion on Rams to trade #1 Pick? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #73
S**c*d* P**l C*-Ch*mp**n

OVR: 40
Re: Rams to trade #1 Pick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
Comparing two different beasts and from where I sat, the multi-purpose college star wasn't a sure thing - I am sure I wasn't the only one thinking that. But hindsight is biatch.

Many experts, better judges than you and I (Kiper Jnr for one) suggest Suh is as good as sure thing in making the transition to the NFL as a dominant DT.

We, the Rams, suck so bad that we shouldn't be turning down this type of franchise changing player. Hell no. Hell freaking no.

No draft prospect is a sure thing.. Last check the Rams need more then a DT. If they can get multiple picks that would be better..
Old 02-23-2010, 09:24 AM   #74
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTZball
Comparing two different beasts and from where I sat, the multi-purpose college star wasn't a sure thing - I am sure I wasn't the only one thinking that. But hindsight is biatch.

Many experts, better judges than you and I (Kiper Jnr for one) suggest Suh is as good as sure thing in making the transition to the NFL as a dominant DT.

We, the Rams, suck so bad that we shouldn't be turning down this type of franchise changing player. Hell no. Hell freaking no.
I wouldn't consider Kiper an expert. I'd say Suh has many more question marks than he'd have you believe, such as his size, transitioning from playing against small college linemen to big NFL linemen, whether he'll even be able to play with his hand on the ground (pending possible rules changes), etc.

Then the experts go out and say Clausen is risky, despite the fact that he has good physical tools and has already demonstrated his ability in a pro system. I wish they'd actually say "we don't think Clausen will be good because Brady Quinn wasn't good", which is what they're really thinking, and I could go back and just point at Aaron Rodgers out of Cal a few years ago to refute it.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Old 02-23-2010, 10:52 AM   #75
MVP

OVR: 38

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-23-2010, 11:56 AM   #76
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371

Then the experts go out and say Clausen is risky, despite the fact that he has good physical tools and has already demonstrated his ability in a pro system. I wish they'd actually say "we don't think Clausen will be good because Brady Quinn wasn't good", which is what they're really thinking, and I could go back and just point at Aaron Rodgers out of Cal a few years ago to refute it.
That excuse is tired.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:10 PM   #77
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

It's always rumored every year that that the #1 pick will be traded, just like last year w/Detroit.

Just pick Suh and be happy with the future all-pro. A DT that leads a defense in tackles and is Top 5 in the Heisman, not to mention his absolute annhilation of the Texas OL in the Big12 Champ game is nearly as sure of a thing in the draft as you could pick.

...yes, I'm drinking the coolaid.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #78
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371
I wouldn't consider Kiper an expert. I'd say Suh has many more question marks than he'd have you believe, such as his size, transitioning from playing against small college linemen to big NFL linemen, whether he'll even be able to play with his hand on the ground (pending possible rules changes), etc.
So Suh's biggest weakness is that he might be a victim of a rule change that will never actually happen (the players won't got for a rule change that would lead to every defensive lineman and running back to take a monster paycut).

Quote:
I think the fact that he has already demonstrated his ability in a pro system is the knock against him.

Unless he's playing the service academies or the 10th Big 10 team, he's an awful quarterback.

He shouldn't even be compared to Aaron Rodgers. Aaron Rodgers was actually good.
Old 02-23-2010, 12:12 PM   #79
MVP

Hova57's Arena

OVR: 31

why is that excuse tired? just wondering,as far a Brady Quinn goes he got that exposure only because he went to Notre Dame. and if it wasn for the Browns he prob would have been a late 2nd or 3rd round pick
Old 02-23-2010, 01:02 PM   #80
The Lord of #Hashtags

legendkiller5's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hova57
why is that excuse tired? just wondering,as far a Brady Quinn goes he got that exposure only because he went to Notre Dame. and if it wasn for the Browns he prob would have been a late 2nd or 3rd round pick
Go back through all the threads where Clausen is mentioned, and you'll see why.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »