Home

NFL Scouting Combine 2010

This is a discussion on NFL Scouting Combine 2010 within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2010, 10:43 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 40
NFL Scouting Combine 2010

Post impressions/updates here. It all gets started today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: NFL Scouting Combine 2010

Wooh! Any actual testing today or is it all weigh-ins?

My Video Game Streams
Old 02-24-2010, 10:48 AM   #3
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyros
Wooh! Any actual testing today or is it all weigh-ins?
I think just weigh in and measurements today. I'm excited just for that lol.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #4
The Mad Genius

MARTZball's Arena

OVR: 13

From ESPN's Adam Schefter, his 'Five memorable combine performances' (ESPN Insider member blog, I can't provide link):

Quote:
Five memorable combine performances
February, 24, 2010

Starting Wednesday, some of college football's top prospects will begin working out to impress NFL teams and improve their draft stock at the NFL scouting combine in Indianapolis. Some players' stock will soar. Others will sink. But inevitably, there will be some memorable performances that leave teams talking even after the 2010 NFL draft. Here's a look back at five of the most memorable performances in combine history:

• Florida State Seminoles CB Deion Sanders (1989): Back in 1989, the scouting combine wasn't the event it is today. Reporters and cameras were not allowed in to the workouts to document them. So when Deion ran a sub-4.2 40-yard dash -- believed to be the fastest time ever run at the combine -- NFL personnel men stood and drooled. Those who saw it still remember it. Even before he entered the NFL, Sanders left his mark.

• Ohio State Buckeyes RB Maurice Clarett (2005): After being denied entry to the NFL in 2004, Clarett arrived at the combine in 2005 intent upon proving who he was. He did, but not in the way he wanted. Clarett ran in some of the 40-yard dashes at the RCA Dome, and then opted to put on his sweatshirt and not finish the running drills. NFL scouts were aghast that Clarett would quit; what he did is exactly what coaches teach their players never to do -- and then Clarett went out again and did it in the NFL.

• Boston College Eagles LB Mike Mamula (1995): Mamula might have defined "workout warrior," the player who "looks like Tarzan and plays like Jane." Mamula ran a 4.62 40-yard dash, put up 26 reps on the 225-pound bench press and saw himself skyrocket to the No. 7 overall pick of the Philadelphia Eagles. Mamula played six seasons, registering 209 tackles and 31.5 sacks -- but he never was better than he was in Indianapolis in 1995.

• East Carolina Pirates RB Chris Johnson (2008): Many projected Johnson as a second- or third-round pick. Then he arrived in Indianapolis and ran a 4.24 40-yard dash (video of it here), which tied the mark that Eastern Kentucky wide receiver Rondel Melendez set in 1999, the first year the combine used electronic timers. Johnson shot up the draft board as fast as he ran, and wound up becoming the Tennessee Titans' first-round pick.

• Purdue Boilermakers CB Rod Woodson (1987): Before there was Deion Sanders, there was Rod Woodson. Difference was, Woodson was 25-30 pounds heavier -- and nearly as fast. Woodson ran a 4.29 40-yard dash. At 210 pounds. And Woodson was as old-school then as he is today -- and a lock to become one of the great cornerbacks in NFL history.
Old 02-24-2010, 05:15 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 38

I believe interviews are today.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2010, 05:55 PM   #6
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

All eyes on Tebow. Will he be a 1st round QB or a 4th round FB?

Drama!
Old 02-24-2010, 08:24 PM   #7
Sean Payton: Retribution

jmood88's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
All eyes on Tebow. Will he be a 1st round QB or a 4th round FB?

Drama!
I don't see any way Tebow is drafted in the first round unless he completely changed the throwing motion that all the scouts were talking **** about during the Senior Bowl.

If I went any bigger, it would not have properly fit with my equipment, so I had to optimize. I'm okay with it, but I also know what I'm missing with those five inches. :)
Old 02-24-2010, 08:29 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28

It's already been said that Tebow has changed his throwing motion and he will not reveal it until his pro day.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft1...ory?id=4935351

Quote:
In an effort to quiet his critics and refine his game, Tebow is changing the way he holds a football, shifting it from his waist to his shoulder. He is concentrating on taking three- and five-step drops instead of working out of the shotgun formation he used at Florida.

He will not unveil Tebow 2.0 at this week's scouting combine in Indianapolis, preferring instead to wait for his pro day at the University of Florida on March 17.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »