Home

Why would Clausen not be a good QB?

This is a discussion on Why would Clausen not be a good QB? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-25-2010, 08:36 PM   #33
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Why would Clasen not be a good QB?

Look, you guys can call me a 'domer' or what have you, as I know Cebby will when he eventually enters the thread, but for the record, I have never said nor do I even think that Clausen will be the next big thing. I just simply don't agree that he'll fall flat on his face. He has all the physical tools to be a productive quarterback in the NFL. Give him the O-line and the right tools to work with and he'll do fine.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Old 02-25-2010, 08:40 PM   #34
We Spent Some Money!

ZM Punk's Arena

OVR: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Look, you guys can call me a 'domer' or what have you, as I know Cebby will when he eventually enters the thread, but for the record, I have never said nor do I even think that Clausen will be the next big thing. I just simply don't agree that he'll fall flat on his face. He has all the physical tools to be a productive quarterback in the NFL. Give him the O-line and the right tools to work with and he'll do fine.
LOL!

Its all good on my end. Its a message board, people have differing opinions.

You're right though, you will definitely be called a domer by some people. Everybody has biases, eventhough some people won't admit it. Its just human nature.

Adolphus Washington-Ohio State Freshman
Old 02-25-2010, 08:42 PM   #35
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Name me one good team Clausen beat in three years? If his "Talent" isnt enough to win in college against the some of the worse defenses. What makes anyone think he can do it at the next level? And lets not for get the three 1st round NFL player he's has been throwing the ball to the last two season.

The talent on Notre Dame's offense was probably as good as any other team in the nation this year.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2010, 08:47 PM   #36
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZM Punk
LOL!

Its all good on my end. Its a message board, people have differing opinions.

You're right though, you will definitely be called a domer by some people. Everybody has biases, eventhough some people won't admit it. Its just human nature.
Oh I know I'm biased and am more than willing to admit it. It's part of being a sports fan. lol.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:48 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

z Revis's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Name me one good team Clausen beat in three years? If his "Talent" isnt enough to win in college against the some of the worse defenses. What makes anyone think he can do it at the next level? And lets not for get the three 1st round NFL player he's has been throwing the ball to the last two season.

The talent on Notre Dame's offense was probably as good as any other team in the nation this year.
The offense was more than good enough to win games and beat great teams. The defense wasn't.

I feel like I've said this 5 times now.
Old 02-25-2010, 08:50 PM   #38
Rookie

sweny5632's Arena

OVR: 6
We get that, you are beating a dead horse. We know he hasn't beaten anybody and they played terrible defenses, I agree with you. All I'm pointing out is the fact that with a better defense and the talent they had on offense I truly believe he could beat some good teams
Old 02-25-2010, 09:12 PM   #39
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweny5632
We get that, you are beating a dead horse. We know he hasn't beaten anybody and they played terrible defenses, I agree with you. All I'm pointing out is the fact that with a better defense and the talent they had on offense I truly believe he could beat some good teams
The point is those "numbers" that everybody keep using to build Clausen up are skewed. He is the product of great talent versus poor competiton IMO. I have watched pretty much every game Clausen has played as a starter and Im not impressed at all. So this would be my answer to the OP.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 02-25-2010, 09:14 PM   #40
MVP

OVR: 15

John Elway never played in a bowl game and had an overall losing record in college. Being a "winner" in college and being a "winner" in the pros are two very different things.

People point out the talent on Notre Dame's offense, but what about the studs Sam Bradford played with? He had two NFL RBs, a first round TE, an NFL WR, and three NFL linemen as well as a few NFL caliber defensive players, including a prospect considered Suh's equal. I'm not sure there are people actually saying Bradford is the superior prospect in this particular thread, but I felt it needed to be said.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »