Home

Why would Clausen not be a good QB?

This is a discussion on Why would Clausen not be a good QB? within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2010, 08:47 AM   #57
MVP

emalloy3's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Why would Clasen not be a good QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUFan_88
Yeah, it's not like he wasn't surrounded by pro bowl level offensive linemen, a decent WR and a Pro Bowl level pass catcher at TE, right?

No, Quinn didn't suck because he played for the Browns. Quinn sucks because he cannot hit a WR in stride, cannot hit a WR or TE deep and is incredibly, INCREDIBLY panicky in the pocket.

And don't you dare tell me he needed time to develop...he was being hyped as the most Pro Ready QB to come out of college in years but he was horrid.

Quinn's upside in the NFL is Chad Pennington and he'll be extremely lucky to hit that mark.

Man your a Browns fan so I get that you have to love your team but face facts they have been the armpit of the NFL for a long time. I don't think any QB can suceed in Cleveland with that talent but your ready to call him a bust after 12 starts.

Also yeah he needs time to develop hell Manning needed time to develop or were you ready to call him a bust after his first season.

I'm not defending Quinn all i'm saying is give the man a chance and put a little talent around him better than Braylon "stone hands" Edwards!
NBA:Los Angeles Lakers
NCAABB:Georgetown Hoyas
MLB:Washington Nationals

Old 02-26-2010, 09:12 AM   #58
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35
Re: Why would Clausen not be a good QB?

Quote:
Originally Posted by da ThRONe
Name me one good team Clausen beat in three years? If his "Talent" isnt enough to win in college against the some of the worse defenses. What makes anyone think he can do it at the next level? And lets not for get the three 1st round NFL player he's has been throwing the ball to the last two season.

The talent on Notre Dame's offense was probably as good as any other team in the nation this year.
It's not like its 1v11. I'm not a ND fan at all but I'm not gonna act like Quinn's lack of success will doom Clausen. I think Clausen is a much better prospect who played behind some crappy lines with no real run game for almost 2 years. Quinns ND teams also had much better talent.

I'll wait to see what organization takes Clausen before I start predicting doom & gloom.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:21 AM   #59
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez
It's not like its 1v11. I'm not a ND fan at all but I'm not gonna act like Quinn's lack of success will doom Clausen. I think Clausen is a much better prospect who played behind some crappy lines with no real run game for almost 2 years. Quinns ND teams also had much better talent.

I'll wait to see what organization takes Clausen before I start predicting doom & gloom.
Clausen to the Skins!

My Video Game Streams
Old 02-26-2010, 10:04 AM   #60
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3
Man your a Browns fan so I get that you have to love your team but face facts they have been the armpit of the NFL for a long time. I don't think any QB can suceed in Cleveland with that talent but your ready to call him a bust after 12 starts.

Also yeah he needs time to develop hell Manning needed time to develop or were you ready to call him a bust after his first season.

I'm not defending Quinn all i'm saying is give the man a chance and put a little talent around him better than Braylon "stone hands" Edwards!
Whatever you think.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:04 AM   #61
MVP

lonewolf371's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by emalloy3

Well Manning passed for a bunch of yards as a rookie, started every game, and I think most people knew from the start that he was going to be pretty good. I'll agree Quinn hasn't really had a chance, and we've seen Derek Anderson go from Pro Bowl to suck on that same team. The QBs are probably part of the problem in Cleveland, but it goes deeper than that.
NHL: Detroit Red Wings (26-20-12)
NCAA: Purdue Boilermakers (FB: 1-11, BB: 15-12), Michigan Wolverines (FB: 7-6, BB: 19-7, H: 15-10-3)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2010, 11:08 AM   #62
Banned

OVR: 62

Well from all reports he has a serious attitude problem, that would be my first big question mark about him. Add to that his progression in college was not all that impressive given he had Charlie Weis as his HC and QB Coach. For all of his short comings as a head coach he still is the man who groomed Tom Brady into the best QB in the NFL. This doesn't even get into his lack of production against subpar competition and having a losing record overall for his career. At the college level there is no way I'd trade him for Christian Ponder and I cannot even believe an NFL would consider blowing up their franchise to draft him, but hey if the Redskins are that stupid all that much better for the Cowboys.
Old 02-26-2010, 11:14 AM   #63
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf371
Well Manning passed for a bunch of yards as a rookie, started every game, and I think most people knew from the start that he was going to be pretty good. I'll agree Quinn hasn't really had a chance, and we've seen Derek Anderson go from Pro Bowl to suck on that same team. The QBs are probably part of the problem in Cleveland, but it goes deeper than that.
It really doesn't.

If the Browns had any sort of consistently good QB play, they would have won more games.

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 02-26-2010, 12:28 PM   #64
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgx2thez

I agree a lot is going to come down to where he goes. But Im not spending a top pick on a guy that I feel has to land in the prefect spot to be productive.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »