Home

Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow Fits Best With... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 08:48 PM   #73
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
Again your ability to consistently insult somebody overrules you ability to communicate on an intelligent level.

So you're basing your analysis off of what you suspect? Surely even you can see the flaw in this.

Can you name one receiver outside of Aaron Hernandez on last year's Florida team that you would consider "very good"? Apparently Riley Cooper now ranks up there with wide outs to be feared in the country. He only put up 2895 yards 21TDs and 5INTs throwing to nobody all year.

I'm glad you already know this. Why don't you go ahead and PM me the next major sports upset while you're at it so we can both be rich.

When did I ever come in here and say, "The day Tebow is drafted he is going to turn that team into an instant winner and win 700 Superbowls before he retires!!!!!11one" Oh that's right I never did. So the fact still remains you stuck your foot in your mouth and decided to lump me in with everybody else you consider a "homer". As I said before this is simply rude and disrespectful and not adding anything more to this topic then trolling. If you would like to have intelligent discussion about anybody or anything in college football I am more then willing to participate but if you are going to continue throwing around insults and being a down-right D-bag I'll simply report you for trolling and move on. Quit acting like your some omniscient God here to grace us all with your superior knowledge. I promise you there are others out there that know just as much as you and more.

Alright kid, I can see you're taking this whole thing very personal so I'll let it go. As you get older and hone your debate skills, try to avoid being so thin skinned. Being a homer is not the end of the world and we've all been guilty. From serious posters like wwharton and the Watcher, to wild eyed fanatics like lilbently (who shocked all by accurately predicting the Cincy division win). We've all gone off the rails for our team during a discussion. It's not a personal insult to say so, as you contend.

There's nothing wrong with having a little man-crush on Tebow. It's a fairly common phenomenon. But you also need to divorce your admiration of him from your objective analysis of his current ability. Teams aren't skeptical of him for no reason. His abilities do not match up well in the NFL and it will take time to get him up to speed. That is the reality that you need to get used to. His is a case that could be easily bungled by bad coaching, a poor surrounding cast, or derailed by an injury if he tries to run over NFL linebackers like he did in college.

The floor is yours.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #74
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
Again your ability to consistently insult somebody overrules you ability to communicate on an intelligent level.

So you're basing your analysis off of what you suspect? Surely even you can see the flaw in this.

Can you name one receiver outside of Aaron Hernandez on last year's Florida team that you would consider "very good"? Apparently Riley Cooper now ranks up there with wide outs to be feared in the country. He only put up 2895 yards 21TDs and 5INTs throwing to nobody all year.

I'm glad you already know this. Why don't you go ahead and PM me the next major sports upset while you're at it so we can both be rich.

When did I ever come in here and say, "The day Tebow is drafted he is going to turn that team into an instant winner and win 700 Superbowls before he retires!!!!!11one" Oh that's right I never did. So the fact still remains you stuck your foot in your mouth and decided to lump me in with everybody else you consider a "homer". As I said before this is simply rude and disrespectful and not adding anything more to this topic then trolling. If you would like to have intelligent discussion about anybody or anything in college football I am more then willing to participate but if you are going to continue throwing around insults and being a down-right D-bag I'll simply report you for trolling and move on. Quit acting like your some omniscient God here to grace us all with your superior knowledge. I promise you there are others out there that know just as much as you and more.
Honestly I was about to report you for calling him a "D-bag". All of your posts have internet tough guy written all over them. Nobody's trolling. Dial it down, he actual posted a well thought out response that you want to ignore. The whole Tebow discussion is getting annoying. Whether you think he'll be a star in the NFL or not, it doesn't mean everyone that disagrees with you is a troll, uneducated or whatever other word you want to throw around. Since you're relatively new around here, I can tell you most people aren't going into great detail about how they feel bc this about the 4th thread about the same topic.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:56 PM   #75
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
If that happens I seriously have reservations about Tebow having success. He's going to get pressure 10x magnified then what he had to deal with at UF.
Taking coaching system and current QBs on the roster here's the list of places I'm keeping my fingers crossed for:

Indy, New England, Cincy, Seattle,

The next tier are places that could work because of the coaching he would get, but I would be fearful they would be too tempted to start him too early:

Denver, Washington, Minnesota, Cleveland, SF

Anything other then that and I think he's going to have a very tough road ahead of him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 09:16 PM   #76
Pro

Maelstrom-XIII's Arena

OVR: 17

In my opinion, the best thing for Tebow would be to be drafted in the later rounds, to a team that can afford to sit him for 2-3 years and let him:
1. refine his techniques and work on his accuracy/arm strength
2. learn a pro offense

If someone takes him in the early rounds, the fan base will expect him to be the second coming of a certain someone he greatly admires (most people seem to think he is already...), and he will be considered a bust unless he takes the team to the playoffs EVERY year.

With that said, there's been some talk that Carolina may be interested...this might be a good thing for Tebow, since they have one of the top rushing tandems in the league, and a great offensive line...QBs best friend.

However, I don't think Tebow will ever be as good as some people expect him to be...a serviceable starter, maybe...I see him more as a Trent Dilfer type QB...if he wins a superbowl, I doubt it will be because of Tim Tebow...more likely it'll be because of a stingy defense, and limiting Tebow's reads of the opposing defense by having a strong running game and quick short routes to move the chains...don't look for a Grossman "Unleash the Dragon" downfield throw all the time out of Tebow...he's having trouble throwing outs down the field...

Carolina Panthers - NC State Wolfpack - Charlotte Hornets - Brisbane Roar FC - VfB Stuttgart
Old 03-18-2010, 09:30 PM   #77
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII
In my opinion, the best thing for Tebow would be to be drafted in the later rounds, to a team that can afford to sit him for 2-3 years and let him:
1. refine his techniques and work on his accuracy/arm strength
2. learn a pro offense
Dead on. I think he CAN learn the job, but he's gonna need some things to go his way.

Quote:
If someone takes him in the early rounds, the fan base will expect him to be the second coming of a certain someone he greatly admires (most people seem to think he is already...), and he will be considered a bust unless he takes the team to the playoffs EVERY year.
He'd be a victim of his own college success and high expectations. I agree.

Quote:
With that said, there's been some talk that Carolina may be interested...this might be a good thing for Tebow, since they have one of the top rushing tandems in the league, and a great offensive line...QBs best friend.
Carolina is rebuilding and I think they'd rush him in too quickly. I'm also not sold on Fox and his staff as QB developers.

Quote:
However, I don't think Tebow will ever be as good as some people expect him to be...a serviceable starter, maybe...I see him more as a Trent Dilfer type QB...if he wins a superbowl, I doubt it will be because of Tim Tebow...more likely it'll be because of a stingy defense, and limiting Tebow's reads of the opposing defense by having a strong running game and quick short routes to move the chains...don't look for a Grossman "Unleash the Dragon" downfield throw all the time out of Tebow...he's having trouble throwing outs down the field...
I don't think you'll have to "hide" Tebow behind a running game and defense if he gets time to develop. If he can incubate for 2-3 years, I think he may come off the bench as a fully functioning finished product. But there are a TON of "ifs" that come with that, and that's what all the hand wringing is about.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:32 PM   #78
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Carolina is definitely one of the places that scares me. I've heard it a few times and I just don't think he would get the time or the coaching there.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:37 PM   #79
Showtime

Jukeman's Arena

OVR: 46

Tebow should play RB or WR.....

(-_-)
Old 03-18-2010, 09:46 PM   #80
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena