Home

Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow Fits Best With... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2010, 06:38 PM   #49
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessaPackMan
Tebow's Pro Day was today I heard. Anybody hear anything about this.

On today's edition of Path to the Draft, Mike Mayock (who attended Florida's Pro Day) said that Tim Tebow performed well in terms of footwork and also throwing the football. Mayock reported that the general consensus among scouts and coaches he had talked to at UF said that Tebow has helped himself and showed dramatic improvement on how he did in the Senior Bowl.

Kruza
Old 03-17-2010, 07:20 PM   #50
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53
Re: Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza
On today's edition of Path to the Draft, Mike Mayock (who attended Florida's Pro Day) said that Tim Tebow performed well in terms of footwork and also throwing the football. Mayock reported that the general consensus among scouts and coaches he had talked to at UF said that Tebow has helped himself and showed dramatic improvement on how he did in the Senior Bowl.

Kruza
Did they mention about him taking snaps from under center or not? I think that's probably his biggest hurdle other then his slow release and accuracy problems.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-17-2010, 07:23 PM   #51
#DoYourJob

Beantown's Arena

OVR: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kruza

Kruza
Todd mcShay said pretty much the same thing. He looked a lot better, showed a quicker and more fluid release and his footwork in the pocket looked a lot better. His accuracy still looked a little off, but the motion was much better.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 PM   #52
Mainstream Outlaw

Kruza's Arena

OVR: 39
Icon2 Re: Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Did they mention about him taking snaps from under center or not? I think that's probably his biggest hurdle other then his slow release and accuracy problems.
From the information I've gathered on his pro day, Tim Tebow has improved his mechanics all around. There were some footage of Tebow shown that showed him actually taking snaps from center and making accurate throws to receivers while rolling out. Now this doesn't mean squat on his ability to read NFL defenses and throwing accurately under pressure coming from guys trying to take his head off. But this is a good start for him in terms of developing his skills as a pro quarterback.

Kruza

Last edited by Kruza; 03-17-2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old 03-17-2010, 07:31 PM   #53
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Interesting, well at least he's working his arse off to improve his game. I'm still very skeptical about him being a top flight NFL QB but I give him props for improving on his game as best as he can.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Old 03-17-2010, 08:48 PM   #54
NL MVP

Sportsforever's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
Interesting, well at least he's working his arse off to improve his game. I'm still very skeptical about him being a top flight NFL QB but I give him props for improving on his game as best as he can.
Ya, a lot of the scouts say he still is a project with a long way to go, but he impressed a lot of people with how far he came from January to now. They see he is willing to work hard and is coachable.

I also heard he got an invite to the draft...I sure hope it's not a repeat of the Brady Quinn situation where Tebow sits there forever waiting for his name to be called. Today on ESPN they were saying he is now expected to go in the early part of the 2nd round and now lower than late 2nd.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:38 AM   #55
All Star

OVR: 35

The issues with his throwing motion doesn't bother me, it's the fact that he struggled to read complex defenses in college. If he had problems with that, wait until he goes against the defenses of Bill Belichick, etc. I think he has bust written all over him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 09:48 AM   #56
Banned

OVR: 62

If he was invited to the Draft I'd be willing to bet Jacksonville told the league something......

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »