Home

Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

This is a discussion on Tim Tebow Fits Best With... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #65
Banned

Bandit Ball's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Tim Tebow Fits Best With...

People who say Tebow can't play in the NFL = Rejected Couch Potatoes with nothing better else to say... Go back to your couches and let people who actually know something about football do the analyzing...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 04:56 PM   #66
Outback Jesus

OSUFan_88's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandit Ball
People who say Tebow can't play in the NFL = Rejected Couch Potatoes with nothing better else to say... Go back to your couches and let people who actually know something about football do the analyzing...
Unless you can prove other wise, what makes you so much more different?

BTW, Charlie Casserly said he wouldn't take Tebow at all, doesn't think he'll make it in the NFL. I suppose he is a rejected couch potato as well?

Urban Meyer is lol.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:09 PM   #67
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milbut
That was mature and respectful.

I watch more college football then most people do and the fact that I am a Florida fan doesn't impact my ability to objectively evaluate potential. If you would like to have an intelligent conversation about this topic then please add something useful, if not you're doing nothing more then trolling.
Respectfulness has nothing to do with it: you're a homer. Period.

Break down his strengths, without using pointless superlatives like "he's a great leader", in a way that makes him sound like a good NFL prospect at QB. You can't. You are just throwing out sugary sounding talking points about what a good guy you think he is.

THAT is why you're a homer. Not because you're a Florida fan.
Old 03-18-2010, 06:36 PM   #68
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by shotgun styles
Respectfulness has nothing to do with it: you're a homer. Period.

Break down his strengths, without using pointless superlatives like "he's a great leader", in a way that makes him sound like a good NFL prospect at QB. You can't. You are just throwing out sugary sounding talking points about what a good guy you think he is.

THAT is why you're a homer. Not because you're a Florida fan.
Tim Tebow
Career total passing yards - 9285
Career completion percentage - 66.35%
Career Passing Tds - 88
Career Passing INTs - 16
Career Avg Yards per Attempt - 9.67

Steve Young
Career total passing yards - 7733
Career Completion percentage - 65.2%
Career passing TDs - 56
Career passing INTs - 33
Career Avg Yards per Attempt - 8.52

Don't assuming you're talking to some moron every time you make a statement. Now I challenge you to do the same, provide me with something other then a clearly expert analysis of, "Tebow doesn't have what it takes to be a QB at the next level." The bottom line is the guy has the physical gifts to make it at the next level and the willingness to learn and adapt, which he has already begun proving by completely reworking his throwing motion. I'm tired of you band-wagon Tebow haters running around screaming how bad of a quarterback he will be because you either

1. Don't like the whipping he put on the best conference in college football

2. Got tired of hearing about him in the media

3. Have a problem with his religious views.

You already made yourself sound like a fool once in this thread stating you thought his religious views would lead to problems in the NFL. You really need to quit while your ahead because as I said before your contribution to this topic up to this point has been nothing more then trolling.

Good day sir.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM   #69
Banned

shotgun styles's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Tim Tebow
Career total passing yards - 9285
Career completion percentage - 66.35%
Career Passing Tds - 88
Career Passing INTs - 16
Career Avg Yards per Attempt - 9.67

Steve Young
Career total passing yards - 7733
Career Completion percentage - 65.2%
Career passing TDs - 56
Career passing INTs - 33
Career Avg Yards per Attempt - 8.52
College stats are meaningless in the NFL. The list of prolific college QBs who simply could not function in the NFL is too long to list. So you've started off with a useless comparison of two completely unrelated college QBs who didn't even play in the same era.

Quote:
Don't assuming you're talking to some moron every time you make a statement. Now I challenge you to do the same, provide me with something other then a clearly expert analysis of, "Tebow doesn't have what it takes to be a QB at the next level." The bottom line is the guy has the physical gifts to make it at the next level and the willingness to learn and adapt, which he has already begun proving by completely reworking his throwing motion.
"Physical gifts"? Most college QBs have the "physical gifts" to play in the NFL. QB in the NFL is highly technical, particularly when it comes to medium and long range accuracy. This is a VERY difficult skill to master which is why there are so few great QBs in the NFL. Being a great athlete is pretty meaningless for NFL QBs so that's not likely to help him much. Tebow is not elusive enough to do alot of damage in the NFL on the ground.

He needs to be able to throw the ball from the pocket, into tight spaces, consistently under pressure. He did not show this in college, where he ran a gimmicky offense and threw short to a very good WR corps. That jump pass he made a living on in colleges is not going to cut it in the NFL. I'm not sure he can get passes to specific spots on the field, on time, with guys bearing down on him. That's NFL QB, and he has not shown a consistent ability to do this so far.

Quote:
I'm tired of you band-wagon Tebow haters running around screaming how bad of a quarterback he will be because you either

1. Don't like the whipping he put on the best conference in college football

2. Got tired of hearing about him in the media

3. Have a problem with his religious views.

You already made yourself sound like a fool once in this thread stating you thought his religious views would lead to problems in the NFL. You really need to quit while your ahead because as I said before your contribution to this topic up to this point has been nothing more then trolling.

Good day sir.
You clearly have no idea who you're talking to. I'm one of the few people on this entire board who thinks that the NFL's stupid passing rules are needlessly forcing QBs with tremendous physical athleticism like Tebow out of the game. I think if the rules were fair guys like Tebow and Pat White would be highly prized players, but as long as the rules favor stone footed pocket guys like Manning and Brady the game will be more about narrowly defined technique than great talent.

Having said that, I don't care about any of your three things. College football is fun to watch game to game, but I don't follow any one team of conference. I find the constant discussion about him in the media to be amusing. Lastly I could give a damn about Tebow's views, I just don't want to see him John Rocker himself out of the NFL.

My assessment of Tebow is as follows: He was a good college QB. Somewhat overrated because of the gimmicky offense he played in, but a superior athlete to most QBs. I suspect he lacks a very powerful arm and his windup was used to mask this weakness. It has yet to be seen if he can deliver the ball with velocity, in game situations, with his new release.

Tebow is a rah-rah type of guy and I like that. He does not lack physical courage or fear pain. In a QB I love that, Manning and Brady are cowards. He's willing to work. This is important because most of what separates the best QBs from the worst is skill development, not talent.

I think if he sat for 2-3 years on a team with a good coaching staff he could come out and be very good. The problem is the chances of that happening are low, and that's what you and the other homers need to get realistic about. He's either going to go to a contender that wants him to play TE, or he's going to a garbage organization that will ask him to be the savior after the first six games of the season. It's possible that he goes to a team that will develop him properly, but it's not very likely.
Old 03-18-2010, 07:58 PM   #70
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

Tebow to Jacksonville is a done deal unless the Jags plan on relocating somewhere
Old 03-18-2010, 08:14 PM   #71
MVP

Amoo316's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
The problem is the chances of that happening are low, and that's what you and the other homers need to get realistic about.
Again your ability to consistently insult somebody overrules you ability to communicate on an intelligent level.

Quote:
I suspect he lacks a very powerful arm and his windup was used to mask this weakness. It has yet to be seen if he can deliver the ball with velocity, in game situations, with his new release.
So you're basing your analysis off of what you suspect? Surely even you can see the flaw in this.

Quote:
He did not show this in college, where he ran a gimmicky offense and threw short to a very good WR corps.
Can you name one receiver outside of Aaron Hernandez on last year's Florida team that you would consider "very good"? Apparently Riley Cooper now ranks up there with wide outs to be feared in the country. He only put up 2895 yards 21TDs and 5INTs throwing to nobody all year.

Quote:
He's either going to go to a contender that wants him to play TE, or he's going to a garbage organization that will ask him to be the savior after the first six games of the season. It's possible that he goes to a team that will develop him properly, but it's not very likely.
I'm glad you already know this. Why don't you go ahead and PM me the next major sports upset while you're at it so we can both be rich.

When did I ever come in here and say, "The day Tebow is drafted he is going to turn that team into an instant winner and win 700 Superbowls before he retires!!!!!11one" Oh that's right I never did. So the fact still remains you stuck your foot in your mouth and decided to lump me in with everybody else you consider a "homer". As I said before this is simply rude and disrespectful and not adding anything more to this topic then trolling. If you would like to have intelligent discussion about anybody or anything in college football I am more then willing to participate but if you are going to continue throwing around insults and being a down-right D-bag I'll simply report you for trolling and move on. Quit acting like your some omniscient God here to grace us all with your superior knowledge. I promise you there are others out there that know just as much as you and more.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #72
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
Tebow to Jacksonville is a done deal unless the Jags plan on relocating somewhere
If that happens I seriously have reservations about Tebow having success. He's going to get pressure 10x magnified then what he had to deal with at UF.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »