Home

Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

This is a discussion on Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #113
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
LOL yeah that was posted in the Jets/Chargers Playoff thread after the game. Hilarious and is a good example of his poor tackling. He's afraid to hit people.

He sure looked like it - that was sad.

He clearly had a line and just did a Madden-esque glitch-like stutter step. I mean, if we saw this in the game, we'd be like NOOOOOOES GLITCH! But, there it was, in real life - and we know there are no glitches in real life

That was like...wow. Guess that's an illustration of being just a cover corner.

And yeah LOL @ that post. That's was too funny.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:42 AM   #114
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

As a die hard Charger fan who watches every game, every year, I can say with absolute certainty that this was a good move by the Chargers. Cro was mediocre at best, got beat consistently, and is no where near the CB that Jammer is. Add to that the fact that he has massive amounts of drama off the field and it was a no brainer for the Chargers to move him.

Does he have potential....yes. Can he be a solid player....yes. He showed flashes as a rookie(even though I think you can attribute some of those 10 INT's as QB's trying to avoid throwing to Jammer and pick on the rookie). But the problem with him is he just doesn't care that much. His tackling sucks, he's out of position all the time, and all this talk about him being good at man coverage, at least from watching him play the last 2 season, is again a joke. He just isn't that great.

Hopefully for Jet fans it works out. I do think he is an upgrade over Lito Sheppard(although I haven't seen many Jet games so I'm not sure on that). But as a Chargers fan I am happy.

BTW, I was one of those fans who kept hoping Cro would turn it around, making excuses for him(his hip injury, no pressure on the QB, ect) but this last season was it for me. His hip was fine. The D brought plenty of pressure. He just couldn't make plays. The last straw, which is ironic, was the 2 absolute atrocious no tackle attempts against the Jets in the playoffs. Just garbage.
Old 03-10-2010, 02:37 PM   #115
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
As a die hard Charger fan who watches every game, every year, I can say with absolute certainty that this was a good move by the Chargers. Cro was mediocre at best, got beat consistently, and is no where near the CB that Jammer is. Add to that the fact that he has massive amounts of drama off the field and it was a no brainer for the Chargers to move him.

Does he have potential....yes. Can he be a solid player....yes. He showed flashes as a rookie(even though I think you can attribute some of those 10 INT's as QB's trying to avoid throwing to Jammer and pick on the rookie). But the problem with him is he just doesn't care that much. His tackling sucks, he's out of position all the time, and all this talk about him being good at man coverage, at least from watching him play the last 2 season, is again a joke. He just isn't that great.

Hopefully for Jet fans it works out. I do think he is an upgrade over Lito Sheppard(although I haven't seen many Jet games so I'm not sure on that). But as a Chargers fan I am happy.

BTW, I was one of those fans who kept hoping Cro would turn it around, making excuses for him(his hip injury, no pressure on the QB, ect) but this last season was it for me. His hip was fine. The D brought plenty of pressure. He just couldn't make plays. The last straw, which is ironic, was the 2 absolute atrocious no tackle attempts against the Jets in the playoffs. Just garbage.
For anybody that thinks Cro has been any semblance of good or that it is the "system" of the Chargers that has made him an "average" CB:

88 attempts, 11.14 YPA, 13.64 Forced INC%, 4 TDs, 2 INTs

This was his year in 2008. He was the WORST starting CB in the league as far as statistically. THE worst.

It didn't change much this year. He was still one of, if not THE, worst starting CB in the league.

The guy has hands like glue for a corner and an impressive physical skillset, but anybody who actually thinks that he has any sort of technique, whether in man or zone, hasn't watched the Chargers.

Period.

Statistics back this, analyzing his play backs this, etc. He has huge potential, but it's very unlikely that he'll fulfill it.

His year in 2007 was good, but he can thank Quentin Jammer for much of that, imo. Once it was found out how he could be exploited, almost every team in the NFL took advantage, as evidenced by his last two HORRIBLE years.

I gotta few good laughs out of how he "excels in man coverage and bump n' run schemes" when the guy literally appears scared to tackle.

If Rex can change his on-field mentality, maybe you guys have something, if you can teach him to play the CB position well.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »