Home

Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

This is a discussion on Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-05-2010, 02:44 PM   #9
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jorge380
The Jets gave up to much for this chump.Hates to sacrifice his body for the benefit of his team winning.Ryan is going to tear a new one on this fool.Cromartie in New York City, this could be a major concern for the J-E-T-S.
A third round pick or a second round pick (based on performance) is too much to put one of the better young corners opposite of Revis? I don't think anyone can deny that Cromartie has pretty good man coverage skills (zone...maybe not so much.)

I get that everyone has an opinion, but come on... Now days I see more and more people trying to be like Skip Bayless and give every reason under the sun (whether it's factual or not) as to why a player isn't going to be successful.

I think Cromartie can be successful being coached by a man who's gonna hold him accountable and stay in his face and also in a system where he's going to be playing a lot more man coverage than he did in SD. Is there the possibility of it not working out? Sure. But the good far outweighs the negative in this scenario. Where the hell else are you gonna get a 24 year-old, lighting fast, former All-Pro corner to play opposite a current All-Pro corner for a 3rd round pick, possibly a 2nd?
Old 03-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #10
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

I still see Adalius Thomas heading to the Jets so maybe that's the "one player away". That D is going to be nasty next year. They resign Washington and I don't see the offense missing much of a beat either.
Old 03-05-2010, 03:52 PM   #11
binging

SPTO's Arena

OVR: 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwharton
I still see Adalius Thomas heading to the Jets so maybe that's the "one player away". That D is going to be nasty next year. They resign Washington and I don't see the offense missing much of a beat either.
I could see the offense slipping just a tad but it won't matter with the kind of defense they'll be putting on the field. Teams will be hard pressed to score against the Jets next year.

"Baseball is the most important thing that doesn't matter at all" - Robert B. Parker
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 04:30 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Offense could be better because you assume Sanchez is going to have a better year, and we are probably going to upgrade receiver. Barring injury, the running game should still be outstanding if Leon is back to himself.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:32 PM   #13
*ll St*r

wwharton's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPTO
I could see the offense slipping just a tad but it won't matter with the kind of defense they'll be putting on the field. Teams will be hard pressed to score against the Jets next year.
Why do you see the offense slipping? Taking nothing away from Jones but Greene is ready, and Washington is ready to take on a larger load (if healthy). Edwards will be starting the season already knowing the offense and working with Sanchez, who should also be better with a year under his belt... same for Keller. They've got a great oline, a franchise QB, two solid WRs, a solid TE, two solid RBs and a defense that will keep them fresh.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:42 PM   #14

SouthernBrick's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
A third round pick or a second round pick (based on performance) is too much to put one of the better young corners opposite of Revis? I don't think anyone can deny that Cromartie has pretty good man coverage skills (zone...maybe not so much.)

I get that everyone has an opinion, but come on... Now days I see more and more people trying to be like Skip Bayless and give every reason under the sun (whether it's factual or not) as to why a player isn't going to be successful.

I think Cromartie can be successful being coached by a man who's gonna hold him accountable and stay in his face and also in a system where he's going to be playing a lot more man coverage than he did in SD. Is there the possibility of it not working out? Sure. But the good far outweighs the negative in this scenario. Where the hell else are you gonna get a 24 year-old, lighting fast, former All-Pro corner to play opposite a current All-Pro corner for a 3rd round pick, possibly a 2nd?
Well then SD will be getting a second round pick if he is successful. All It takes is a certain amount of snaps and something else, I'm not sure. Its not like SD was going to get a first for him and there are to many other players to sign so either way Its a win win. If he plays average then oh well Its a 3rd round pick, If he plays great(which a lot of people will expect playing opposite Revis) then Its a second round pick. That play where he wouldn't tackle Greene says it all so you gotta let him and his 7 kids go(I knew it was close to 10 lol) but, we'll see If he'll straighten up. A lot of people on here including me think he will do good If not great so I expect a second rounder.

I know some corners really don't like tackling but, what Cro did...that is just unacceptable(wouldn't even reach out touch him with a arm) and you gotta get a guy like him out of here. I don't know why people are saying Its a bad deal for the Chargers but, we all have our own opinions. Sounds more like a bad deal for the Pats to me. You gotta get rid of em either way so might as well get something than nothing for him.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:14 PM   #15
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyGivenSunday
Well then SD will be getting a second round pick if he is successful. All It takes is a certain amount of snaps and something else, I'm not sure. Its not like SD was going to get a first for him and there are to many other players to sign so either way Its a win win. If he plays average then oh well Its a 3rd round pick, If he plays great(which a lot of people will expect playing opposite Revis) then Its a second round pick. That play where he wouldn't tackle Greene says it all so you gotta let him and his 7 kids go(I knew it was close to 10 lol) but, we'll see If he'll straighten up. A lot of people on here including me think he will do good If not great so I expect a second rounder.

I know some corners really don't like tackling but, what Cro did...that is just unacceptable(wouldn't even reach out touch him with a arm) and you gotta get a guy like him out of here. I don't know why people are saying Its a bad deal for the Chargers but, we all have our own opinions. Sounds more like a bad deal for the Pats to me. You gotta get rid of em either way so might as well get something than nothing for him.
Yea I can understand SD letting him go, but I think he's a good fit for what we're trying to do here. I also think it's a win-win, you guys get rid of a player that the organization wasn't too keen on and we get player who can cover in man pretty well (if his mind is right.)

Maybe a change of scenery (although far colder scenery) will be just what he needs. I'm not ready to write off a 24 year old dude who was an All-Pro a few seasons ago...but I also wouldn't keep a player who's showing signs of not wanting to be there. Both teams accomplished what they wanted with this deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2010, 05:16 PM   #16
Hall Of Fame

DTX3's Arena

OVR: 56

Jets are looking real good.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »