Home

Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

This is a discussion on Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets... within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-06-2010, 04:07 PM   #41
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Antonio Cromartie traded to the Jets...

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
Let alone want him. He's the Bart Scott of CB's, except worse.

A win for the Chargers.
Excellent analogy. Both players think they are a lot better than they are, and continually pop off despite mediocre play.

I just with we could have sent Shaun Phillips and Stephen Cooper with Cromartie. 2 more players who fit that mold.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 04:45 PM   #42
MVP

nuckles2k2's Arena

OVR: 13

I love it when people leave empty comments and act as if they've just dropped some knowledge.

Bart Scott was an excellent addition to the team and he played well for us...does he talk lot? Sure...but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Has Cromartie played below his potential the past few seasons? Yes. Does that mean he's done? See Randy Moss circa his Oakland Raider days.

It's one thing to not like a player, but it's another to try to act as if you're making an intelligent argument as to why that player can't play... I guess people would have been wrong about Moss and Cedric Benson huh? Maybe it's better to just sit back and see what happens... No need to try to explain why a player from team A won't play well for team B, when it seems as if you're not 100% sure what schemes your own team is running. You don't have to justify your dislike for a player, watch I'll show you.

I don't like Matt Hasselbeck.

And this is my last post...I hope.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:47 PM   #43
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuckles2k2
I love it when people leave empty comments and act as if they've just dropped some knowledge.

Bart Scott was an excellent addition to the team and he played well for us...does he talk lot? Sure...but I don't see what that has to do with anything. Has Cromartie played below his potential the past few seasons? Yes. Does that mean he's done? See Randy Moss circa his Oakland Raider days.

It's one thing to not like a player, but it's another to try to act as if you're making an intelligent argument as to why that player can't play... I guess people would have been wrong about Moss and Cedric Benson huh? Maybe it's better to just sit back and see what happens... No need to try to explain why a player from team A won't play well for team B, when it seems as if you're not 100% sure what schemes you own team is running. You don't have to justify your dislike for a player, watch I'll show you.

I don't like Matt Hasselbeck.
Justify away!!!

Since you like overrated players with big mouths, please take Shaun Phillips and Stephen Cooper from us as well. They'd be a perfect fit with Scott and Cromartie.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #44
Rookie

Murkurial's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Justify away!!!

Since you like overrated players with big mouths, please take Shaun Phillips and Stephen Cooper from us as well. They'd be a perfect fit with Scott and Cromartie.
Somebody doesn't like to bring legitimate arguments to the table...

See, I can give smarmy one-liners too and then scurry away.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #45
Hall Of Fame

NYJets's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by z Revis
I don't know why the Jets made this trade. Why do they even need him? Let alone want him. He's the Bart Scott of CB's, except worse.

A win for the Chargers.

Because he has played a pro bowl level before, and he's still young. Sometimes all players need is a change of scenery. I understand why the Chargers traded him, but it was a no brainer for the Jets imo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-06-2010, 04:55 PM   #46
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murkurial
Somebody doesn't like to bring legitimate arguments to the table...

See, I can give smarmy one-liners too and then scurry away.
I already made the argument. If you want to continue with all the excuses for him, great.

Good riddance an our side. Now we just have to get rid of the other 2 big mouths who aren't near as good as they think and we're all set.

Hopefully the Jets take them, they'd fit in great with Scott and Cromartie. If you don't like that, I'll live.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #47
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYJets
Because he has played a pro bowl level before, and he's still young. Sometimes all players need is a change of scenery. I understand why the Chargers traded him, but it was a no brainer for the Jets imo.
It's a fairly low risk move for the Jets. However Jets fan seem to think you are getting Cromartie circa 2007, which is doubtful. I am just glad he's gone. He wasn't getting any better.
Old 03-06-2010, 04:57 PM   #48
Rookie

Murkurial's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
I already made the argument. If you want to continue with all the excuses for him, great.

Good riddance an our side. Now we just have to get rid of the other 2 big mouths who aren't near as good as they think and we're all set.

Hopefully the Jets take them, they'd fit in great with Scott and Cromartie. If you don't like that, I'll live.
Why are you so angry?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »